• 28 Replies
JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:13 AM

Do you find yourself asking....er, yourself....why your Soundcloud isn't bustling with activity?
Are you tired of only getting a handful of followers each year?
Are you sick of seeing posts on a forum that come across as advertisements?
Oh, you ARE sick of that? Sorry, my bad....but seriously...

If you use soundcloud, and want to boost your comments, I have the perfect resource for you. Soundcloud has become my main platform to share my music for free online (of course I got my shit for sale on Amazons and Itunes as well ;) ) but I remember 4 or 5 years ago, when I first got on it, wondering how the fuck I promote it. I noticed certain people had hundreds of comments and followers, and the activity on the songs made me feel way more inclined to listen to the entire thing.

Then I discovered this site.

I get as many comments as I want daily. They're real, legitimate, constructive comments (mostly praise though ;) ) and I've discovered many new artists myself. Before I share the link, check out my soundcloud, just so you know I'm not bullshitting you.

www.soundcloud.com/jonoftheshred

See all those comments? Well now it's YOUR turn to get them all for free.

I don't usually do these spammy type messages, because I don't like being sold shit on the internet. But this is a free service, and it's something I WISH I HAD 5 YEARS AGO when I first started using Soundcloud. So I've decided to share it to all my producer friends from Facebook, as well as from the various communities I frequent on the internet, including Newgrounds, and the Misc for all you here who are aware.

Here it is:

http://tinyurl.com/soundcloudbooster

If you need any other tips, advice, want to collaborate or just to talk shop, feel free to hit me up on here OR on my soundcloud. Happy music making!

Check out my music:
jonoftheshred.bandcamp.com

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:21 AM

VIIIIRUS ALERT!!!

lel

JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:23 AM

At 11/11/12 02:21 AM, Sequenced wrote: VIIIIRUS ALERT!!!

It's not a fucking virus, brah. If it was a virus, why would I be wearing this hat?

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:27 AM

At 11/11/12 02:21 AM, Sequenced wrote: VIIIIRUS ALERT!!!

But seriously, if I was going to send out a virus, why the fuck would I associate it with my music career? I'm not gonna post a link to my music alongside a virus. I'd be opening myself up for people to send hate-filled comments to my Soundcloud.

This is a resource I wish someone sent to me when I was just starting on Soundcloud to help me boost my comments and followers. As such, I choose to share it NOW socially, so that it can continue to grow, it's only gonna HELP ME if more people are using the site. An added bonus of this is I share my soundcloud to PROVE it works, thus getting myself more hits and listens in the process.

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:40 AM

At 11/11/12 02:27 AM, JonOfTheShred wrote:
This is a resource I wish someone sent to me when I was just starting on Soundcloud to help me boost my comments and followers. As such, I choose to share it NOW socially, so that it can continue to grow, it's only gonna HELP ME if more people are using the site. An added bonus of this is I share my soundcloud to PROVE it works, thus getting myself more hits and listens in the process.

yeah except I and all the other regulars on this forum don't know who you are. the first thing that will pop into their mind is 'scam'.

sharing your soundcloud is advertising - which we have a thread for here.

lel

JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:44 AM

At 11/11/12 02:40 AM, Sequenced wrote:
yeah except I and all the other regulars on this forum don't know who you are. the first thing that will pop into their mind is 'scam'.

I've been on here since 2008. Not a regular, but certainly not someone that would attack a community a regularly visit with a virus threat. It's THIS LINE OF THINKING that you're presenting that keeps sites like this a huge secret, instead of them being universally shared so everyone can benefit.

I'm not gonna make 100 posts a day to gain peoples trusts, if people choose to ignore this amazing free resource, it's their loss, not mine, so I chose to JUST SHARE IT RIGHT AWAY, instead of pussy footing towards it for three months. It's legit. It's free. It got me a large percentage of my comments. And now I offer you all the same awesome resource, because I wish someone had shown me earlier.

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:48 AM

If you must know, I felt that if I didn't shorten the link, it would have looked too convoluted for anyone to have an interest in going to. Unless it's a direct "www.______.com", people tend to shy away from it. It's why people pay money for domain names.

But again, believe what you want. In a world of crooks and scoundrels, I definitely understand your reasoning. But common sense would dictate a musician would be shooting themselves in the foot if they chose to associate their music career with anything that would hurt their reputation.

Anyone with doubts feel free to PM me or whatever, I actually returned to Newgrounds to find animators for a project, and decided to share this site while I was here.

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:56 AM

Welcome back! Here's all the links you need!

- Guidelines for submitting audio. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

- Newgrounds Audio Forum Rules

- Here is also an additional link to some Audio Resources.

- A link to a few things you should know about how we handle copyright infringements.

- Audio Advertisements Thread

- Review Request Club Thread

- Album Thread Guidelines

- If you have a voice acting demo reel, put it in the Voice Actor Advertisements thread.

- If you're looking for voices for your project, check out the Voice Actors Wanted thread.

- If you notice any audio content that breaks site rules, provide a link to it in the Audio Portal Cleanup Thread

Thank-you for your attention.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 02:56 AM

At 11/11/12 02:44 AM, JonOfTheShred wrote:

I've been on here since 2008. Not a regular, but certainly not someone that would attack a community a regularly visit with a virus threat. It's THIS LINE OF THINKING that you're presenting that keeps sites like this a huge secret, instead of them being universally shared so everyone can benefit.

so it's my fault that this site is a secret? dude look around you - this site is NOT a secret.

the only reason I linked you to the audio advertisement thread is because we don't want hundreds of threads saying 'OMG CHECK OUT MY SONG'.

that's basically what you are doing.

lel

JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:02 AM

At 11/11/12 02:56 AM, Sequenced wrote:

so it's my fault that this site is a secret? dude look around you - this site is NOT a secret.

the only reason I linked you to the audio advertisement thread is because we don't want hundreds of threads saying 'OMG CHECK OUT MY SONG'.

that's basically what you are doing.

I wasn't referring to Newgrounds when I said the site is a secret, I was referring to the site I'm sharing.

I really don't understand the internet. You try to share a link to help people out and they get all fucking butthurt you haven't been posting 100 times a day before you decided to share it.

It's just like when people post something that's already been posted. "THERE ALREADY IS A THREAD ABOUT THAT, DURRR! USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!"
Then someone actually USES the search button, and people say "Y R U BUMPING AN OLD THREAD? DERPITY DERP!"

I don't NEED people to listen to my music. I posted it to prove the resource I'm sharing actually works. I searched for another thread of this nature, and no one has ever posted this site before. So I decided to do it. I really don't get what the fucking big deal is.

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM

At 11/11/12 02:56 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Welcome back! Here's all the links you need!

- A link to a few things you should know about how we handle copyright infringements.

- If you have a voice acting demo reel, put it in the Voice Actor Advertisements thread.

- If you're looking for voices for your project, check out the Voice Actors Wanted thread.

- If you notice any audio content that breaks site rules, provide a link to it in the Audio Portal Cleanup Thread

Thanks, good to know! I'll delete the link to my Soundcloud if necessary, I wasn't trying to advertise, just trying to prove the legitimacy of the resource I'm sharing. I'm really just trying to help people with their soundclouds, here, I thought I'd make a post in 4 minutes and be on my way, not end up in a debate on internet etiquette. :B

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:13 AM

At 11/11/12 03:02 AM, JonOfTheShred wrote:
I really don't understand the internet. You try to share a link to help people out and they get all fucking butthurt you haven't been posting 100 times a day before you decided to share it.

not how it works around here. and I don't think anyone on this forum posts 100x a day. they only reason we get 'butthurt' is because WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU.

let's take this into real life. I'm a sales man. I knock on your door and you open it.

HEY I'M TRYING TO SELL THIS THING THAT WILL HELP ME MORE IN THE FUTURE BUT YOU SHOULD REALLY INVEST IT BLAH BLAH BLAH

you'll respond 'hey man I don't know you, have a nice day'.

It's just like when people post something that's already been posted. "THERE ALREADY IS A THREAD ABOUT THAT, DURRR! USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!"
Then someone actually USES the search button, and people say "Y R U BUMPING AN OLD THREAD? DERPITY DERP!"

not how it works around here. the threads that brokendeck posted aren't 'old threads' . we have them to make sure this forum doesn't get overloaded with spam.

lel

JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:19 AM

At 11/11/12 03:13 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 11/11/12 03:02 AM, JonOfTheShred wrote:
not how it works around here. and I don't think anyone on this forum posts 100x a day. they only reason we get 'butthurt' is because WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOU.

let's take this into real life. I'm a sales man. I knock on your door and you open it.

HEY I'M TRYING TO SELL THIS THING THAT WILL HELP ME MORE IN THE FUTURE BUT YOU SHOULD REALLY INVEST IT BLAH BLAH BLAH

you'll respond 'hey man I don't know you, have a nice day'.

not how it works around here. the threads that brokendeck posted aren't 'old threads' . we have them to make sure this forum doesn't get overloaded with spam.

Again, I've been a member since 2008, have a number of songs and art submissions; WHY WOULD I SHARE SOMETHING DAMAGING TO MY REPUTATION?

I'll take the link to my soundcloud down if necessary, I'm not trying to get hits on that. I'm just trying to prove that the link I'm sharing works.

What happened when Reverb Nation first got released? Do you think people all found it by themselves? No, the musicians that found it useful shared it to their friends, and so on.

I'd understand your concerns if I didn't respond to you after you responded to me. I'd understand your concerns if my join date was November 11th, 2012. But I've been here since 2008, and have submissions posted. I'm not a spam bot, and I don't need any hits on my soundcloud.

What are the requirements of posting a resource? Is there a thread I can post links to music resources? What happens when I make a thread about Looperman.com having royalty free samples for producers, are you gonna call me a terrorist and act like I'm activiating skynet?

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:24 AM

At 11/11/12 03:19 AM, JonOfTheShred wrote:
I'd understand your concerns if I didn't respond to you after you responded to me. I'd understand your concerns if my join date was November 11th, 2012. But I've been here since 2008, and have submissions posted. I'm not a spam bot, and I don't need any hits on my soundcloud.

except no one else has seen you on this forum.

lel

Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:24 AM

It's just Cloudkillers.
Calm down, he just tried to share while doing a little for himself (posting his SC and the tinyurl with his register aff.)

See ya

SUCK MY KICK

JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:28 AM

At 11/11/12 03:24 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 11/11/12 03:19 AM, JonOfTheShred wrote:
except no one else has seen you on this forum.

So what? I never had a reason to post in this forum unless I was looking for collaborations. And then I started using this site, and figured, "Oh hey, why don't I share this while I'm on Newgrounds looking for people to collaborate with? I'm sure they'll find it useful."

Instead I get into a retarded discussion about the proper way to share a music resource.

You're a mod, answer my questions:
WHERE DO I POST A RESOURCE FOR MUSIC PROMOTION?
IS THERE A SPECIFIC TOPIC FOR THIS?
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS OF POSTING A RESOURCE FOR MUSIC PROMOTION?

Those questions are so unnecessary, it literally sounds like I'm patronizing you, but I'm not. WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO POST LINKS ON THIS FORUM? Do I need to pass seven trials? Fight Chuck Norris? Bang your friends hot mom and get pictures of her tits? What must you do?

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:32 AM

This answers all of your questions.

As for 'what can I do to post links?'

Um, hang around for a few weeks, let us get to know you. then you will be allowed to post links like such.

At 11/11/12 02:56 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: Welcome back! Here's all the links you need!

lel

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:40 AM

At 11/11/12 03:35 AM, Lasse wrote: the mods are idiots and hypocrites, if i'm not mistaken sequenced has made threads about his/her subpar music on a few occasions

i'll bookmark that link though, seems like a good idea

anyone who's a regular can make a thread for an album release. even you.

so basically you should suck on all of the world's finest testicles.

p.s. i am gay

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:40 AM

At 11/11/12 03:35 AM, Lasse wrote: the mods are idiots and hypocrites, if i'm not mistaken sequenced has made threads about his/her subpar music on a few occasions

not all of us are idiots - some can be hypocrites though.

we will allow you to post some of your music if it's either an EP or an album and if you come here often enough that we are familiar with you and so forth and so on.

lel

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:44 AM

most of the comments are just "yo check out my beetz" spammy shit anyway. why the fuck would anyone want that?

p.s. i am gay

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:46 AM

So what you proved you are not a bot or spammer?

Im never gonna click on a hidden link that promises miraculous soundcloud results lol.

JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:47 AM

I understand the immediate concern, but at some point, it gets kind of ridiculous. I responded to and dismantled any concern regarding my legitimacy quite efficiently. To argue with me any further is just arguing for the sake of arguing, continuing the debate just to not lose the debate. I admitted to my faults (posting my soundcloud), and laced my posts with hyperbole and humor. ISN'T THAT ENOUGH?!?!?! ;)

But I'm seriously, to actually believe that a spambot reactivate after 4 years...and not only that, but that but said spambot would debate internet etiquette for 20 minutes....is completely ridiculous. The kicker, though.....to think a spambot would submit music and art to a website, wait 4 years, then spam the forum out of nowhere? That's fucking retarded.

I'll make sure I earn my Merit Badge before I post something next time.

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:51 AM

At 11/11/12 03:47 AM, JonOfTheShred wrote:
At 11/11/12 03:35 AM, Lasse wrote:
But I'm seriously, to actually believe that a spambot reactivate after 4 years...and not only that, but that but said spambot would debate internet etiquette for 20 minutes....is completely ridiculous. The kicker, though.....to think a spambot would submit music and art to a website, wait 4 years, then spam the forum out of nowhere? That's fucking retarded.

I never called you a spambot lol.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I cleared up any confusion in his PM that he sent me.

G'night folks.

lel

JonOfTheShred
JonOfTheShred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:51 AM

At 11/11/12 03:44 AM, midimachine wrote: most of the comments are just "yo check out my beetz" spammy shit anyway. why the fuck would anyone want that?

No they aren't. If you do that, you get banned. It's a moderated site, and they constantly warn people, ban people, and suspend accounts when people abuse the website. Comments need to be constructive / endearing. So you'll either get tips on how to make your track better, people telling you what they like about the song.

It's a community, just like this one. The time spent at Cloud Killers is just as valuable as the time spent here, IMO. Both are great places to promote, meet fellow musicians / animators / graphic designers, and find people to collaborate with.

Check out my music:

BBS Signature
Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 04:30 AM

I registered to your site, but not with the link you gave me.
Thanks for sharing.

SUCK MY KICK

EagleGuard
EagleGuard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 05:49 AM

Sounds like an interesting system, thanks for sharing :)

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 06:52 AM

When skimming the initial post I did immediately get the feeling it would be some illegitimate sketchy bull, like the stuff that lets you get more twitter followers. If you'd just explained that it's a community focussed on providing other musicians constructive feedback, people might have been more positive initially.

That aside, if you're ever worried about opening a shortened url, I've built a little tool a while ago that checks where you will be redirected, without having to load the short url (just follows the HTTP redirects without loading any of the content of the page in your browser).

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 08:46 AM

I don't get why so many people act SOOO aggressive on NG forum lately. Cut off some of the coffee people, come on, the OP just wanted to share something helpful.
And just because you agree or disagree with an idea, you should not attack someone with personal comments (or calling their music "subpar").

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Soundcloud, Y U No Have Comments?! Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

Well, this thread went to shit.
Yeah, it does look like an ad-thread.
Feel free to discuss the creation of making music, feel free to share legit stuff, but please don't make things look like ads. And that tinyurl - yeah, looks shady man... :3 On the Internet most learn to be a critic to various stuff. Self-preservation, or computer health preservation. ^_^
You're probably a good guy though, I dunno lol etc.

Regs, if you're gonna shoot someone down, do it in a CIVIL manner. No shitfests or the banhammer will whistle. Audio moderators who can't act well mannered on the forums may end up getting slapped in the face and demodded for it, you all know you should behave (same goes for forum mods, of course <_< >_>). Not pointing anyone out here, it's just a general statement.

Oh hai, my main platform for sharing my music is - Newgrounds, surprise... :o

Thanks y'all for wasting your time reading this message beep ^___^

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...