New Topic Respond to this Topic
novabees
novabees
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Anyone interested in a collab EP? Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 06:42 AM Reply

Any musicians/artists interested in making a digital collab?
I want to go for a scary soundtrack EP with others unknown to me, instrumentation based on metal/ djent/ thall/ progressive/ etc. genres would be nice.

I don't mean scary in general terms, I want music that will actually move people. I want to release the music with a set of art to go with it, to really capture an emotion of pure fear. So painters would be great to work with too. I want to bring fear to a new meaning, a new extent. I want people to listen and actually think about our efforts to create such a piece.

If anyone would be interested, let me know and we can find a way to make contact.

P.S.
I am not strict on genre or instrumentation, I am just inspired by this.

P.P.S
I don't mean generic metal talking about dark situations, I want real grit, I want real feeling and effort put in; tempo changes, key changes, time signature changes, anything that can help create the mood and let it feel naturally unknown.

I also do a variety of metal, etc.

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anyone interested in a collab EP? Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:41 PM Reply

This is typically my thing so I'd be interested, but what is the position you're looking to have filled?

If you need a guitar player, I have a decent 7-string Schecter with a USB amp and Guitar Rig 5 and all that jazz, but the most I can really do is riffing and I have little experience recording. I'm exceptionally good at feeling time signatures, though.

I also have Studio Drummer which is evidently a very convincing drum machine.

But I'd also suggest if you're going to do something like this that you start out small, maybe one song, and see where things go. Don't pledge to complete an entire EP without experience making one (if you indeed don't have that experience) otherwise it will become a daunting task and you won't get much done.

novabees
novabees
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Anyone interested in a collab EP? Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 04:09 AM Reply

I have recorded my own work before and have recorded 6-7 track demo CD's with other bands, but not an EP.
I am looking for a full band (Studio drummer is fine), I am also a guitarist but I did want a second guitarist with different equipment to get on the tracks.

I was thinking at least two to get started, I wanted one with everything with everyone's backgrounds and influences making an impact on the track and the other track to be an interlude type track that would have everyone making ideas together but kind of writing/learning separately.

For example, I have an 8-string Schecter that I custom tune with Line6 Pod XT Live running digitally and I was thinking of coming up with new techniques and possibly recoding in different tunings (just to bring that little bit more awkwardness to it). As if I would record my track and have some other digital tracks and have you learn the song in your own tuning, but without me showing you the notes, just so it can sound like another separate track.

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anyone interested in a collab EP? Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

Alright, but you'd probably want to look to ultimate-guitar for a bass player that's into this if one doesn't pop up here.

novabees
novabees
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Anyone interested in a collab EP? Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 02:38 AM Reply

I have a bass and a nice set up for it too.

Should we use Skype or something to talk it over?

WizMystery
WizMystery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Anyone interested in a collab EP? Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 12:25 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 02:38 AM, novabees wrote: I have a bass and a nice set up for it too.

Should we use Skype or something to talk it over?

Sure sure, my skype name is the same as my username.