Pitfall
Pitfall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
I Need A Singer For Pitfall! 2012-11-05 22:55:57 Reply

Hey all you wonderful people out there!

I decided that my music was missing something... And then I thought, "Hey! What about some lyrics?"

So, I'm asking anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who thinks (or knows, I guess) that they have a good singing voice (that would go well with music) to please notify me through private message here at Newgrounds.

Please note that if you are interested and decide to PM me that I MUST have some kind of display of your talents such as a link to a sample of you singing on Newgrounds or anywhere else or maybe an audio file that you could send via email if necessary.

Thanks a bunch again guys!
-Pitfall

I Need A Singer For Pitfall!

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to I Need A Singer For Pitfall! 2012-11-06 05:29:00 Reply

You forgot to saw which genre of music... ^^
My voice is quite versatile but I lack a good enough mic for more realistic genres (anything with guitar for example). You can get away with using a cheap mic in electronica music.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
Pitfall
Pitfall
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to I Need A Singer For Pitfall! 2012-11-06 16:30:54 Reply

At 11/5/12 10:55 PM, whendoyouspeak wrote: Hey all you wonderful people out there!

I decided that my music was missing something... And then I thought, "Hey! What about some lyrics?"

So, I'm asking anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who thinks (or knows, I guess) that they have a good singing voice (that would go well with music) to please notify me through private message here at Newgrounds.

Please note that if you are interested and decide to PM me that I MUST have some kind of display of your talents such as a link to a sample of you singing on Newgrounds or anywhere else or maybe an audio file that you could send via email if necessary.

Thanks a bunch again guys!
-Pitfall

Yeah oops sorry it is most any genre of electronic music, usually some kind of chiptune or techno but I'm very widespread and do a lot of experimental stuff.

Female singers are very welcome as well, btw! :)

Merpy
Merpy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to I Need A Singer For Pitfall! 2012-11-08 17:28:44 Reply

I'm just saying you don't need a GOOD singer you could do the vocals your self and change the it.
Like in fl studio there's something called newtone or autotune (idk i forgot) but a bunch of programs have
voice editing options
also if your making music and you need lyrics
send me the instrumental song and i MIGHT be able to help you

Here's a tutorial on how to change correct your vocals (it's not my tutorial)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlqDDrm6gyE&feature=g-user-u

I make techno music :3
SoundCloud

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to I Need A Singer For Pitfall! 2012-11-08 20:10:11 Reply

At 11/8/12 05:28 PM, Merpy wrote: Like in fl studio there's something called newtone or autotune (idk i forgot) but a bunch of programs have

Yes you're talking about autotune. Melodyne is possibly the best software for that on the market today.
The problem is that autotune becomes obvious almost immediately if you tune more than a semitone (and that's with the best software, the free ones are apparent almost instantly).
You're better off using autotune just to reinforce the singing rather than correcting it, unless you intentionally want that autotuned sound.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to I Need A Singer For Pitfall! 2012-11-08 22:58:40 Reply

At 11/8/12 08:10 PM, MetalRenard wrote:
You're better off using autotune just to reinforce the singing rather than correcting it, unless you intentionally want that autotuned sound.

Autotune...can be rad if used wisely, in an intentional fashion. Would probably work best with chiptune or digital techno stuff too.
If you find a good female singer, let EVERYBODY know. There is only 848759034092340.09 people looking for one. haha

BBS Signature
Adam-Beilgard
Adam-Beilgard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Musician
Response to I Need A Singer For Pitfall! 2012-11-10 00:40:59 Reply

At 11/8/12 10:58 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:
If you find a good female singer, let EVERYBODY know. There is only 848759034092340.09 people looking for one. haha

Who is the .09?

...the four right chords can make me cry
Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature