Potatoman
Potatoman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 06:31 PM Reply

HURRAY!!!!

At 2/3/13 05:35 PM, Jomillex wrote: I just got flash fixed on my computer!!
I'll get started compiling the parts

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 07:08 PM Reply

Yeah dude take your time!
Also I'll need someones help to make the intro to the collaboration!

You smell nice.

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 08:20 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 07:08 PM, Jomillex wrote: Yeah dude take your time!

Finally done with it, all it needs is sound, and it'll be finished :D

.fla
(had to upload it on mediafire because the dump was taking too long to upload)
.swf

also what kind of intro are you looking to get done? Cause I could come up with something pretty interesting using that first image you posted on the thread.
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/19/24313000/ngbbs5098306d1a8e2.jpg

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 08:26 PM Reply

Got the .fla to upload to the dump, so here that:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/46b37c0241aa05602b8924c7 b06639af

ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 07:08 PM, Jomillex wrote: Yeah dude take your time!

OK! so my VA's Challenge is complete, and will be a special treat to the final collab, so only Jom, myself, and ColonelMAgus will have seen the final piece.

As for an intro/menu for the collab. I have a pretty decent Idea that I can get worked up here in the next few days. I'll be working on a competition artwork over the next few days. But after the 8th I can get the Intro done and the menu if needed.

I'll get my .fla uploaded and sent to you here in a few min Jom.

Collab To-Do's: (I can get these done but if anybody wants to help out with these things it can get the collab finished quicker)

1.add some music/audio to Mabelma's part.

2. Intro to collab, I have an idea that would be simple to animate, if someone is bored and wants to do this. I'm fine with it.

3. Menu

4. Credits Page

@KaDoYuu

Get your part done, there are still pleanty of things that need to be finished before its uploaded. I'd like to have you as a part of the final collab. Especially since you have done a bunch of work already.

@Jom

Anything else that needs to be done? Also can you generate a list of everybody that has submitted their .fla to you and is complete that way I can see if we are missing anybody.

A Girl in A Room Collaboration II -coming soon-
Rekless @ Twitch TV ( Mon-Thurs @ 10pm GMT )

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 08:42 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: 2. Intro to collab, I have an idea that would be simple to animate, if someone is bored and wants to do this. I'm fine with it.

I would love to animate this... Originally my idea was to have the little faces come front the background super fast and end in the initial picture but if you would like me to animate your idea that would be great, just pm me and I'll get started right away, since it's an intro it'll be quite short so it should only take me a day or something like that to animate it.

ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:20 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 08:52 PM, Mabelma wrote:
At 2/3/13 08:42 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: 2. Intro to collab, I have an idea that would be simple to animate, if someone is bored and wants to do this. I'm fine with it.
I would love to animate this... Originally my idea was to have the little faces come front the background super fast and end in the initial picture but if you would like me to animate your idea that would be great, just pm me and I'll get started right away, since it's an intro it'll be quite short so it should only take me a day or something like that to animate it.

Hmmm, I'd have to see what that looks like.

My idea was way simple,

My idea was like to show a calender, then have it zoom by Friday, and you see in the square for friday. Sillouettes pop up from the bottom with some party music, and the silloetes look like they are dancing.

Then it pans over to Saturday, and you see some more partiers with different music.

Then it pans to Sunday and you hear football sounds and a sillouette of a football going through the field goal (like it was kicked).

Then it pans over to Monday, and you hear depressing "awww". Then "Just another monday" shows up and that is the menu.

BBS Signature
Potatoman
Potatoman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:33 PM Reply

We better post tis tomarrow. Cause.. tommarow is monday

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 10:20 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: Then it pans over to Saturday, and you see some more partiers with different music.

Then it pans to Sunday and you hear football sounds and a sillouette of a football going through the field goal (like it was kicked).

Then it pans over to Monday, and you hear depressing "awww". Then "Just another monday" shows up and that is the menu.

Your idea sounds way better actually, would you like me to animate it or would you rather do that yourself?

ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 10:50 PM, Mabelma wrote: Your idea sounds way better actually, would you like me to animate it or would you rather do that yourself?

If you could animate it, that would be awesome. Would really save me the trouble.

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:11 PM Reply

At 2/3/13 11:04 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 2/3/13 10:50 PM, Mabelma wrote: Your idea sounds way better actually, would you like me to animate it or would you rather do that yourself?
If you could animate it, that would be awesome. Would really save me the trouble.

No problem, I'll get right on it :D

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 10:21 AM Reply

It's good to see the collab finally coming together. I wonder if it'll be uploaded today or will it have to be next week, only time will tell. Can't wait to see it and bask in that mundane monday feeling.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 10:51 AM Reply

Hey guys. I had started a menu & credits page, but was having problems with the coding... so when you started talking about submitting as an mp4, I sort of stopped working on it. Plus it's pretty bland and boring compared to what @ReklessCreati0n just described. I was going to upload it to the project but I can't seem to do that atm. Sorry :(

ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 10:51 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: Hey guys. I had started a menu & credits page, but was having problems with the coding... so when you started talking about submitting as an mp4, I sort of stopped working on it. Plus it's pretty bland and boring compared to what @ReklessCreati0n just described. I was going to upload it to the project but I can't seem to do that atm. Sorry :(

No worries ReNaeNae, I didn't even realize you were working on that for us haha! I personally would prefer the finished product as a .swf submission for newgrounds. But we can also use Swivel to make a version for youtube. (so people can view on mobile devices as well)

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 02:53 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 2/4/13 10:51 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: Hey guys. I had started a menu & credits page, but was having problems with the coding... so when you started talking about submitting as an mp4, I sort of stopped working on it. Plus it's pretty bland and boring compared to what @ReklessCreati0n just described. I was going to upload it to the project but I can't seem to do that atm. Sorry :(
No worries ReNaeNae, I didn't even realize you were working on that for us haha! I personally would prefer the finished product as a .swf submission for newgrounds. But we can also use Swivel to make a version for youtube. (so people can view on mobile devices as well)

I think the same thing better have both things than just one. I'll be working on the intro soon, currently finishing up some freelance work but as soon as I finish those (roughly an hour or two) I'll begin production on the intro. Let's try and push for a launch on next Monday, I mean if you would like to post it before then great but since the name of the collab is "Just a Monday" we might as well post it on Monday.

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 06:55 PM Reply

Started working on it

Just a Monday Collaboration

ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 08:31 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 06:55 PM, Mabelma wrote: Started working on it

Cool man, looking good, Can't wait to see the finished product of the intro.

BBS Signature
Potatoman
Potatoman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 10:35 PM Reply

If we export this in flash i think we should have eastereggs..

BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 2/4/13 10:35 PM, Potatoman wrote: If we export this in flash i think we should have eastereggs..

Of course, we can do something like that. Also I think some acheivments are in order too :D

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 08:33 AM Reply

At 2/4/13 10:47 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 2/4/13 10:35 PM, Potatoman wrote: If we export this in flash i think we should have eastereggs..
Of course, we can do something like that. Also I think some acheivments are in order too :D

Seeing as this is obviously going to be a project that is uploaded on a monday and if everybody pulled their finger out from whatI can tell it could be ready to upload pretty soon, I guess adding more stuff just to fill the time until next monday wouldn't be a bad idea.

BBS Signature
Potatoman
Potatoman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 09:15 PM Reply

Just realized somthing.. My collab part the voive part is still looping can someone fox it for me?

BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 05:11 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 09:15 PM, Potatoman wrote: Just realized somthing.. My collab part the voive part is still looping can someone fox it for me?

yah, send me the .fla i'll get it fixed

BBS Signature
Potatoman
Potatoman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 05:11 AM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
At 2/5/13 09:15 PM, Potatoman wrote: Just realized somthing.. My collab part the voive part is still looping can someone fox it for me?

if u look back in the forum it should be there ;)

BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 11:59 PM Reply

At 2/6/13 05:18 PM, Potatoman wrote:
At 2/6/13 05:11 AM, ReklessCreati0n wrote:
if u look back in the forum it should be there ;)

Audio is Fixed

.swf

cs4 .fla download

BBS Signature
Potatoman
Potatoman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 05:03 PM Reply

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThan kyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou

At 2/6/13 11:59 PM, ReklessCreati0n wrote: Audio is Fixed

.swf

cs4 .fla download

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 2/7/13 05:03 PM, Potatoman wrote: ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThan kyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou

I think he's happy with your work Rekless hahaha.

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 05:47 PM Reply

.swf

cs4 .fla download

That came out great, I should be done with the intro hopefully by tomorrow, would you be able to also add audio to that? Quick question, not trying to rush you or anything, just asking, were you able to add audio to my submission?

Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 07:10 PM Reply

I apologize for the Double Post but I remember someone said something about maybe adding medals to the game, if no one has done those already I would love to volunteer to do the little images for the medals, it's that ok with everyone of course.

Potatoman
Potatoman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 09:40 PM Reply

yeah!

Also i think i might start a collab soon

At 2/7/13 05:07 PM, Decky wrote:
At 2/7/13 05:03 PM, Potatoman wrote: ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThan kyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou
I think he's happy with your work Rekless hahaha.

BBS Signature
ReklessCreati0n
ReklessCreati0n
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to Just a Monday Collaboration Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 04:20 AM Reply

At 2/7/13 05:47 PM, Mabelma wrote:

.swf

cs4 .fla download
That came out great, I should be done with the intro hopefully by tomorrow, would you be able to also add audio to that? Quick question, not trying to rush you or anything, just asking, were you able to add audio to my submission?

Yeah i'll be getting to it soon, that part will be pretty easy for me, no worries. I should have the drawing i've been working on before the end of the day tomorrow... since that is the deadline >.<

Then after that I'll add the audio to your part...

A NOTE TO ALL COLLAB PARTICIPANTS

Please when making your parts, remember that somebody has to take everything from your movie... and put it into another Flash file... and they have to do this for EVERY BODY'S PARTS. It is good practice to have your movie in a nice compact MovieClip so that the Organizer does not have to go through and put your Movie together for you.

Things to avoid when submitting your .fla

Please condense your ENTIRE SUBMISSION into a Movieclip.

Please name your symbols "[USERNAME]-symbol"... for example REK-Duck. Or put your symbols into a Folder with your Username. (some people will use the same symbol names, and can really mess things up with the final movie otherwise, don't believe me, open up a project you have made, then import another one of your projects into the same .fla bet you get a "you have 2 symbols with the same name" message. Now imagine that with 8+ parts.)

Submit a FLASH cs4 or lower (or predetermined file type by collab organizer)

------Sound and Audio Files-------

A tip to keep file sizes down, and just overall good practice, try to take your sound files and put them into one .mp3. Use a program like "Audacity" (free program) to easily put together VA clips, sound effects, and background music into 1 audio file.

It also makes the collab organizer's job a lot easier.

I'm sure i missed a few other things but oh well, just try to be courteous to your fellow animators. If you have broken any of these I would strongly suggest going back to your .fla and fixing them. Otherwise the collab probably won't be released on time due to issue putting together.

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC here is a small segment of the picture I have been working on in photoshop, keep in mind this is just the background you'll see... (I hate backgrounds so much)

and on a different not I have been putting together my youtube channel, check it out link me your channel and we can cross subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/reklesstooons

Just a Monday Collaboration

BBS Signature