The gang needs to perform an exorcism in an abandoned lighthouse. Care to join?4.16 / 5.00 4,936 Views
Shoot your Salami to victory!3.78 / 5.00 2,217 Views
Politics in 2017 are not fun3.76 / 5.00 2,035 Views
Welcome to the Monthly Audio Contest 2012 - November / December CHRISTMAS theme!
- That's right! The Yuletide of 2012 is fast approaching, and what better way to celebrate than with appropriate music!
- The primary focus of this contest will be on pieces of music that sound and / or feel like a Christmas carol. Basically, anything that you feel would make a great Christmas song would work. Screaming a metal tune about Jesus, or a Hip-Hop track about "Santa's Hoes", for example. Humor and creativity are encouraged, but you can also enter a serious traditional-sounding piece as well.
- Any type of arrangement or instruments can be used.
- Songs can be a maximum of 5 minutes. However, slightly longer songs may be taken into consideration and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. There will be no minimum time limit, but please, use your objectivity and common sense... "Does this track constitute a complete full-length song?"
- Collabs are allowed in this contest. You are allowed to collab with ONE OTHER PERSON ONLY. Be sure to provide correct credit details in your project pages. Prize credits awarded will be split evenly between the two collaborators if their song is one of the winners.
- No copyrighted samples. This is rather obvious and self-explanatory. Be sure to also check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the Newgrounds Audio Portal.
- Voices can be used, provided that:
a) It is not sampled from copyrighted recordings.
b) It is 100% your own recording and creation.
c) You can ask another artist or group to provide vocals (for example your collab partner), as long as all material is newly created for your submission, and you provide the details of the vocalist(s), who they are.
- Submissions must not contain material offensive in nature.
- No covers. All melodies contained in your submission must be composed ENTIRELY by yourself.
- Songs must be NEWLY COMPOSED and created for this competition.
- Each competitor can submit only ONE song for this contest.
- Please submit your entry using your regular account, not an ALT.
- Have fun! Lots and LOTS and of yuletide fun!!!
From today until Sunday December 16th 11:59 PM EST:
Submissions will be accepted
Monday, December 24th, (Christmas Eve!):
The 4 winners will be announced.
1st Place: 50 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
2nd Place: 40 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
3rd Place: 30 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
4th Place: 1 week audio feature.
- In addition, the Top 4 winners will receive MAC12 Winners' signatures.
- Please keep in mind, because of the hectic holiday season, prizes have a small chance of not being issued until after the new year. Thank-you in advance for your patience.
TomFulp - Santa Claus.
Luis - Went somewhere warm for the holidays (Drew the artwork).
B0unc3 - Bouncing up and down for joy to judge the songs.
SBB - A.K.A. Buoy A.K.A. Jonathan Gjertsen.
Sequenced - Survived Sandy just to judge this contest.
BrokenDeck - Hates Eggnog.
Back-From-Purgatory - The choir WILL sing in an orderly fashion!
Rucklo - Father of MACs.
MAC12 - March/April Metal Theme
MAC12 - Jan/Feb Orchestral Theme
MAC10 - Ringtones
MAC9 - "Who's your daddy?"
MAC9 - Valentines
MAC8 - Claiming New Grounds
MAC8 - Flight in Freedom
MAC8 - Trembling Madness
MAC8 - Sorrowed Tears
MAC8 - Music to Motion
MAC8 - Pico Punchout!
MAC8 - Feb/March Pillars of Pico!
Guide to Music Production
One of the things that I love about technology is that what pushes it up against the boundary of physics, so whatever works, works. ~ Hans Zimmer
Congrats to whoever wins (It's not me)
Come and join the festive adventure through the virtual winter wonderland!
Here's my entry!
It kind breaks the 5 minute barrier but hopefully that wont be too much of an issue.. It variates a lot so hopefully that classifies it enough to be a full length song. Good luck!
The only winner is gonna be me
I'll take 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, all the way through 15th
In commemoration of the real meaning of christmas and my desire to win money
that is my song for the contest:
Here is my submission, good luck guys!
No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
here is the track i want to submit for the MAC 2012. This will be fun! May the Christmas-Force be with you all!
Put this together in less than four days. And that's if you don't consider all the distractions due to my family, (though in their defense: it is Christmas Time). Wishing everyone the best of luck and a Merry Christmas.
Here's my entry:
Hope you enjoy. Or something. Honesty would be appreciated D:
Here's my submission! Happy Holidays, and the best of luck to everyone! :D
Adventurous song about that jolly ol' man's journey on Christmas!
Here is my entry with all the magic and heartwarming Christmas joy!
Entry for the MAC12. This piece portrays a heartwarming Christmas Eve Miracle.
After much work and caffeinated drinks...
Just kidding, I hate caffeinated drinks. But I wasn't kidding about the much work part.
Here it is... rushed to get it done, but I think it turned out alright. Took the old-school carol approach.
Hope there's still time left... a little late in putting this together... :(
DEADLINE HAS BEEN REACHED
Anything submitted after this post will not be accepted unfortunately.
Thank you for all of you who submitted songs! :D
Th wieners will be announced in a week. :D