Be a Supporter!

Were "witches" just lesbians..?

  • 1,954 Views
  • 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Shaun
Shaun
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 08:54 AM Reply

Serious question, were people that were persecuted as witches really just lesbians?

seems legit.


// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
KillerCRS
KillerCRS
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 08:55 AM Reply

How did you even come to this conclusion


wake up sheeple

BBS Signature
Shaun
Shaun
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 08:58 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 08:55 AM, KillerCRS wrote: How did you even come to this conclusion

I heard someone referring to lesbian sex as "stirring the cauldron." during a comedy improv.

I sort of went from there, it seems like a legitimate reason to burn people at the stake.


// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:03 AM Reply

Witches were never exclusively women. But the female "good witches" do share some similarities with nature loving feminists who are often lesbians.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
KillerCRS
KillerCRS
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:03 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 08:58 AM, Shaun wrote:
At 11/9/12 08:55 AM, KillerCRS wrote: How did you even come to this conclusion
I heard someone referring to lesbian sex as "stirring the cauldron." during a comedy improv.

I sort of went from there, it seems like a legitimate reason to burn people at the stake.

they killed them for reading and shit


wake up sheeple

BBS Signature
Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:03 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 08:54 AM, Shaun wrote: Serious question, were people that were persecuted as witches really just lesbians?

seems legit.

Fun fact: through out your life, your chin and nose never stop growing, which is why the concept of a wise old witch has lended to present day imagery the typical long nosed spooky Halloween witch we all know and love.

So the correlation between witches and old women is that of wisdom, and in the dark ages whenever someone knew something and no one else could figure out how, they called it witchcraft and burned them, where as I'd argue all they were just wise old ladies.

Remember that living past 40 in those days was a rare occurrence, so a 70~ year old woman would seem a bit suspicious to the local townsfolk despite the 'witch' clearly just being a woman who was smart enough not to die yet.

Also, look at this retarded shit:

Were "witches" just lesbians..?


BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
Shaun
Shaun
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:05 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:03 AM, KillerCRS wrote: they killed them for reading and shit

I've heard that lesbians love reading, when they get tired of tribbing.

Witches must have been lesbians!


// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:12 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:03 AM, Dry-Ice wrote:
Fun fact: through out your life, your chin and nose never stop growing, which is why the concept of a wise old witch has lended to present day imagery the typical long nosed spooky Halloween witch we all know and love.

Hopefully it grows real slow because I already have a big dumb nose from my dad. Never heard your chin does too.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Shaun
Shaun
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:19 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:12 AM, Profanity wrote: People who were tried for witchcraft in the township of Salem (which is now Danvers, MA) were both male and female.

so, not lesbians.. homosexuals.

could still be an explanation?


// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:23 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 08:54 AM, Shaun wrote: Serious question, were people that were persecuted as witches really just lesbians?

seems legit.

They must be alienz!


lel

Shaun
Shaun
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:24 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:20 AM, Profanity wrote: No, the history of the Salem Witch Trials has been thoroughly studied. It had little to do with sexuality and everything to do with religious morons.

Yes, but salem is only one example.
Witch trials were happening a long time before Americans had a turn at them.

Maybe they just bastardised them for their own purposes.


// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 08:58 AM, Shaun wrote:
At 11/9/12 08:55 AM, KillerCRS wrote: How did you even come to this conclusion
I heard someone referring to lesbian sex as "stirring the cauldron." during a comedy improv.

actually, lesbians cant have sex with other lesbians, as much they can masturbate each other


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:29 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:26 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 11/9/12 08:58 AM, Shaun wrote:
At 11/9/12 08:55 AM, KillerCRS wrote: How did you even come to this conclusion
I heard someone referring to lesbian sex as "stirring the cauldron." during a comedy improv.
actually, lesbians cant have sex with other lesbians, as much they can masturbate each other

I think we view sex differently than you do. It isn't just penetration of a vagina with a penis.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Shaun
Shaun
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:29 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:26 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 11/9/12 08:58 AM, Shaun wrote:
At 11/9/12 08:55 AM, KillerCRS wrote: How did you even come to this conclusion
I heard someone referring to lesbian sex as "stirring the cauldron." during a comedy improv.
actually, lesbians cant have sex with other lesbians, as much they can masturbate each other

They call that sex, I'm happy to go along with them in that.
It may not be traditional sexual intercourse. They try their best.


// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:32 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:29 AM, JBK wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:26 AM, kakalxlax wrote:

actually, lesbians cant have sex with other lesbians, as much they can masturbate each other
I think we view sex differently than you do. It isn't just penetration of a vagina with a penis.

sex = genital penetration

lesbians cant penetrate with their genitals


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:32 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:29 AM, JBK wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:26 AM, kakalxlax wrote:

actually, lesbians cant have sex with other lesbians, as much they can masturbate each other
I think we view sex differently than you do. It isn't just penetration of a vagina with a penis.
sex = genital penetration

lesbians cant penetrate with their genitals

For you it is. For any woman that isnt even the most enjoyable part of sex. I feel sorry for all the straight women that fuck men like you and they never had real sex.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
funnyman46
funnyman46
  • Member since: Jun. 13, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:36 AM, JBK wrote: For any woman that isnt even the most enjoyable part of sex.

What is the most enjoyable part of sex in your opinion?


Yay, more jokes!

zyzy
zyzy
  • Member since: May. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 01:15 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:36 AM, JBK wrote:
For you it is. For any woman that isnt even the most enjoyable part of sex. I feel sorry for all the straight women that fuck men like you and they never had real sex.

You girls are only good at eating out, I've seen the way lesbians try to use a strap on. Lesbians have no hip rhythm and scissoring is just external stimulation. Real women want to be bottomed out and get a load on their chest stomach back or face.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:36 AM, JBK wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:32 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
sex = genital penetration

lesbians cant penetrate with their genitals
For you it is. For any woman that isnt even the most enjoyable part of sex. I feel sorry for all the straight women that fuck men like you and they never had real sex.

i feel sorry for idiots like you that cant understand a concept, i didnt say that what they do isnt enjoyable or whatever, i said its not sex, so go pretend you are a woman traumatized with men somewhere else, you wont get any pussy in here


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

T3XT
T3XT
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

Well, I see where you're coming from... homosexuality WAS a death-worthy crime in medieval times. People also liked to think such crimes were the works of demons and superstition and such. So lesbianism could very well be one of the crimes that constituted the 'witches' of the day.

People used to be so crazy.
Lagerkapo
Lagerkapo
  • Member since: Apr. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Writer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 06:03 PM Reply

Maybe they were actually witches?


NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...
MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...
Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature
Shaun
Shaun
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 08:58 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 06:03 PM, Lagerkapo wrote: Maybe they were actually witches?

Seems unlikely.


// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 11/9/12 05:28 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:36 AM, JBK wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:32 AM, kakalxlax wrote:

i feel sorry for idiots like you that cant understand a concept, i didnt say that what they do isnt enjoyable or whatever,

And you don't seem to understand. What I'm saying is you don't know what sex is. Your adolescent mind hasn't grasped that concept yet. Its just peepee goes in kittycat to you at this time. Come back when you learn a few things.

i said its not sex, so go pretend you are a woman traumatized with men somewhere else, you wont get any pussy in here

Lolwut l. You really are retarded. The fuck are you talking about??


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
SONNYISAWSOME
SONNYISAWSOME
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:08 PM Reply

You're just saying that because "witches"(Demonic girls that practised demonic symbols,pacts,etc in the 19 century)rymes with "bitches"(girls that sell theyr body for money,drugs,etc)

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 07:21 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:02 PM, JBK wrote:
At 11/9/12 05:28 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:36 AM, JBK wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:32 AM, kakalxlax wrote:

i feel sorry for idiots like you that cant understand a concept, i didnt say that what they do isnt enjoyable or whatever,
And you don't seem to understand. What I'm saying is you don't know what sex is. Your adolescent mind hasn't grasped that concept yet. Its just peepee goes in kittycat to you at this time. Come back when you learn a few things.

ok you are an idiot so ill just walk away

i said its not sex, so go pretend you are a woman traumatized with men somewhere else, you wont get any pussy in here
Lolwut l. You really are retarded. The fuck are you talking about??

soo cute, editing what i said because you cant make a logic argument against it, you kids are soooo funny


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 08:33 AM Reply

At 11/10/12 07:21 AM, kakalxlax wrote: soo cute, editing what i said because you cant make a logic argument against it, you kids are soooo funny

You know what's cute? Attempting to carry an argument without citing a single sources.
Sex; to engage in sexual activity for the purposes of reproductive or recreational purposes.

Sexual activity; activity resulting in sexual excitement or arousal.

With the right combination of fetishistic behaviour an activity as simple as brushing your hair is, technically, sex.

Read through the definition of witches, you'll see that a witch was literally whoever you wanted to be a witch. I wouldn't have any trouble deciding that witches were prosecuted lesbians, if it weren't for the fact that through the 17th to 19th centuries (the height if witchcraft fear and executions) women expressing passionate love for another was fashionable and encouraged.

Kanon
Kanon
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 10:21 AM Reply

At 11/9/12 09:24 AM, Shaun wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:20 AM, Profanity wrote: No, the history of the Salem Witch Trials has been thoroughly studied. It had little to do with sexuality and everything to do with religious morons.
Yes, but salem is only one example.
Witch trials were happening a long time before Americans had a turn at them.

Maybe they just bastardised them for their own purposes.

Question about the Salem witch Trials, just how many were burned at the stake? And how many were male and female?


PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 11/10/12 07:21 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:02 PM, JBK wrote:
At 11/9/12 05:28 PM, kakalxlax wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:36 AM, JBK wrote:
At 11/9/12 09:32 AM, kakalxlax wrote:
soo cute, editing what i said because you cant make a logic argument against it, you kids are soooo funny

Dude, you're crazy. All I did was seperate the lines so I could respond to them individually. That was your pure unedited idiocy.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 06:00 AM Reply

I would like a witch bitch to ride on my broomstick


Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Sentio
Sentio
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Writer
Response to Were "witches" just lesbians..? Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 06:10 AM Reply

More likely just another means for powerful men to keep women under the thumb. Any woman who showed any sign of independent thought or desires to be equal with men could be executed without any real trial or justification. Mix in a bit of superstition to get the masses to follow through with it and you have a very effective social control mechanism. This has a lot of parallels with religious executions of the time, in attempting to maintain their own power and dominance at the expense of those that were different or disagreed.

This may or may not include lesbians, but as others have said most sexual practices were encouraged rather than frowned upon right up until the 19th century.


Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature