DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 10:59:49 Reply

At 11/11/12 10:56 AM, Kane-Farrell wrote:
At 11/11/12 09:30 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: This is a piece I would like looked at. I plan on using her for a painting. The shot is blurry, somewhat I know, but ignore that and I just want to make sure everything is right and that her proportions are correct, etc. Keep in mind, this is a stylized work, so please don't judge as if it were realistic. Thank you.
hey let me critique it this time

your drawing might still be off (we don't know yet) but god damn FINALLY you're using expressions instead of bland faces thank GOD.

still a long way to go though maybe

I actually went in and corrected the hands, legs and feet since the feet were too big, the calfs too long, and the hand holding the bow was too small. Also, this:

I want to critique your art.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 11:38:04 Reply

At 11/11/12 09:30 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: This is a piece I would like looked at. I plan on using her for a painting. The shot is blurry, somewhat I know, but ignore that and I just want to make sure everything is right and that her proportions are correct, etc. Keep in mind, this is a stylized work, so please don't judge as if it were realistic. Thank you.

Use references.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs32/i/2008/196/5/6/archer4_by_sy ccas_stock.jpg

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 12:02:25 Reply

At 11/11/12 11:38 AM, Mabelma wrote:
Use references.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs32/i/2008/196/5/6/archer4_by_sy ccas_stock.jpg

I already knew what that looked like. I wouldn't have attempted that pose without prior knowledge. Besides, I wanted to make it look cooler. The way that guy is standing is just boring.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 12:05:57 Reply

At 11/11/12 12:02 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I already knew what that looked like. I wouldn't have attempted that pose without prior knowledge. Besides, I wanted to make it look cooler. The way that guy is standing is just boring.

Arms, your back arm is awful that's what I meant when I said use reference.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 13:13:09 Reply

At 11/11/12 10:56 AM, Kane-Farrell wrote: hey let me critique it this time

Funny how the only person you and Mabelma felt the need to critique was Hiryu. You both know where his thread is... if you have something to say about his stuff, go say it there. Don't clog up yet another topic with that drama. This is maemaemae's thread. Let her do the critiquing.

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 13:51:21 Reply

At 11/11/12 01:13 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 11/11/12 10:56 AM, Kane-Farrell wrote: hey let me critique it this time
Funny how the only person you and Mabelma felt the need to critique was Hiryu. You both know where his thread is... if you have something to say about his stuff, go say it there. Don't clog up yet another topic with that drama. This is maemaemae's thread. Let her do the critiquing.

I'm sorry ReNaeNae but I'm actually trying to help, I thought anyone could come and critique but if that's not the case my apologies. The reason I critique Hiryu was because maemaemae hasn't gotten to him yet, but my bad really. I don't wanna start drama, I just wanted to critique a piece. Is he not just another member? Is he above the rest of us, that just because he's a horrible member I can't critique his work without being lectured for it? Not trying to start, I'll stop talking about him, and with him. I just think that just because he's a dick we have to be "punished" for talking to him. I've been here for quite some time, everyone deserves some comment on their art, no matter how big of an asshole he is.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 14:22:35 Reply

At 11/11/12 01:51 PM, Mabelma wrote: Is he not just another member? Is he above the rest of us, that just because he's a horrible member I can't critique his work without being lectured for it? Not trying to start, I'll stop talking about him, and with him. I just think that just because he's a dick we have to be "punished" for talking to him. I've been here for quite some time, everyone deserves some comment on their art, no matter how big of an asshole he is.

In what way were you being lectured or punished? I said... 'you know where his thread is, go post there.'

...and as someone that's 'been here for quite some time' it's incredibly disappointing to see you attempting to play a victim while simultaneously insulting and name calling another user. Not only is it immature, but it pretty much invalidates your claims of 'not trying to start' and 'just trying to help.'

Can we PLEASE stop beating a dead horse now?!

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 14:24:09 Reply

This thread should a be a one shot/shut up and post thread. Please feel free to review this piece, I'll PM you later with your points.

I want to critique your art.

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 14:31:06 Reply

At 11/11/12 02:24 PM, Absinthe wrote: This thread should a be a one shot/shut up and post thread.

Agreed!! As of this second it is. Discussion for clarification WITH OP ONLY.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 15:01:52 Reply

At 11/11/12 02:31 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 11/11/12 02:24 PM, Absinthe wrote: This thread should a be a one shot/shut up and post thread.
Agreed!! As of this second it is. Discussion for clarification WITH OP ONLY.

...also...

LIMIT ONE IMAGE AT A TIME! If you make edits to it... too bad. Then you shouldn't have posted it yet.
@Lucky ...like I said, Hiryu has his own thread, please post your critiques there. Thanks! ;)

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 16:08:03 Reply

...also...

LIMIT ONE IMAGE AT A TIME! If you make edits to it... too bad. Then you shouldn't have posted it yet.
@Lucky ...like I said, Hiryu has his own thread, please post your critiques there. Thanks! ;)

Stop erasing my posts!

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-11 16:15:15 Reply

At 11/11/12 04:08 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: Stop erasing my posts!

Two things:
- Nae said only one pic is open for critique at a time. It's your fault for not following the thread.
- You've got your own art thread. Flood that with your stuff. This thread is NOT going to be "My Art Thread Redo #2"

BBS Signature
Shayl
Shayl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to I want to critique your art. 2012-11-12 00:46:28 Reply

Hey maemaemae (and everyone else),

I worked on the head a little bit for my gargoyle, trying to position it better since it was facing a weir directon. What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/lpsLm.jpg