- The primary focus of this contest will be on pieces of music that sound and / or feel like a Christmas carol. Basically, anything that you feel would make a great Christmas song would work. Screaming a metal tune about Jesus, or a Hip-Hop track about "Santa's Hoes", for example. Humor and creativity are encouraged, but you can also enter a serious traditional-sounding piece as well.
- Any type of arrangement or instruments can be used.
- Songs can be a maximum of 5 minutes. However, slightly longer songs may be taken into consideration and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. There will be no minimum time limit, but please, use your objectivity and common sense... "Does this track constitute a complete full-length song?"
- Collabs are allowed in this contest. You are allowed to collab with ONE OTHER PERSON ONLY. Be sure to provide correct credit details in your project pages. Prize credits awarded will be split evenly between the two collaborators if their song is one of the winners.
- No copyrighted samples. This is rather obvious and self-explanatory. Be sure to also check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the Newgrounds Audio Portal.
- Voices can be used, provided that:
a) It is not sampled from copyrighted recordings.
b) It is 100% your own recording and creation.
c) You can ask another artist or group to provide vocals (for example your collab partner), as long as all material is newly created for your submission, and you provide the details of the vocalist(s), who they are.
- Submissions must not contain material offensive in nature.
- No covers. All melodies contained in your submission must be composed ENTIRELY by yourself.
- Songs must be NEWLY COMPOSED and created for this competition.
- Each competitor can submit only ONE song for this contest.
- Please submit your entry using your regular account, not an ALT.
- Have fun! Lots and LOTS and of yuletide fun!!!
From today until Sunday December 16th 11:59 PM EST:
Submissions will be accepted
Monday, December 24th, (Christmas Eve!):
The 4 winners will be announced.
1st Place: 50 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
2nd Place: 40 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
3rd Place: 30 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
4th Place: 1 week audio feature.
- In addition, the Top 4 winners will receive MAC12 Winners' signatures.
- Please keep in mind, because of the hectic holiday season, prizes have a small chance of not being issued until after the new year. Thank-you in advance for your patience.
TomFulp - Santa Claus.
Luis - Went somewhere warm for the holidays (Drew the artwork).
B0unc3 - Bouncing up and down for joy to judge the songs.
SBB - A.K.A. Buoy A.K.A. Jonathan Gjertsen.
Sequenced - Survived Sandy just to judge this contest.
BrokenDeck - Hates Eggnog.
Back-From-Purgatory - The choir WILL sing in an orderly fashion!
Rucklo - Father of MACs.
MAC12 - March/April Metal Theme
MAC12 - Jan/Feb Orchestral Theme
MAC10 - Ringtones
MAC9 - "Who's your daddy?"
MAC9 - Valentines
MAC8 - Claiming New Grounds
MAC8 - Flight in Freedom
MAC8 - Trembling Madness
MAC8 - Sorrowed Tears
MAC8 - Music to Motion
MAC8 - Pico Punchout!
MAC8 - Feb/March Pillars of Pico!