Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-04 20:24:06 Reply

At 1/2/13 08:07 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote:
At 1/1/13 06:47 PM, Bryan wrote: Nope. These are some pretty good points as to why, but not all.
Those points are terrible, and most also apply to previous games as well.

Damn, I should make my own video on this, but unfortunately I don't have a capture card, or a decent mic. I just really haven't been having fun with this game.

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-04 23:19:09 Reply

I just got this recently. I heard it was turned into CoD, but holy shit I wasn't expecting it to be like this. They've fundamentally changed multiplayer into Call of Halo: Space Warfare. This is very disappointing.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-05 12:29:45 Reply

At 1/5/13 02:26 AM, MonthlyVolatile wrote: Stop getting so butthurt, rightwinggamer. I'm actually becoming concerned for you at this point.

I think you misunderstood what he said, he was saying that it's stupid to call Halo a CoD clone.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-05 13:11:28 Reply

At 1/5/13 12:29 PM, dogpup4 wrote:
At 1/5/13 02:26 AM, MonthlyVolatile wrote: Stop getting so butthurt, rightwinggamer. I'm actually becoming concerned for you at this point.
I think you misunderstood what he said, he was saying that it's stupid to call Halo a CoD clone.

I never said halo was a CoD clone, what I meant was that they made the multiplayer unnecessarily like CoD. Halo multiplayer stood out before, now it's adapted to the CoD system, making it horribly unbalanced compared to before.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-07 07:01:20 Reply

At 1/5/13 11:03 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
However, I found the ghost to be overpowered beyond any semblance of reason. I'd say about 9/10ths of my deaths in that match were from one of those buggers ramming me from out of thin air. Maybe I just got unlucky, but that's still not a good experience for your first match.

Carry a plasma pistol with you and take those damn things out. Whenever you EMP them they have no chance at all of survival. But yes, jumping over them whenever they are flying towards you is trickier than it should be given how common they are.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-07 11:39:55 Reply

jumping over them whenever they are flying towards you is trickier than it should be given how common they are.

This is where you have to be outside of cover in order to be vulnerable to a ghost splatter, and while you're out of cover you're essentially a free kill to anyone who gets the drop on you, vehicle or not.

I know you have to move from cover eventually but when there's a ghost around it might be more useful to get it's attention from behind cover and then draw it in to go for the plasma pistol kill. If you do get randomly splattered by a ghost in the open it should feel no different to getting shot 5 times in the back and dying in the open anyway.

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-08 16:11:20 Reply

I don't like the fact that the guns aren't balanced. You have a fast DMR ,a strong ass battle rifle, a camping boltshot, and a overanged lightrifle, come on! They need to have some balance, but some of the small things are what really annoy me. Just ignore these if you want, they're not really important, it's a pet habit of mine to complain over the small things that don't affect gameplay. Is it me or does the red team color look pink? Also the ordnance drops really bother, i don't mind them, but when you get an incineration cannon then it's camp, camp, camp. And this just gets me so pissed off! NO GRIFFBALL!

*Kicks your bedroom door open at 4:20am*
*karate chops your TV*
"Dude, it was just a prank. Come on"

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-08 18:47:57 Reply

I got Halo 4 for christmas, I like the campaign so far (Playing it on Heroic), but what sucks is that in order to play multiplayer, you have to friggin get a Xbox Hard Drive, which I didn't get yet, so I'm kinda pissed that I can't play multiplayer >:(

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-08 19:30:40 Reply

At 1/8/13 06:47 PM, scoutthesoldier wrote: I got Halo 4 for christmas, I like the campaign so far (Playing it on Heroic), but what sucks is that in order to play multiplayer, you have to friggin get a Xbox Hard Drive, which I didn't get yet, so I'm kinda pissed that I can't play multiplayer >:(

You can get an external hard drive, but that will eventually get somewhat annoying. It's also annoying that you need xbox live gold in order to play spartan ops, and it's mediocre at best. Cutscenes are excellent however.

Oh and the new crimson map pack is...well it's derp. They all feel a little too familiar for me. I personally wanted more close quarter maps like...Haven or Adrift instead of maps like Complex.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-09 21:14:25 Reply

At 1/8/13 07:30 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: You can get an external hard drive, but that will eventually get somewhat annoying. It's also annoying that you need xbox live gold in order to play spartan ops, and it's mediocre at best. Cutscenes are excellent however.

Oh and the new crimson map pack is...well it's derp. They all feel a little too familiar for me. I personally wanted more close quarter maps like...Haven or Adrift instead of maps like Complex.

I know you can get an external hard drive and Halo 4 comes with a 14-day Xbox Live Gold Trial.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-26 16:25:24 Reply

So what is the best way to level up? I had this game this launch day yet i'm only 47. No I don't suck, on average I get 20 kills and 6 deaths. Is it my kill-death ratio?

*karate chops your TV*

BBS Signature
dethawk
dethawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-26 16:31:35 Reply

At 1/26/13 04:25 PM, darkjam wrote: So what is the best way to level up? I had this game this launch day yet i'm only 47. No I don't suck, on average I get 20 kills and 6 deaths. Is it my kill-death ratio?

how much game time do you have? How many games have you played?

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-01-26 17:50:22 Reply

At 1/26/13 04:25 PM, darkjam wrote: So what is the best way to level up? I had this game this launch day yet i'm only 47. No I don't suck, on average I get 20 kills and 6 deaths. Is it my kill-death ratio?

Just play through the game. Playing a gametype that you are good at is the fastest way to level up. For me I leveled up like crazy whenever I played King of the Hill. Honestly, 80% of your EXP will just come from finishing matches.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-04 13:24:37 Reply

Just play through the game. Playing a gametype that you are good at is the fastest way to level up. For me I leveled up like crazy whenever I played King of the Hill. Honestly, 80% of your EXP will just come from finishing matches.

I tried that. It is working wonders right now, just capturing flags non stop. Oh yeah, GRIFBALL IS OUT!

*karate chops your TV*

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-04 14:21:06 Reply

Did anyone else find the whole master chief obviously being in love with his future Iphone a bit creepy? It' kinda weirded me out through the whole story...

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-04 15:54:34 Reply

At 2/4/13 02:21 PM, 372 wrote: Did anyone else find the whole master chief obviously being in love with his future Iphone a bit creepy? It' kinda weirded me out through the whole story...

Yeah. It wasn't obvious but you can tell he had feelings for Samsung's future phone. Also the game doesn't give me that "Halo" feel like the original trilogy did. Maybe it's the music, I say 5 and 6 should have Micheal back with the music. Halo 4 has good music but is crap compared to the original.

*karate chops your TV*

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-05 19:37:00 Reply

At 2/4/13 03:54 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 2/4/13 02:21 PM, 372 wrote: Did anyone else find the whole master chief obviously being in love with his future Iphone a bit creepy? It' kinda weirded me out through the whole story...
Yeah. It wasn't obvious but you can tell he had feelings for Samsung's future phone. Also the game doesn't give me that "Halo" feel like the original trilogy did. Maybe it's the music, I say 5 and 6 should have Micheal back with the music. Halo 4 has good music but is crap compared to the original.

I agree, the music was less epic. Idk though like master chief used to be a bad ass too me, now he's just a creep who's in love with his Iphone

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-05 19:58:24 Reply

At 2/5/13 07:53 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
Human/Android slash fiction was the least of the story's problems. IMO, even Uncharted 3's story wasn't as terrible as Halo 4's was.

NBC CONFIRMS, MASTER CHIEF WANTS TO FUCK HIS IPHONE.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-15 01:59:03 Reply

The new forge maps they added are complete SHIT
Honestly I love these games but all these maps suck.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-15 02:21:22 Reply

At 2/15/13 01:59 AM, 372 wrote: The new forge maps they added are complete SHIT
Honestly I love these games but all these maps suck.

Have you seen impact? It's bigger than forge world, is in space where you have a fuckton of room, and added a shit ton of things you can put, and even added new functions.

Halo 3 has always been my favorite halo, and due to nostalgia, will probably always be my favorite, but it's forge was total and absolute shit compared to Reach and 4's forge.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-15 02:57:27 Reply

At 2/15/13 02:21 AM, Xenomit wrote:
Halo 3 has always been my favorite halo, and due to nostalgia, will probably always be my favorite, but it's forge was total and absolute shit compared to Reach and 4's forge.

I meant the forge-made maps they added to multiplayer, as for forge itself yeah I agree completely.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-15 12:46:54 Reply

I just realized something. Nearly nobody tea bags any more. Why not? I still do!

*karate chops your TV*

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-16 21:14:01 Reply

At 2/15/13 12:46 PM, darkjam wrote: I just realized something. Nearly nobody tea bags any more. Why not? I still do!

A big wave of new age gamers. A lot of the old school guys who've been gaming since forever are driven away from games that you can tea bag in because of some stupid reasons or something, and most of the new gamers don't even know what tea bagging is. Not to mention xbox 360 caters to people of all ages, so you end up with a lot of older and more mature people playing.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
JCFfilms
JCFfilms
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Filmmaker
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-17 08:54:19 Reply

I will just leave this here.

Halo 4: Discussion Thread

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-17 14:33:55 Reply

A big wave of new age gamers. A lot of the old school guys who've been gaming since forever are driven away from games that you can tea bag in because of some stupid reasons or something, and most of the new gamers don't even know what tea bagging is. Not to mention xbox 360 caters to people of all ages, so you end up with a lot of older and more mature people playing.

True though, I've only met three tea baggers. Last night when I did it some kid asked me what I'm doing. If only the veteran players would give Halo 4 a chance and not call it shit.

*karate chops your TV*

BBS Signature
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-17 17:16:23 Reply

At 2/17/13 02:33 PM, darkjam wrote:
True though, I've only met three tea baggers. Last night when I did it some kid asked me what I'm doing. If only the veteran players would give Halo 4 a chance and not call it shit.

...if you really want to be in a game where people teabag, how about you call up some friends and play with them?

I'm delighted to hear that teabagging's become scarce.

I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-17 17:19:16 Reply

Ah Newgrounds. I can edit my signature and I can't edit my post.

That post came out wrong.

I was going to say "If you're part of the 'old gaming crowd' who enjoy/rifle in teabagging, then find some of the older crowd who have the game and play with them, since this newer Halo 4 crowd apparently aren't interested. I would find it strange that most of the "older Halo fans" went cold turkey with Halo 4.

I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-19 10:19:02 Reply

I was going to say "If you're part of the 'old gaming crowd' who enjoy/rifle in teabagging, then find some of the older crowd who have the game and play with them, since this newer Halo 4 crowd apparently aren't interested. I would find it strange that most of the "older Halo fans" went cold turkey with Halo 4.

Yeah I do play with my friends, they tea bag. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, however it's sort of become a tradition, somebody on halo 3 once called a rite of passage to me. Still, it's too bad most veteran players are just sticking with the original 3 and reach, do they even know that 343 was made from most people who left Bungie to continue the Halo series with their own company?

*karate chops your TV*

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-20 14:21:10 Reply

So what's the best way to kill the Prometheans and Elite's? I'm trying to beat the game on Legendary, It's pretty fuckign tough, I'm only on Forerunner.

*karate chops your TV*

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Halo 4: Discussion Thread 2013-02-21 06:15:30 Reply

Dafuq is this new update for?