Be a Supporter!

Just a Monday Collaboration

  • 15,954 Views
  • 575 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 26th, 2012 @ 01:31 AM Reply

At 11/26/12 12:46 AM, digsBot wrote: Is there room for one more animator?

Yep, as far as I'm aware it's a more the merrier situation, as long as they're good it's all ok.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 26th, 2012 @ 07:06 AM Reply

At 11/26/12 12:46 AM, digsBot wrote: This is gonna be awesome.

Is there room for one more animator?

There is always room :D
Especially for you Digs! Miss watching your animations can't wait too see what you make for this :)


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 26th, 2012 @ 09:59 AM Reply

Thought I;d post this xD I decided to try my hand at something instead of a window, but this is fine with me :P

Also colored everything... obviously.

Just a Monday Collaboration


BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 26th, 2012 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 11/26/12 09:59 AM, Riott wrote: Thought I;d post this xD I decided to try my hand at something instead of a window, but this is fine with me :P

Also colored everything... obviously.

Haha, I like the painting, its looking good bud.


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
Zeebra
Zeebra
  • Member since: Mar. 7, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 27th, 2012 @ 11:58 AM Reply

What is the deadline date for this project?


BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 27th, 2012 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 11/27/12 11:58 AM, zeebrafication wrote: What is the deadline date for this project?

From the opening post:
"This collaboration will be uploaded on January 15th granted there are enough finished parts."

Before that I guess.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 27th, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 11/27/12 12:57 PM, Decky wrote:
At 11/27/12 11:58 AM, zeebrafication wrote: What is the deadline date for this project?
From the opening post:
"This collaboration will be uploaded on January 15th granted there are enough finished parts."

Before that I guess.

Sad to say, I didn't even know when it was suppose to be due lol!

PotatoeMan, hows you're part coming along? You've got me stricken with curiosity!.


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 28th, 2012 @ 04:34 PM Reply

So Decky has finished getting the Voice Actor's Challenge together, Now its up to me for the animation. I'll get started on it after I finish Icognito Ep1 p1.

In the mean time look! BOOBS! I mean, this is what Ava is going to look like, minus the sexy shiny stuff in the series. Check out the Bouncing Boob Collab to see it animated.

Just a Monday Collaboration


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 28th, 2012 @ 05:15 PM Reply

At 11/27/12 03:29 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: PotatoeMan, hows you're part coming along? You've got me stricken with curiosity!.

Yeah I did a voice for that and haven't heard from him in a while. That being said I haven't messaged him, have you? Hopefully it's still getting done. There is still over a month left though.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 28th, 2012 @ 10:25 PM Reply

At 11/28/12 05:15 PM, Decky wrote:
At 11/27/12 03:29 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: PotatoeMan, hows you're part coming along? You've got me stricken with curiosity!.
Yeah I did a voice for that and haven't heard from him in a while. That being said I haven't messaged him, have you? Hopefully it's still getting done. There is still over a month left though.

Yeah there is a bit of time left, I think its good practice to have some updates going every once i a while in the thread though. Its usually how Collabs die out, whenever people don't actually participate in the thread itself. Thats why I've been posting a bunch. Trying to keep the thead alive. But I have faith.

How's Everybody's parts coming along?

Who exactly is still making parts for this collab?


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 08:52 AM Reply

At 11/28/12 10:25 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: Yeah there is a bit of time left, I think its good practice to have some updates going every once i a while in the thread though. Its usually how Collabs die out, whenever people don't actually participate in the thread itself.

I totally agree with you. I just meant that there is a pretty good chance that he is still making the part and has just been inactive on the forums doing it, if I remember right he only has a few posts. I also agree that keeping posts up is important to the collab as are updates. I was just sharing what little info I had about his part.
____________________________

As requested by Rekless I would also like to see a few more updates from people, anything. stills from the flash or even written confirmation that your still participating.

This obviously doesn't include people who have updated recently.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 04:00 AM Reply

Been working on my submission, slowly but surely I'm determined to finish it. I'm trying to step it up so I can get it done sooner. I'm off work tonight so I'm going to try and stay up as late as I can to work on it :P Anyway just thought I'd check in xD

Just a Monday Collaboration


BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 04:17 AM Reply

At 11/30/12 04:00 AM, Riott wrote: Been working on my submission, slowly but surely I'm determined to finish it. I'm trying to step it up so I can get it done sooner. I'm off work tonight so I'm going to try and stay up as late as I can to work on it :P Anyway just thought I'd check in xD

we are both in the same boat man, I'm working on my piece too!

I started listening to podcast while working. Pandora was getting repetitive.


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 04:37 AM Reply

At 11/28/12 04:34 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: In the mean time look! BOOBS! I mean, this is what Ava is going to look like, minus the sexy shiny stuff in the series. Check out the Bouncing Boob Collab to see it animated.

I might try and make something for the collab if I get the chance and if I can make something that doesn't look too crudely drawn xD

At 11/30/12 04:17 AM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
we are both in the same boat man, I'm working on my piece too!

Yea honestly I can't wait to finish this and move onto other things...though I'm trying not to rush it...


BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 05:14 AM Reply

At 11/30/12 04:37 AM, Riott wrote:
Yea honestly I can't wait to finish this and move onto other things...though I'm trying not to rush it...

haha yeah, I'm starting to go mental working on this flash lol! (Incognito) but yeah its turning out pretty well i think. Your part it looking good tho, looking forward to it!


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 09:39 AM Reply

So here's another little teaser, it's a rough cut the animation towards the end is not finished, obviously, but I doubt I can keep myself awake to do too much more tonight...maybe... xD but I have tommorow off too and I will probably give it another few hours at least. I'm really hoping I can finish this soon.

About the audio, when I'm all finished I'm going to make a final audio track in Sony Vegas. That's why I've left a lot of the audio out so far. Working with audio in flash sucks, there's not enough options... or maybe it's just me? :P

Anyway, HERE IT IS

Hope you guys like the progress!


BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 01:43 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 09:39 AM, Riott wrote:
Anyway, HERE IT IS

Hope you guys like the progress!

Haha, nice! looking good. Here are a few recommendations...

1 When he is walking down the hallway, its like a 10 second clip, I would add some sort of comedy to it, like have him run into the door frame at first, or like bump into the wall (showing that he is still tired)

2 When snoop holds up the bong, For some reason I feel like it should be just some crazy looking multichamber piece. I feel that would be funny, but its absolutely up to you.

Otherwise its looking good.

About the audio, what problems are you having with the audio?


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
RiverK
RiverK
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Voice Actor
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 03:21 PM Reply

Why does my voice sound like I rendered it in 28kbps?

ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 05:46 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 03:21 PM, RiverK wrote: Why does my voice sound like I rendered it in 28kbps?

its probably to do with this "Publishing Properties" and his properties in flash, Its something that we should be able to fix fairly easy.


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 07:36 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 01:43 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 11/30/12 09:39 AM, Riott wrote:

1 When he is walking down the hallway, its like a 10 second clip, I would add some sort of comedy to it, like have him run into the door frame at first, or like bump into the wall (showing that he is still tired)

Good idea :) I'll see what I can do.

At 11/30/12 01:43 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 11/30/12 09:39 AM, Riott wrote:
2 When snoop holds up the bong, For some reason I feel like it should be just some crazy looking multichamber piece. I feel that would be funny, but its absolutely up to you.

What do you mean? xD

At 11/30/12 01:43 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 11/30/12 09:39 AM, Riott wrote:
About the audio, what problems are you having with the audio?

I just have trouble with certain things like when the phone is ringing close I want it to be louder while it's away it's quieter, which I can't seem to figure out how to do in flash without rendering a bunch of seperate audio clips. Like I said, maybe it's just me :P

At 11/30/12 05:46 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 11/30/12 03:21 PM, RiverK wrote: Why does my voice sound like I rendered it in 28kbps?
its probably to do with this "Publishing Properties" and his properties in flash, Its something that we should be able to fix fairly easy.

Well I guess it must be that. You should explain that to me. I clipped them in FL Studio which is rendering them at 450kbps....but hell I don't really know sh*t about audio...xD


BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 08:05 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 07:36 PM, Riott wrote:
At 11/30/12 01:43 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 11/30/12 09:39 AM, Riott wrote:
2 When snoop holds up the bong, For some reason I feel like it should be just some crazy looking multichamber piece. I feel that would be funny, but its absolutely up to you.
What do you mean? xD

Just a simple visual joke, like you know what a crazy straw is right?

Well right now your bong is a normal bong, lets turn it into a crazy bong, like with loops and stuff. It would just be a silly visual joke, doesn't make a big difference over all.

Well I guess it must be that. You should explain that to me. I clipped them in FL Studio which is rendering them at 450kbps....but hell I don't really know sh*t about audio...xD

In flash first you will do this:

Go to your library, right click your audio clip, select properties.

A pop-up box will come up, where it says Compression: uncheck the box that says "Use imported MP3 Quality"

Change to: Bit Rate: 160Kbps
Quality: Best

Then choose "update" then "ok"

NEXT:

Click File > Publish Settings

Under the "Flash" Tab, you will see two things saying

Audio Stream ( will adjust quality of streamed audio )
Audio Event (adjust quality of event audio)

Set to the highest quality then at the top you will see a button to the left of the Plus sign. Click it and select "Export"

Name it then save.

Click "Publish" and now your sound quality should be a lot better.


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 08:27 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 08:05 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: Well right now your bong is a normal bong, lets turn it into a crazy bong, like with loops and stuff. It would just be a silly visual joke, doesn't make a big difference over all.

Like a zong? xD Yea I know what you mean but I've already done some animation and stuff with that design so I think I'm just gonna stuck with it.

Click "Publish" and now your sound quality should be a lot better.

I've done this to all of my audio, but is there a way to make flash do this automatically when you import audio?

@RiverK it was actually at 16 xD


BBS Signature
Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 08:05 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
Click "Publish" and now your sound quality should be a lot better.
I've done this to all of my audio, but is there a way to make flash do this automatically when you import audio?

Actually you mentioned that, I'm not high! xD

Would it be better for voice if it's mono or stereo?


BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 08:36 PM, Riott wrote:
At 11/30/12 08:05 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
Click "Publish" and now your sound quality should be a lot better.
I've done this to all of my audio, but is there a way to make flash do this automatically when you import audio?
Actually you mentioned that, I'm not high! xD

Would it be better for voice if it's mono or stereo?

If you can help it, don't convert it to Mono
This setting works best for me:

Just a Monday Collaboration


"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 09:01 PM, KaDoYuu wrote: If you can help it, don't convert it to Mono
This setting works best for me:

Yea I would figure stereo would be better in any case, though like I said I don't know much about audio... Anyway thanks for the advice :D


BBS Signature
nat29
nat29
  • Member since: Apr. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 11/30/12 09:01 PM, KaDoYuu wrote:
At 11/30/12 08:36 PM, Riott wrote:
At 11/30/12 08:05 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
Click "Publish" and now your sound quality should be a lot better.
I've done this to all of my audio, but is there a way to make flash do this automatically when you import audio?
Actually you mentioned that, I'm not high! xD

Would it be better for voice if it's mono or stereo?
If you can help it, don't convert it to Mono
This setting works best for me:

ADPCM is best because it keeps the audio in sync with the animation more. Helped for my 7-8 minute movie that I'm going to publish later hopefully.

Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 07:22 AM Reply

It's all coming together...

Just a Monday Collaboration


BBS Signature
SnowyBangers
SnowyBangers
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 07:25 AM Reply

just the background, i'm making a start!

Just a Monday Collaboration

ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Member since: Apr. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Dec. 1st, 2012 @ 02:47 PM Reply

Awesome, the screenshots are looking great guys! keep em' coming!


A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature
Eddie-John
Eddie-John
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:24 AM Reply

Sample

So yeah, no dialogue just pretty foley, light background elements and maybe some changes to composition. This is heaps rough, need to work out timing and put down some extremes properly.

Is the white background as in a white blank background?


Youtube | Tumblr | Website | Email | Hi I'm Eddie Oberbichler, I'm from Melbourne, Australia and I'm docobe on youtube... that's all.

BBS Signature