New Topic Respond to this Topic
deontebolaw
deontebolaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Style and technique 2012-11-03 18:12:06 Reply

So i was just checking out this photographers site, i think it's awesome: http://www.symbolphoto.com but when i compare it to photos that i've taken, they fall completely flat. Does anyone have any advice on how to shoot photographs a bit more inline with this style?

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-03 18:19:23 Reply

At 11/3/12 06:12 PM, deontebolaw wrote: So i was just checking out this photographers site, i think it's awesome: http://www.symbolphoto.com but when i compare it to photos that i've taken, they fall completely flat. Does anyone have any advice on how to shoot photographs a bit more inline with this style?

Well that photographer's work is very professional, but in order to compare it with yours, or to tell you what you could do to get results closer to his, we would need to see yours first.

Generally, you can tell that he has a pretty good equipment and the knowledge about shutter speed, light sensitivity, focal lenght and much more that it takes to get the desired results.

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-03 19:43:45 Reply

You're also going to need digital photography programs like InkScape or GIMP. If you're trying to be professional photographer, then Photoshop is your deal.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-04 01:47:18 Reply

Also keep in mind that he probably takes 1000+ pictures per event or shoot, and chooses maybe 10-15 that worked out well, and showcases maybe 1-2 from each event.

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-04 03:30:26 Reply

At 11/3/12 07:43 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: You're also going to need digital photography programs like InkScape or GIMP. If you're trying to be professional photographer, then Photoshop is your deal.

No you don't; poeple made great photographs before those programs were around.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-04 11:41:08 Reply

At 11/4/12 03:30 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 11/3/12 07:43 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: You're also going to need digital photography programs like InkScape or GIMP. If you're trying to be professional photographer, then Photoshop is your deal.

Even so, it's better to be safe than sorry, right? What if one of your lenses fails and you have to make a great looking photo? Edit the photos, of course.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Mabelma
Mabelma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-04 11:53:08 Reply

At 11/4/12 11:41 AM, HiryuGouki wrote:
At 11/4/12 03:30 AM, J-qb wrote:
Even so, it's better to be safe than sorry, right? What if one of your lenses fails and you have to make a great looking photo? Edit the photos, of course.

That's just lazy. Professional photographers tend to take a bunch of pictures just in case any of them come out wrong. Digital tools are used mostly to retouch things, or to add some kind of effect to the image. But you do not need Photoshop or any digital tool to be a good photographer, just a good sense of balance, a good camera and the initiative to shoot a photo everywhere you go.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-04 11:56:02 Reply

At 11/4/12 11:41 AM, HiryuGouki wrote: Even so, it's better to be safe than sorry, right? What if one of your lenses fails and you have to make a great looking photo? Edit the photos, of course.

you... obviously know nothing of photography...
but please, carry on, it'll be fun to watch.

Style and technique

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-04 13:09:16 Reply

If you have to resort to editing programs, then you really are not a great photographer.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-04 13:57:54 Reply

OP, are you looking to work with a digital or a traditional camera?

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
Moistskycutter
Moistskycutter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Style and technique 2012-11-04 16:20:49 Reply

You can try deviantart and ask artist on their for their advice, the have ginen me helpful hints before :D