redskylullaby
redskylullaby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
All things in moderation 2012-11-09 21:44:22 Reply

New to Newgrounds, decent site
Had some audio tracks up for a couple of weeks and looking to get them moderated
Anyone out there that can help with that?

BBS Signature
Ectohelix
Ectohelix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to All things in moderation 2012-11-10 00:39:14 Reply

At 11/9/12 09:44 PM, redskylullaby wrote: New to Newgrounds, decent site
Had some audio tracks up for a couple of weeks and looking to get them moderated
Anyone out there that can help with that?

You have to bake a cake and post a picture of yourself holding it.
(No I really have no clue what you're even talking about)

Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, or Soundcloud.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to All things in moderation 2012-11-10 09:51:31 Reply

If you PM me with several details I might take a look on your tracks.
What you have to tell me is:
- What software you used to make them
- Do you use a MIDI controller or draw notes with the mouse.
- Rhythms are programmed or loops.
- What guitar and trumpet/ trombone you used in "Half Star" (if recorded by you, what microphone you used, if not who played...) . It's always good to provide a good description and full credit all people involved.

It might seem a bit picky, but now with the scouting system (when users can moderate/ scout new authors) you take responsibility for whom you approve. I used to be a moderator here and you have no idea how many users used to upload "Linkin Park" tracks with excuses from "but I really like this band" to "my brother is the drummer and said it's ok to upload".
You seems to be a legit artist but your music production sounds too good, so a double check is advised (I guess there is a compliment hidden there).

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to All things in moderation 2012-11-10 10:04:33 Reply

At 11/10/12 09:51 AM, sorohanro wrote: You seems to be a legit artist but your music production sounds too good, so a double check is advised (I guess there is a compliment hidden there).

There definitely is. Sometimes I scroll around the latest submissions and/or the unapproved ones and there's some magnificent stuff in there..

It affects my selffeels :(

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to All things in moderation 2012-11-10 11:24:10 Reply

Erm... Not that great, Ice Dream for example saturates like a lot at the beginning and the compressor used kicks in way too much every time there's a drum kick.

Don't take it the wrong way, that's constructive criticism. The track is actually pretty interesting, it has a good bass-line and the drum sounds nice and warm. GG

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Veteran REAPER user. Click below for the song that got me 2nd place. :)

BBS Signature