Be a Supporter!

Four more years of taxing business

  • 4,924 Views
  • 156 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mfan
Mfan
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:34:03 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:27 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
Ok, enough of the completely false and misleading Republican talking points.

a new record , a thread on politics made it to the third page before the conspiracy theories started


Republican

Mfan
Mfan
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:36:10 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:33 PM, Osyris wrote:
oh so just because there poor, they're lazy fuckers

highest unemployment rate is among the poor , and so is the highest welfare and food stamp rate


Republican

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:37:14 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:29 PM, Mfan wrote: define "affordable healthcare", because the middle class working american doesn't appreciate having to pay a tax to flip another person's medical care bill, just because that person never made anything of themselves in life, or even tried

Sure. I'm awfully sure the middle class would love to not have to worry about going bankrupt due to medical costs if it meant their taxes would go up a little bit. but hey! What do I know? Maybe the middle class actually loves skyrocketing medical costs due to privatization.

bush's tax cuts are what slowed our nations debt
but we were in the middle of a war at the time
so , tax cuts did little to slow our debt

I'll just leave this there for you to look at for a while, and then maybe you can tell me what's wrong here.

financial regulation would mean leashing our capitalist market , which is the best and biggest in the world of it's kind , choking our market to death is the last thing we need

Oh my god.

and no single person was directly responsible for the market's crash, how can you prosecute when you have no proof , and what court would hear the case ?

Hi. Hello.


BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:38:03 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:29 PM, Mfan wrote: define "affordable healthcare", because the middle class working american doesn't appreciate having to pay a tax to flip another person's medical care bill, just because that person never made anything of themselves in life, or even tried

If you think the 1% is where they are because they "made something of themselves" and not because of preexisting connections, family wealth, or being at the right place at the right time, you're flat out deluded.

The regular middle class worker already pays a good amount of taxes, in the form of property taxes, payroll taxes, medicare taxes, FICA, and sales taxes. If you think they don't pay anything, again, you're deluded.

bush's tax cuts are what slowed our nations debt , but we were in the middle of a war at the time so , tax cuts did little to slow our debt

Hold the phone. You're trying to say a MASSIVE reduction of revenue slowed the increase of debt? If what crazy math world does that make sense?

financial regulation would mean leashing our capitalist market , which is the best and biggest in the world of it's kind , choking our market to death is the last thing we need

The market did a good job of going a bit too far with its auto-erotic asphyxia in the past decade. Not massive regulations needed there.

and no single person was directly responsible for the market's crash, how can you prosecute when you have no proof , and what court would hear the case ?

Then why is the Right blaming Obama for the current recession?

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:40:38 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:38 PM, Camarohusky wrote: Then why is the Right blaming Obama for the current recession?

Because he's not a Republican.


BBS Signature
yinyangman
yinyangman
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:43:10 Reply

At 11/7/12 03:23 PM, JMHX wrote:
At 11/7/12 03:21 PM, jimbobmuffincake wrote: Camarohusky:

How would you know that considering Obama isn't nearly into his next four years yet? Don't assume
Yes Jimbob, assuming is bad.

He's not assuming, he's telling the truth.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:49:54 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:29 PM, Mfan wrote: just because that person never made anything of themselves in life, or even tried

It's impossible for everyone in society to be successful with effort alone. How could you possibly believe otherwise? How can the right spout the "everybody can be wealthy in America if they try" bullshit and at the same time claim to have the better understanding of economics? Health care can be extremely expensive. It's also important to note that you can't afford health care, you're not the only person fucked. All of you dependents are fucked. The fact is that there are many people out there that are completely helpless, that haven't yet even had an opportunity to make something of themselves. Poverty may be a choice sometimes but not for the vast majority.

Mfan
Mfan
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:50:27 Reply

lets not get off of subject, why would obama swear up and down to rise taxes on corporations (and the wealthy) , knowing it's what the mass majority of his followers would want to hear, only to lower corporate tax rates in order to appease that very same demographic ?

from what my understanding is, the dem supporters here are in favor of lowering corp tax rates..and raising them too ?


Republican

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:54:09 Reply

At 11/7/12 06:40 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: The unwitting ironic nature of your statement is a bit humiliating and humbling to me.

It should be because you're already paying for someone else's healthcare. In fact, you're paying more than anyone else in the world. The United States pays the highest health care taxes in the world, even compared to countries with full UHC. be honest, it's not about you not wanting to pay more taxes. You'd pay more taxes if it were to pay for something you supported. You're just a greedy asshole who doesn't give a shit about anyone but yourself.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:57:36 Reply

At 11/7/12 06:37 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
So what about disability payments I guess people with legit disabilities are not worth the basics such as food, clothing, shelter, love, Internet and a pat on the back for not being a POS on society ?

FMLA and disability is a completely different issue, as it is something out of their control.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 20:59:40 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:40 PM, Feoric wrote:
Because he's not a Republican.

It has more to do with him continuing the same policies that got us into the recession.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:00:19 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:57 PM, LemonCrush wrote: FMLA and disability is a completely different issue, as it is something out of their control.

Neither are illnesses or accidents.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:01:14 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:33 PM, Osyris wrote:
just because that person never made anything of themselves in life, or even tried
oh so just because there poor, they're lazy fuckers

Actually, the poor are poor because the government is interfering and preventive them from finding gainful employment by raising taxes on employers.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:02:54 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:00 PM, Feoric wrote: Neither are illnesses or accidents.

Exactly. Which is why you get YOUR OWN DAMN INSURANCE.

Again, back to leftist greed. "Sorry everyone else, MY welfare is more important than yours".

Mfan
Mfan
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:04:19 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:01 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
Actually, the poor are poor because the government is interfering and preventive them from finding gainful employment by raising taxes on employers.

exactly , and more of our jobs are shipped over sea's to fairer nations with lower tax for corporations


Republican

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:09:02 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:02 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Exactly. Which is why you get YOUR OWN DAMN INSURANCE.

You lazy fucking liberals unable to afford those rising insurance premiums! Get a third job and remortgage your house you lazy bum!

Again, back to leftist greed. "Sorry everyone else, MY welfare is more important than yours".

Why won't someone think of the struggling millionaires!!!

At 11/7/12 09:04 PM, Mfan wrote: exactly , and more of our jobs are shipped over sea's to fairer nations with lower tax for corporations

lmao. Ah, yes. The fairness of China with it's sweatshops and highly polluted rivers and air. Ahhh.


BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:11:00 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:59 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
It has more to do with him continuing the same policies that got us into the recession.

The US has been in a recession for years and years it's called Inflation and that's all they can do is inflate the economy to the point of making the whole nation a joke that has no hope in hell of ever getting out of the red. Plus add to the fact that over 70% of Jobs in the US are in the service sector because all the actual production jobs have been farmed out to other countries leaves no hope for a prosperous future based on production of tangible material goods for the US. In short USA is a Country of consumers not producers like China where in lye's Americas fundamental flaw that will put them in check mate at some point after the Inflation stops and the masses realize how stupid this dog and pony show is.


BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:20:16 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:54 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 11/7/12 06:40 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: The unwitting ironic nature of your statement is a bit humiliating and humbling to me.
It should be because you're already paying for someone else's healthcare.

For some reason I quoted you instead of lemoncrush, so this isn't directed at you.


BBS Signature
Saen
Saen
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Reader
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:21:08 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:04 PM, Mfan wrote:
At 11/7/12 09:01 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
Actually, the poor are poor because the government is interfering and preventive them from finding gainful employment by raising taxes on employers.
exactly , and more of our jobs are shipped over sea's to fairer nations with lower tax for corporations

Reeeeed meat, you think the government taxes are forcing jobs over seas? Give me a break. How about incomprehensibly cheap Chinese labor, deflated currency, cheaper/unsafe/illegal product composition, a monopoly of the global trade and manufacturing market.

Corporations all over the world love this shit, they aren't the ones getting shafted here.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:28:27 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:09 PM, Feoric wrote:
You lazy fucking liberals unable to afford those rising insurance premiums! Get a third job and remortgage your house you lazy bum!

The liberals keep voting for raises in premiums! They keep voting for more and more government involvement.

Why won't someone think of the struggling millionaires!!!

Millionaires!? Bitch, I'm talking about myself! I'm talking about middle (or lower) class americans who are struggling to even FUCKING EAT. You're telling me it's okay, for government to burden their employer with taxes and/or forcing them to purchase something? You do realize the money that I have will have to pay for insurance (that I don't even want) could be going to pay my car, my rent, my food, gas, etc right?

A large number of middle class americans are living PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK. There is no room in their budget for another bill or tax.

You think Republicans are greedy? Last I checked, Romney wasn't the one saying "hey, I know you're going through financial hardship. Here's another bill you're FORCED to pay under threat of financial penalty". No, no, sir. That was the guy with the communist father. That was the guy who lies for a living. That was the guy who's never earned, owned or built a business.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:33:39 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:28 PM, LemonCrush wrote: The liberals keep voting for raises in premiums! They keep voting for more and more government involvement.

The premiums were only raised because th insurance comanies know that most Americans are stupid enough to think they should raise. Capitalism at its finest.

Millionaires!? Bitch, I'm talking about myself! I'm talking about middle (or lower) class americans who are struggling to even FUCKING EAT. You're telling me it's okay, for government to burden their employer with taxes and/or forcing them to purchase something? You do realize the money that I have will have to pay for insurance (that I don't even want) could be going to pay my car, my rent, my food, gas, etc right?

And the money I would be paying to healthcare costs without government assistance would be that same very money that keeps me in a house.

You're lack of want for insurance right now, because you're healthy, is only going to raise my premiums when you're sick and get insurance. Get it?

A large number of middle class americans are living PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK. There is no room in their budget for another bill or tax.

That means they especiialy don;t have the money to pay for even minor health issues (such as a nagging toothache that would become an absess without a simple appointment). Get it?

You think Republicans are greedy? Last I checked, Romney wasn't the one saying "hey, I know you're going through financial hardship. Here's another bill you're FORCED to pay under threat of financial penalty". No, no, sir. That was the guy with the communist father. That was the guy who lies for a living. That was the guy who's never earned, owned or built a business.

No, Romney was the one who wanted to gut Medicare in order to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:34:01 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:28 PM, LemonCrush wrote: That was the guy with the communist father.

lol. I think you'd do better over here.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:42:32 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:33 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
The premiums were only raised because th insurance comanies know that most Americans are stupid enough to think they should raise. Capitalism at its finest.

No, the premiums are only raised because the goverment destroys the competetiveness of the market. Anti-capitlaism.

And the money I would be paying to healthcare costs without government assistance would be that same very money that keeps me in a house.

So, again, fuck my car payment, fuck my bills, as long as YOU'RE okay, it's all good?

You're lack of want for insurance right now, because you're healthy, is only going to raise my premiums when you're sick and get insurance. Get it?

So again, I should be forced to pay for somethng I can't afford as is?

That means they especiialy don;t have the money to pay for even minor health issues (such as a nagging toothache that would become an absess without a simple appointment). Get it?

Exactly. So in your world, the obvious solution, is to make me pay for something I can't afford?

No, Romney was the one who wanted to gut Medicare in order to pay for tax cuts for the wealthy.

No he didn't. Romney stated SEVERAL times, that he was going to leave taxes on wealthy untouched, and focus more on tax cuts for middle class and small business. Obama is the one who took almost a billion dollars from Medicare

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-07 21:56:49 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:42 PM, LemonCrush wrote: No, the premiums are only raised because the goverment destroys the competetiveness of the market. Anti-capitlaism.

Jesus christ. Health insurance is one of the least competitive markets ever. Healthcare and insurance markets are inefficient, unfair, and monopolistic.

And the money I would be paying to healthcare costs without government assistance would be that same very money that keeps me in a house.
So, again, fuck my car payment, fuck my bills, as long as YOU'RE okay, it's all good?

You're already paying more tax dollars for other people's healthcare than anyone else in the whole fucking world. You would be paying less with government run healthcare.


BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-08 00:09:41 Reply

At 11/7/12 09:56 PM, Feoric wrote:
Jesus christ. Health insurance is one of the least competitive markets ever. Healthcare and insurance markets are inefficient, unfair, and monopolistic.

I know, that's exactly my point.

You're already paying more tax dollars for other people's healthcare than anyone else in the whole fucking world. You would be paying less with government run healthcare.

Right, and that's a-okay with democrats that I'll have less money to spend on food and other necessities. I get it.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-08 00:24:42 Reply

At 11/8/12 12:09 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Right, and that's a-okay with democrats that I'll have less money to spend on food and other necessities. I get it.

In other words you want us to pay for you but you're unwilling to return the favor?

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-08 00:31:18 Reply

At 11/8/12 12:24 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/8/12 12:09 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Right, and that's a-okay with democrats that I'll have less money to spend on food and other necessities. I get it.
In other words you want us to pay for you but you're unwilling to return the favor?

Rich people are unwilling to return the favour as you put it so why should us poor people ?


BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-08 01:01:22 Reply

At 11/7/12 03:21 PM, jimbobmuffincake wrote: Camarohusky:

How would you know that considering Obama isn't nearly into his next four years yet? Don't assume

Yeah Cam! How dare you make wild ass predictions and assumptions like that! Oh wait right...because that's exactly what this guy (who's probably a troll account to boot) did!


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-08 01:05:14 Reply

At 11/8/12 12:09 AM, LemonCrush wrote: I know, that's exactly my point.

No, it isn't, and you obviously didn't read those articles. Your point is that it's due to government interference. All the evidence in the world could tell you that it's actually due to privatization and you still wouldn't get it.


BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Four more years of taxing business 2012-11-08 05:37:00 Reply

At 11/7/12 08:34 PM, Mfan wrote:
At 11/7/12 08:27 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
Ok, enough of the completely false and misleading Republican talking points.
a new record , a thread on politics made it to the third page before the conspiracy theories started

LOL way to try to condense my argument into a straw man, but you failed. Unfortunately, some things aren't a conspiracy, they just aren't true. You just can't address a real argument, so you hide from it. Shameful. But that's the way of your whole party, and it's dying. Sorry. RIP GOP

Raising taxes on businesses causes higher employment because business is a tax shelter. Lowering taxes only empowers the rich to take more money out of the business economy.

There. That's how you condense an argument.


no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature