New Topic Respond to this Topic
DGurt
DGurt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Exporting In Fl Studio Help 2012-11-01 01:46:41 Reply

Hello fellow Newgrounders! I am a bit of a novice when it comes to constructing music on my computer.
A dear friend of mine helped me get started by installing Fruity Loops for me, and I've already finished
my first demo. However I am having troubles exporting the file, as it always comes out in a lesser quality.
What settings do you suppose I should change when exporting to get a top of the notch quality track?

On a side note, do you guys think Fruity Loops is a good program to be creating music on?

theacronyms
theacronyms
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Exporting In Fl Studio Help 2012-11-01 01:59:19 Reply

At 11/1/12 01:46 AM, DGurt wrote: Hello fellow Newgrounders! I am a bit of a novice when it comes to constructing music on my computer.
A dear friend of mine helped me get started by installing Fruity Loops for me, and I've already finished
my first demo. However I am having troubles exporting the file, as it always comes out in a lesser quality.
What settings do you suppose I should change when exporting to get a top of the notch quality track?

On a side note, do you guys think Fruity Loops is a good program to be creating music on?

I used to use FL Studio waaay back when. It's a very solid piece of software and extremely affordable. If you can spend the time learning the ins and outs of it, I'm sure you'll be happy.

What settings are you currently using to export your songs?

DGurt
DGurt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Exporting In Fl Studio Help 2012-11-01 02:51:29 Reply

At first just the default, but now after changing it to 512-point sinc, 16Bit int, and a 320kbps bitrate it sounds much better.

jaymoon7ohs
jaymoon7ohs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Exporting In Fl Studio Help 2012-11-01 09:44:33 Reply

FL rookie

There are a few ways to increase your audio quality AFTER completion.

One that i am familiar with is with Adobe Audition

Very easy and cheap software to master your beat sounding like the pros and only takes about a minute or 3.

I do not recommend using FL for final mastering purposes - although it gives a good basis of pre-recording i would use a different avenue.

2fly4fly
jaymooooooon

Draewa
Draewa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Exporting In Fl Studio Help 2012-11-03 06:56:52 Reply

If the quality of the rendered file is lower than what you can hear in FL Studio, there's a bunch of different things that may cause this:

-Make sure that the render settings match the desired quality, pay attention to the bitrate, sinc rate etc. I do not recommend using 512-point sinc, though! Usually you cannot hear any difference between 64-point interpolation and 512-point. Use 512-point only if you are 100% sure that the track is mastered right.

-Check if you made any mistakes in the mixing/mastering process. Lower the master channel to -6db and slowly tweak every separate channel so that there are no loud peaks. Pay attention to stereo separation, it can drastically improve the soundscape.

-Go into the settings of every separate plugin you are using and (if possible) set the quality to full. Be warned though, this will consume a lot of memory and you may run into playback problems within FL Studio. Adjust the buffer rate accordingly, and do this only when you are sure you want to render the track.

Draewa
Draewa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Exporting In Fl Studio Help 2012-11-03 06:59:13 Reply

At 11/1/12 09:44 AM, jaymoon7ohs wrote:
I do not recommend using FL for final mastering purposes - although it gives a good basis of pre-recording i would use a different avenue.

Why not? The FL Studio mixer is really good if you know what you're doing with it. There's no reason to use an external program if you can just mix a track properly in the DAW itself and then render it.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Exporting In Fl Studio Help 2012-11-05 00:32:23 Reply

If you're new to the program, make sure you don't have a limiter on the master bus, considering that's there by default for some reason. I've heard of people having issues because of that.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Exporting In Fl Studio Help 2012-11-05 08:16:57 Reply

Nothing wrong with using FL Studio. There really is a lot to it and is you can learn to use every bit and piece properly to its full extent, it'll be all you need to make music.

I've only mastered 40% of it honestly.