00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JSkell95 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Just a Monday Collaboration

32,916 Views | 548 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-21 20:54:58

At 11/21/12 08:29 PM, Riott wrote: So I've recently added some new characters to my submission... I've got ShockDingo to do one of the parts already, but now I need more. Any voice actors out there PM me if you want to help! I realize my script is totally ridiculous but hopefully it will turn out funny xD.

Also I was wondering, am I aloud to do some kind of beginning or ending credits or will that strictly be done for the whole thing?

Credits are unnecessary everyone is credited in the Project System. We are going to have author bios if you want to credit sound effects, music etc.. Uhm Maybe elaborate what you mean by credits if i'm missing the mark..

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-21 23:29:23

At 11/21/12 08:54 PM, Jomillex wrote:
At 11/21/12 08:29 PM, Riott wrote:
Credits are unnecessary everyone is credited in the Project System. We are going to have author bios if you want to credit sound effects, music etc.. Uhm Maybe elaborate what you mean by credits if i'm missing the mark..

Okay that works I just usually prefer to credit everyone like sound effects, ect.

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-22 05:10:53

At 11/21/12 11:29 PM, Riott wrote:
At 11/21/12 08:54 PM, Jomillex wrote:
At 11/21/12 08:29 PM, Riott wrote:
Okay that works I just usually prefer to credit everyone like sound effects, ect.

I'm assuming in the menu we'll have some sort of a accreditation for all of the sound effects used. I feel it is important with this collaboration to make sure we give fair credit to all of the great Voice actors/actress' that have helped us bring our parts to life. I think they should fit in along with all of the animators in the credits page.

Have a great Thanksgiving everybody! I hope to see some updates on everybody's parts. I'm especially excited to see how Riot's part is coming along.

PotatoMan, you have me in suspense to see what crazy thing you are cooking up too!

Jomillex, glad to see you've got some spare time for the next few days.

I'd like to issue a challenge to all of the Voice actors looking to be a part of this collab.

If the voice actors/actress' can get together and write a short scene for this Collab (30secs-1min) collaborating on the script writing and equally sharing characters. I will personally animate the piece for you guys, I will even let you design your characters if you'd like to.

So, Challenge Accepted?

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-22 06:22:54

At 11/22/12 05:10 AM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: I'm especially excited to see how Riot's part is coming along.

Working on it kind of sporadically. Haven't made any other characters yet, started one but than decided it wasn't what I was going for. Also I made some changes to the script as I mentioned before, still need people for the new lines. The script is pretty off the wall (I'll PM it to you if you want) but I think it should turn out pretty good xD. Luckily I still have a good amount of time until the deadline.

This is a shot I've been working on. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-22 06:45:52

At 11/22/12 05:10 AM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: So, Challenge Accepted?

I accept your challenge. I'm not much of an animator but I have been praised whilst in education for my writing so I'll see what I can come up with.Already got an idea for a newsroom on monday morning. It'll probably be quite simple to animate.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-22 07:33:33

Since the voices for everyone's parts seems to be sorted for the time being, I'm going to start an animation piece for the collab! I'm itching do some animating and voice work.

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-22 12:54:03

At 11/22/12 07:33 AM, DumbassDude wrote: Since the voices for everyone's parts seems to be sorted for the time being, I'm going to start an animation piece for the collab! I'm itching do some animating and voice work.

If looking for voice acting work, talk to decky, i issued a challenge to all voice actors.

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-22 13:28:30

At 11/22/12 12:54 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: If looking for voice acting work, talk to decky, i issued a challenge to all voice actors.

Indeed, this is to anybody who wants to do voice work. I'm currently writing a script. So far there are only two male voice needed but I'm going through a rewrite of the script to add more roles.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-22 22:27:43

At 11/22/12 06:22 AM, Riott wrote:

Awesome dude, its looking excellent, can't wait to see more!

Hows everybody's Thanksgiving been?

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-23 12:33:45

At 11/22/12 10:27 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 11/22/12 06:22 AM, Riott wrote:
Awesome dude, its looking excellent, can't wait to see more!

Hows everybody's Thanksgiving been?

My thanksgiving was wonderful! I ate so much food.. Wrestling is going to be a bitch today. I might lie to the coach at my weigh in so he doesn't work me hard haha. Before thanksgiving i was 125.6 almost 126 weight class. If I drop into that he will make me cut the weight :O..
Anyway.. My part is coming along nicely along with other side projects I'm very glad I started. I'm warming up! Not giving up!

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-23 14:35:19

Sorry i've been so quite on the collab guys, update is soundscape is done

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-23 21:45:59

Hey I have sketched out an idea and will have a rough moving storyboard (no sound) by next week sometime Jomillex, just wanted to update think its been a while since I said I wanted to join.

Youtube | Tumblr | Website | Email | Hi I'm Eddie Oberbichler, I'm from Melbourne, Australia and I'm docobe on youtube... that's all.

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-23 21:50:40

At 11/23/12 09:45 PM, Eddie-John wrote: Hey I have sketched out an idea and will have a rough moving storyboard (no sound) by next week sometime Jomillex, just wanted to update think its been a while since I said I wanted to join.

Sounds great guys! No pressure really we've got about a month and a half to do this :)
It would be nice if we hit about 10 parts before the end of December. So spread this collaboration around!
As for the menu, I'm wondering how 'animated' we want it. If we want alot of buttons and links we may need programming help. I don't want that 'simple' of a menu.
Any ideas on how you guys want the menu too look?

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 10:05:29

Right then I have finished my script. ReklessCreati0n is going to be animating it and we need 3 adult male voices and 1 adult female voice. Please PM me if you are interested in any of the parts so I can send you a script.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 12:12:59

hi,
i'm new here but i want to collaborate as a composer. is this the right spot? if not could you point me to the right place?
thanks.
i can score for the final work or you can select from my samples found at
http://soundcloud.com/ron-connor-music-for-film

thanks inadvance for your help.
Ron

At 11/5/12 04:32 PM, Jomillex wrote: So I just came back to this website in hopes of there being some collaborative animations to join..
I was a bit disappointed..
I decided to make my own!

JUST A MONDAY

Basically the idea is what you 'did' on any given Monday, obviously it can be fictional as I doubt there are many true Monday stories worthy of being animated.. I could be wrong ;)

Collaboration Brief:
This collaboration will be uploaded on January 15th granted there are enough finished parts.
I would like this to be a quality collaboration.. Meaning I want good parts, NOT long parts that look awful.
Sign your name at the bottom right corner of your part.
Refrain from offensive material in excess..
Voice-Actors will be shared in the collaboration unless you voice it yourself. So we will need some volunteers.

Specifications:

STAGE SIZE: 960x540px (HD)
FRAME RATE: 24 fps
STAGE COLOR: White
FILETYPE: Fla CS5.5 or lower

*Collaboration needs Mod approval*

Add me as a portal buddy if your taking part in the collaboration. Pm me your parts..
Icon is a teaser probably won't be a part of the final product.

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 12:42:09

At 11/24/12 12:12 PM, ronconnor wrote: hi,
i'm new here but i want to collaborate as a composer. is this the right spot? if not could you point me to the right place?
thanks.

Ron

Wow I'm listening too your stuff as I'm typing this! Very professional work! Absolutely love it.
I'd love to have you score the final project :)
Do you have skype just so its easier for us to communicate?

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 17:16:45

Hey there, voice here!

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 17:41:41

At 11/24/12 05:16 PM, RiverK wrote: Hey there, voice here!

Your voice is actually perfect for my part :D
Got skype?

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 18:59:52

At 11/24/12 05:41 PM, Jomillex wrote:
At 11/24/12 05:16 PM, RiverK wrote: Hey there, voice here!
Your voice is actually perfect for my part :D
Got skype?

Hey, alright! My skype is sinowbeat.

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 20:46:52

Just thought I was due for an actual update, well... another screenshot xD When I'm done animating this first part I will post it as a teaser...

I've been gathering voices so far I have voices from ShockDingo, ColonelMagus, and RiverK. I do still have a few small lines for anyone who thinks they could do an good impersonation of Snoop Dog xD PM me if your interested voice actors...

Also just hunting around for sound effects, ect.

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 21:42:22

At 11/24/12 08:46 PM, Riott wrote: When I'm done animating this first part I will post it as a teaser...

Obviously it's not perfect but I'm pretty proud of how it's turning out. Hope you guys like it...

PREVIEW

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 21:58:53

At 11/24/12 09:42 PM, Riott wrote:
At 11/24/12 08:46 PM, Riott wrote: When I'm done animating this first part I will post it as a teaser...
Obviously it's not perfect but I'm pretty proud of how it's turning out. Hope you guys like it...

PREVIEW

Inspired by Egoraptor's early work, I see. lol

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 22:18:23

At 11/24/12 09:42 PM, Riott wrote:

PREVIEW

Glad your making good progress :DDD

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 23:26:49

At 11/24/12 09:58 PM, ColonelMagus wrote:

Inspired by Egoraptor's early work, I see. lol

Yea well, it's really just a reference xD

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-24 23:50:48

Sketching some stuff out before I have to go to work :( Started snoop dog, no legs yet. Anyway I was thinking if someone wanted to make/had some art for the painting who's better at drawing stuff. As long as it is drawn in flash, original, and fits the frame. Otherwise I'll just make it a window... If you have something convert it to a movie clip and send an fla to me (cs5 or under).

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-25 01:22:00

At 11/24/12 11:50 PM, Riott wrote: Sketching some stuff out before I have to go to work :( Started snoop dog, no legs yet. Anyway I was thinking if someone wanted to make/had some art for the painting who's better at drawing stuff. As long as it is drawn in flash, original, and fits the frame. Otherwise I'll just make it a window... If you have something convert it to a movie clip and send an fla to me (cs5 or under).

Haha, its looking awesome so far man. I've been working on my solo project still, hows everybodys parts coming along?

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-25 11:50:28

hee Jo, thanks for the compliment

i took skype off my laptop. i'll have to re install. lmk what you hve in mind for your project.
love to help out.
thx
Ron

At 11/24/12 12:42 PM, Jomillex wrote:
At 11/24/12 12:12 PM, ronconnor wrote: hi,
thanks.

Ron
Wow I'm listening too your stuff as I'm typing this! Very professional work! Absolutely love it.
I'd love to have you score the final project :)
Do you have skype just so its easier for us to communicate?

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-25 19:17:10

How is everything turning out for everybody? I'll be going to work soon, just thought I'd send out a check up. Everybody having a good weekend?

Btw, backgrounds are hard :o

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-26 00:19:50

At 11/25/12 07:17 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: How is everything turning out for everybody? I'll be going to work soon, just thought I'd send out a check up. Everybody having a good weekend?

Having a great weekend man. It's over now seeing as it's monday morning (5.20am here) but was good. That background looks awesome man :).

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Just a Monday Collaboration 2012-11-26 01:31:42

At 11/26/12 12:46 AM, digsBot wrote: Is there room for one more animator?

Yep, as far as I'm aware it's a more the merrier situation, as long as they're good it's all ok.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature