Be a Supporter!
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
remake a game Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 12:12 PM Reply

so if you could have the option to remake any game of your choice, what would it be? for me i would like to have halo 2 with everything from the original literally no changes but the graphics, so all original maps online, all original guns and everything else. my other choice is super smash bros 64 for the the 3ds because if we're going to get a new smash bros how about celebrating it and besides it would be a great port like star fox 64 3d and ocarina of time 3d. but what game do you want remade?


It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to remake a game Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 12:59 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 12:12 PM, darkjam wrote:

:halo 2

...

There are many that I would like remade. but I'll just throw out Gex 3 from the PS1. There were a shit-ton of levels each with its own theme, so I think if it was remade in this gen with all the purty graphics and ability to make different art styles, it would be amazing. Also modernising the jokes would be possible.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to remake a game Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 01:04 PM Reply

MGS is long overdue for a remake, whatever if you want it or not. And I they did it for the gamecube but come on, the real fans are not Nintendo players.


Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to remake a game Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 02:42 PM Reply

A Bushido Blade reboot would be cool.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to remake a game Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 01:04 PM, Mismo wrote: MGS is long overdue for a remake, whatever if you want it or not. And I they did it for the gamecube but come on, the real fans are not Nintendo players.

just because it's on a nintendo console doesn't mean that it's played only by nintendo fans


It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
DigiYolk
DigiYolk
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to remake a game Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 12:12 PM, darkjam wrote: so if you could have the option to remake any game of your choice, what would it be? for me i would like to have halo 2 with everything from the original literally no changes but the graphics, so all original maps online, all original guns and everything else. my other choice is super smash bros 64 for the the 3ds because if we're going to get a new smash bros how about celebrating it and besides it would be a great port like star fox 64 3d and ocarina of time 3d. but what game do you want remade?

I am remaking Clyde's Adventure (a classic DOS game). So I pick that one :P

Check it out :) http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digiyolk/clydes-adventur e-reborn

remake a game

Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to remake a game Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 02:47 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 11/9/12 01:04 PM, Mismo wrote: MGS is long overdue for a remake, whatever if you want it or not. And I they did it for the gamecube but come on, the real fans are not Nintendo players.
just because it's on a nintendo console doesn't mean that it's played only by nintendo fans

Well no of course not, but most people don't want to or can afford to buy a different console just because a game they like (and remake of a game in this case) is exclusively sold to just that one console.


Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to remake a game Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 04:03 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 03:16 PM, Mismo wrote:
At 11/9/12 02:47 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 11/9/12 01:04 PM, Mismo wrote: MGS is long overdue for a remake, whatever if you want it or not. And I they did it for the gamecube but come on, the real fans are not Nintendo players.
just because it's on a nintendo console doesn't mean that it's played only by nintendo fans
Well no of course not, but most people don't want to or can afford to buy a different console just because a game they like (and remake of a game in this case) is exclusively sold to just that one console.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was only released for the PS3, and MGS2/3 were only for the PS2, and MGS was only for the PS1 so what is your argument here?

Also the first games, both the 2 official games and the 2 American versions of the Metal Gear games were for the NES / Famicom. And another Metal Gear game, Ghost I believe was for a handheld Nintendo system. Metal Gear Solid, the 3rd / 5th / 6th game in the franchise was the first to be on a Sony console. Yet you complain they made a game for a Nintendo system again?


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
momijirabbit
momijirabbit
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to remake a game Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 05:04 PM Reply

Sonic 06.

SO
MUCH
POTENTIAL.
WHY!?
NO SEGA, I DON'T LIKE FURRY FETISHES!


I AM A ROBOT.
BEEP BOP
MAGGOTS.

BBS Signature
thatwhoosy
thatwhoosy
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 07:18 AM Reply

Deus Ex!

darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 07:34 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 05:04 PM, momijirabbit wrote: Sonic 06.

yeah i agree. if they changed to storyline and fixed all the glitches it could've been a good game but they had to rush it!


It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 02:42 PM Reply

At 11/10/12 07:14 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Shift key.It works wonders, OP.
Also I would like to see FF7 remade, as long as they kept the feel and gameplay of the original game. I also wouldn't mind FF8 or 6 either.

It would be neat to see FF6 with updated 3d graphics.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
xamuli
xamuli
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

Sonic 4
That game was supposed to bring Sonic back to 2D, but it sucks compared to the classic 2D Sonic games.
I would fix the physics, make Sonic, Tails and Knuckles be playable characters and redesign the levels to be more like Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 03:00 PM Reply

also, S.C.A.T (unfortunate name, I know). It would be cool to have a remake with 3d graphics, but the same 2d sidescrolling gameplay. It could be released on XBLA and PSN.

remake a game


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

Time Splitters Future Perfect. Fps' take themselves too seriously nowadays.

kmau
kmau
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Animator
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 04:03 PM Reply

I'd rewrite Skyward Sword. It's a great entry in the Zelda series but In my opinion Phi and the creation of the Master Sword weren't played out well at all. Even though the game was supposed to revolve around that Phi was just.. there - and in the end Link is all like "Nurr don't go!", implying that they bonded even though they had pretty much no interaction or character development outside of her Navi-of-the-week functions. The opposite would be Midna from Twilight Princess, who was well integrated into the storyline.


BBS Signature
shandude
shandude
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 04:37 PM Reply

Soulcalibur V with the originally planned 80 fight long storyline


Is...is that a Dragonball Dispenser?

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 05:22 PM Reply

Doom

Reason: Doom

darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 11/10/12 03:12 PM, Jester wrote: Time Splitters Future Perfect. Fps' take themselves too seriously nowadays.

yes! another timesplitters fan, you are awesome, but timesplitters 2 is better in my opinion


It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
LUIGILUIGI64
LUIGILUIGI64
  • Member since: Jul. 26, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to remake a game Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

PAPER MARIO(N64)!!!

remake a game

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to remake a game Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 11:15 AM Reply

At 11/10/12 02:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 11/10/12 07:14 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Shift key.It works wonders, OP.
Also I would like to see FF7 remade, as long as they kept the feel and gameplay of the original game. I also wouldn't mind FF8 or 6 either.
It would be neat to see FF6 with updated 3d graphics.

Definitely...Though, I think this would be more suited to handhelds.


SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to remake a game Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 03:30 PM Reply

The first three Elder Scrolls (Maybe not Morrowind). Not just the graphics, but the difficulty of Elder Scrolls: Arena, I mean, I found the first level very difficult to beat, I never got past the dungeon.


That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to remake a game Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 04:36 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 04:03 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 11/9/12 03:16 PM, Mismo wrote:
At 11/9/12 02:47 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 11/9/12 01:04 PM, Mismo wrote: MGS is long overdue for a remake, whatever if you want it or not. And I they did it for the gamecube but come on, the real fans are not Nintendo players.
just because it's on a nintendo console doesn't mean that it's played only by nintendo fans
Well no of course not, but most people don't want to or can afford to buy a different console just because a game they like (and remake of a game in this case) is exclusively sold to just that one console.
Metal Gear Solid 4 was only released for the PS3, and MGS2/3 were only for the PS2, and MGS was only for the PS1 so what is your argument here?

Also the first games, both the 2 official games and the 2 American versions of the Metal Gear games were for the NES / Famicom. And another Metal Gear game, Ghost I believe was for a handheld Nintendo system. Metal Gear Solid, the 3rd / 5th / 6th game in the franchise was the first to be on a Sony console. Yet you complain they made a game for a Nintendo system again?

My argument is that I want a remake of Metal Gear Solid that I have the capability to play, what is so hard to get about that? I don't have a gamecube nor do I think I'll ever get one.

Also this may sound weird, but I am an xbox owner so why should I even expect a remake of Metal Gear Solid that would even be released to the xbox 360? Well I don't but I want to, and isn't that what this thread is about? Telling each other what game we would like to see remade.

So that's what I want, a remake of the first MGS game that will also be released to the xbox 360, so I don't have to have to buy a whole different console just to be able to play it. I don't think will happen, but that's what I want.


Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to remake a game Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 10:14 AM Reply

Remake Okami in HD, but add the INNOVATIVE MOTION COTNROLS.
Actually, no. Just remake Okami.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
xamuli
xamuli
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to remake a game Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 11/10/12 05:21 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote:
At 11/10/12 02:51 PM, xamuli wrote: Sonic 4
That game was supposed to bring Sonic back to 2D, but it sucks compared to the classic 2D Sonic games.
I would fix the physics, make Sonic, Tails and Knuckles be playable characters and redesign the levels to be more like Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
The problem with Sonic 4 isn't the physics. ESPECIALLY in Episode 2. The levels should be original, not based on Sonic 3K.

I didn't mean I would redesign the themes of the levels, I meant I would redesign the gameplay of the levels.
The themes of the levels should be original but the gameplay should be similar to Sonic 3K.
It doesn't need to be identical, though, but Sonic 4 is way off.

The physics aren't the reason why Sonic 4 was ruined but it would be nice to have them fixed too.

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to remake a game Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 02:57 PM Reply

I would like to see Morrowind remade with modern day technology. It would look great, I feel.


Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to remake a game Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 09:14 AM Reply

At 11/12/12 02:57 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote: I would like to see Morrowind remade with modern day technology. It would look great, I feel.

yeah i've never played it so i hope that happens


It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to remake a game Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 09:25 AM Reply

If I could remake Final Fantasy XIII, I would make it with a completely real-time based combat system where you can change the leader at any time, have more customization options like you did in XII, utilize a combo system where characters can perform juggles in real time, get rid of the queue command system, keep the character designs (they are amazing, and you can't tell me otherwise; love those designs), keep the graphics, but make an entirely new story. Sure, it would still have the L'Cie and the Fal'Cie, but those things under my vision would be more clearly explained, the characters would all have more purpose in the story line, and actually be good. Instead of Hope being a whiny bitch, I would turn him into a naive optimist, Sazh into a jovial, albeit jaded fellow, Lightning into the naive soldier who blindly obeys orders only to have her world fall completely apart, Snow would be the same, Vanille would have a different voice actress, and have her be optimistic, albeit somewhat of an airhead, and Fang...Well, she's awesome as it is.


SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Programmer
Response to remake a game Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 06:23 PM Reply

FFVII just up the graphics redo the music and add voice actors (GOOD ONES) you would be good and add maybe a little more back story with Zack Fair in it even though the back story on disc III (i think) where Cloud un-fucks his head and separates his and zacks memory it would be great.

and for gods sake keep chocobo racing and breeding.

Elixur
Elixur
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to remake a game Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 11/10/12 02:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 11/10/12 07:14 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Shift key.It works wonders, OP.
Also I would like to see FF7 remade, as long as they kept the feel and gameplay of the original game. I also wouldn't mind FF8 or 6 either.
It would be neat to see FF6 with updated 3d graphics.

Terrible idea. The game would lose it's charm.


BBS Signature