New Topic Respond to this Topic
kalabor106
kalabor106
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-11-27 20:32:40 Reply

Not sure if this would work for the project work don't know any other way to show that I used the bone tool.

The Bone Tool Challenge

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-11-28 15:41:21 Reply

I ran out of time I'm sorry nae i won't be able to make the deadline.......... Things got the better of me!!!!!!!!!

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Programmer
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-11-29 18:35:52 Reply

I not only used the bone tool for the worm in my Goin' Mental game, I even controlled the bones with code!

• Goin' Mental
    Goin' Mental by samulis

Try to kill off your imaginary foes as insanity sets in!

Score
    3.51 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

I got Flash CS4 in case you need something converted to CS3.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-01 15:15:04 Reply

Thanks to our fabulous contestants for their efforts:
nat29
Jomillex
rambojoe

I think rambojoe wins this one, but since there were only three participants... and because I appreciate that you guys tried, you'll each get $25 store credit! It should show up in your account (when you visit the store) in the next few days!

Atzu, I didn't include yours 'cuz you didn't make an actual dancing animation, but thank you for sharing that with us! :)

Thanks to everyone that tried or said they would but didn't. I still think you're p. cool ;P

At 11/29/12 06:35 PM, TharosTheDragon wrote: I not only used the bone tool for the worm in my Goin' Mental game, I even controlled the bones with code!

Awesome!! Already had that in my favorites! ;)

kalabor106
kalabor106
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-01 15:35:46 Reply

Awesome! Thanks

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-01 16:46:23 Reply

Awesome job, guys. These are lovely!

if not a bit humorous. |^)

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-02 14:45:32 Reply

At 12/1/12 04:46 PM, KaDoYuu wrote: Awesome job, guys. These are lovely!
if not a bit humorous. |^)

Thank you so much :)
It was really fun participating!

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
Atzu
Atzu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-03 00:56:10 Reply

Atzu, I didn't include yours 'cuz you didn't make an actual dancing animation, but thank you for sharing that with us! :)

ReNaeNae, I agree with your decision; I should have given myself the time to make the cheeta dance.

By the way I'm curious about the bone tool aviable in the toonboom studio that it looks that Rambojoe used. I've seen both the AE and Toonboom Harmony "puppet tool" and I've also seen some Glue Module in TB Animate Pro that allows you to move 2 connected layers and let the software recreate the intersection in someway that it looks a lot like the robot Rambojoe animated. Usually I create characters with all limbs separated, that's why I'm so curious about that bone method.

Anyway, congrats to the winners!

kalabor106
kalabor106
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-03 17:05:54 Reply

At 12/3/12 12:56 AM, Atzu wrote:

ReNaeNae, I agree with your decision; I should have given myself the time to make the cheeta dance.

By the way I'm curious about the bone tool aviable in the toonboom studio that it looks that Rambojoe used. I've seen both the AE and Toonboom Harmony "puppet tool" and I've also seen some Glue Module in TB Animate Pro that allows you to move 2 connected layers and let the software recreate the intersection in someway that it looks a lot like the robot Rambojoe animated. Usually I create characters with all limbs separated, that's why I'm so curious about that bone method.

Anyway, congrats to the winners!

I drew the robot in 6 layers and then collapsed them all into the body layer. Then added the bones over the body layer and it connected to all the drawing parts that were layered in the body.
My First run I just drew a single layer character and it had some odd problems with its influence affecting other body parts stretching them all over the place.

kalabor106
kalabor106
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-05 02:26:55 Reply

How do you look to see store credit? I'm lost...

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-05 22:22:23 Reply

At 12/5/12 02:26 AM, rambojoe wrote: How do you look to see store credit? I'm lost...

Hmm, I was going to post a screen cap for you, but I don't see it anymore either. Maybe it only shows up once you actually have it. Used to be on the top left in the shopping card area.

Cr4sheR
Cr4sheR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-07 00:44:11 Reply

Yea, let's rock this challenge!

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-08 15:45:50 Reply

At 12/1/12 03:15 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Thanks to our fabulous contestants for their efforts:
nat29
Jomillex
rambojoe

I think rambojoe wins this one, but since there were only three participants... and because I appreciate that you guys tried, you'll each get $25 store credit! It should show up in your account (when you visit the store) in the next few days!

Lol I don't get how to order the supporter upgrade with store credit it asks for credit card..

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-12 03:28:47 Reply

At 12/8/12 03:45 PM, Jomillex wrote: Lol I don't get how to order the supporter upgrade with store credit it asks for credit card..

I think you can pm tom or luis and they can take care of it for you!

TharosTheDragon
TharosTheDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Programmer
Response to The Bone Tool Challenge 2012-12-13 00:21:27 Reply

At 12/1/12 03:15 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Awesome!! Already had that in my favorites! ;)

I just checked your favorites and it's not there.

I got Flash CS4 in case you need something converted to CS3.