New Topic Respond to this Topic
LuisFregoso
LuisFregoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 8th, 2012 @ 11:32 AM Reply

Hello NG, I finally finally got some cash to buy CS6 Collection, and finally im using Flash CS6, i was using CS3 and I heard about the bone tool in CS5 , apparently it makes easier to animate, i want to ask if you guys use this tool or animate the old fashion way, cuz i want to try with this tool and see the difference

thanks

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 8th, 2012 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 11/8/12 11:32 AM, LuisFregoso wrote: Hello NG, I finally finally got some cash to buy CS6 Collection, and finally im using Flash CS6, i was using CS3 and I heard about the bone tool in CS5 , apparently it makes easier to animate, i want to ask if you guys use this tool or animate the old fashion way, cuz i want to try with this tool and see the difference

thanks

I suppose it's a matter of preference. I played around with it a bit and it does make some things easier ...once you get it all rigged... which probably ends up taking just as much time as if you'd used some other method. I can see it paying off if it's a character or whatever that you're going to be reusing a lot.

I just watched a bunch of video tutorials (on adobe's site and youtube) ...then messed around with it to make this. I can upload the file if you (or anyone else) want to play around with it ...and if you have questions or anything, I can try to help/explain... or we can figure it out together!! ;D

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 8th, 2012 @ 12:57 PM Reply

it's rigging, something all the other animation programs had except flash. so they added it, and most people don't like it.

for a basic BASIC way to use it you can look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9n_1q9JFsQ

i've only used it once, and it was to easily animate a 60 link chain. works well but you gotta do a lot of post editing to get it t look right in the end

good luck!

LuisFregoso
LuisFregoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 8th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM Reply

oh ok, well thanks both for your opinions :)

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 8th, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 11/8/12 02:44 PM, LuisFregoso wrote: oh ok, well thanks both for your opinions :)

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1352401507

that was my first, and so far LAST attempt at rigging a full character

th1rt3en
th1rt3en
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 8th, 2012 @ 07:41 PM Reply

I wouldn't bother with the bone tool for character animation. Keep it for simpler characters that are designed to have rigid joints.

I've only needed it for a robotic character that's just a ball on the end of a bunch of ball-and-socket joints. it works well for that, but even then I only use it for select shots. It's much better to keep limbs separate, even it is more tedious to animate for tweening.

Max-Vador
Max-Vador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 9th, 2012 @ 09:25 AM Reply

At 11/8/12 07:41 PM, th1rt3en wrote: I wouldn't bother with the bone tool for character animation. Keep it for simpler characters that are designed to have rigid joints.

I've only needed it for a robotic character that's just a ball on the end of a bunch of ball-and-socket joints. it works well for that, but even then I only use it for select shots. It's much better to keep limbs separate, even it is more tedious to animate for tweening.

you can get pretty organic with the bounce and spring features, but it's so tedious to go back through each movement that it doesn't become worth it.
you can also make some nice cloth effects with the bone tool, i just don't recommend for character rigging

Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 12:37 AM Reply

At 11/8/12 12:41 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
I just watched a bunch of video tutorials (on adobe's site and youtube) ...then messed around with it to make this.

Bone Tool
Makes a skeleton

Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpeg

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 04:23 AM Reply

At 11/10/12 12:37 AM, Adam-Beilgard wrote:
At 11/8/12 12:41 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
I just watched a bunch of video tutorials (on adobe's site and youtube) ...then messed around with it to make this.
Bone Tool
Makes a skeleton

Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpeg

I was trying to make something to add to the Halloween collab, but yeah... what you said too! lol

And in case you didn't see it yet... I just posted up a little Bone Tool Challenge for anyone interested!

RicePirate
RicePirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Animator
Response to Flash Cs6 And Bone Tool Question Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 11:28 AM Reply

I gotta bone tool.

Honestly what's wrong with some anchor points and a knowledge of Flash's rotation rules?

BBS Signature