New Topic Respond to this Topic
RandomApple
RandomApple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Art Lover
Response to RandomApple's art thread Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 12:36 PM Reply

It's been too long since i've posted anything, but that doesn't mean I totally stopped drawing. The exams are over now, so i'll have more time to draw, and on top of that, I also aquired a new pc that can run photoshop fluently.

This here is a drawing of a friend of mine dressed as Aragorn. It's part of a bigger picture that i'm currently working on. I tried to balance the proportions, and I think it worked out fine.

PS: thanks for the positive review, MaficMelody, I really appreciate it^^.

RandomApple's art thread

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to RandomApple's art thread Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 01:38 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 12:36 PM, RandomApple wrote: This here is a drawing of a friend of mine dressed as Aragorn.

It's body looks very thin compared to his head.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
RandomApple
RandomApple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Art Lover
Response to RandomApple's art thread Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 01:38 PM, Decky wrote:
At 2/6/13 12:36 PM, RandomApple wrote: This here is a drawing of a friend of mine dressed as Aragorn.
It's body looks very thin compared to his head.

Allright, noted. But also please note that he is turning his upper body to his right, so he would be broader if he looked straight at the viewer. Either way, i'll try to give my male characters broader shoulders and bodies. Thanks for leaving a comment, Decky.

RandomApple
RandomApple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Art Lover
Response to RandomApple's art thread Feb. 24th, 2013 @ 12:31 PM Reply

Coloured the previous piece using a new method. I used some basic cell shading, added some highlights with the sai airbrush tool, and then smoothed some edges with blur. I used to colour everything with the sai brush tool, wich was a pain in the butt sometimes.
Also includes the lineart of a ladyfriend dressed as Arwen. Tell me what you think, there's always room to improve.

RandomApple's art thread

RandomApple
RandomApple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Art Lover
Response to RandomApple's art thread Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 03:56 PM Reply

To motivate myself to keep drawing, I'm working on a comic. I have no idea how it will turn out, but at least it's something to keep my hands busy. Here is some kind of quick character sheet for the main character.

RandomApple's art thread