Drawn all by mouse.
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 06:25 PM

At 10/31/12 05:49 PM, benjadaninja wrote: Drawn all by mouse.

Yep, drawn with a mouse alright...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 07:18 PM

At 10/31/12 06:25 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

Yes it was. Are you doubting me?

benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 07:20 PM

At 10/31/12 07:18 PM, benjadaninja wrote:
At 10/31/12 06:25 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
Yes it was. Are you doubting me?

Or are you trying to be clever by implying that you can't literally "draw" something with a mouse? If so, then hardy-har-har to you sir.

Tomsan
Tomsan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to Yay or nay? Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 07:39 PM

At 10/31/12 07:20 PM, benjadaninja wrote:
Are you doubting me?
Or are you trying to be clever by implying that you can't literally "draw" something with a mouse? If so, then hardy-har-har to you sir.

lol, neither dude

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature
Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 09:01 PM

No, Kinsei wasn't doubting that is was done by mouse, it just isn't very good. Background is an afterthought and the lines and color choices are just bland .

Better luck next time?

3DS FC: 4442-0200-7535
So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

At 10/31/12 09:01 PM, Absinthe wrote: No, Kinsei wasn't doubting that is was done by mouse, it just isn't very good. Background is an afterthought and the lines and color choices are just bland .

Better luck next time?

Thanks for the input, I agree to an extent however, I know it doesn't take an artist to judge an artist, but yours aren't much better. No offense.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 12:41 AM

At 11/1/12 12:35 AM, benjadaninja wrote:
At 10/31/12 09:01 PM, Absinthe wrote: No, Kinsei wasn't doubting that is was done by mouse, it just isn't very good. Background is an afterthought and the lines and color choices are just bland .

Better luck next time?
Thanks for the input, I agree to an extent however, I know it doesn't take an artist to judge an artist, but yours aren't much better. No offense.

Actually... his are a lot better. he at least tries and understands. You on the other hand, are just looking like an ass. Attacking people for no reason won't get you far here.
So why are you really here, validation, praise, help or trolling? Cause at the moment it seems like the last one of that list.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 12:55 AM

I liked your last one better.....

benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

At 11/1/12 12:41 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:

Better luck next time?
Actually... his are a lot better. he at least tries and understands. You on the other hand, are just looking like an ass. Attacking people for no reason won't get you far here.
So why are you really here, validation, praise, help or trolling? Cause at the moment it seems like the last one of that list.

His have no backgrounds and that's better? Wasn't an attack, just judging his art back. Having good work really doesn't matter when critiquing someone elses, but I thought i'd look at his stuff for fun just while it was up in the air.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 01:19 AM

At 10/31/12 05:49 PM, benjadaninja wrote: Whadya boys think?
Drawn all by mouse.

Not a boy, but:

You've got an interesting composition here but the brushwork is clumsy and you don't seem to have thought about your color choices. Head anatomy is fine- I'm impressed you managed to get that right. When Kinsei says he can tell it was done by mouse, he means because it's a lot harder to make expressive, graceful linework without a tablet, so if you see enough digital art you can kind of tell which is done with which.
What's the object in your hand?

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 01:21 AM

At 11/1/12 12:56 AM, benjadaninja wrote:
At 11/1/12 12:41 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:

Better luck next time?
His have no backgrounds and that's better? Wasn't an attack, just judging his art back. Having good work really doesn't matter when critiquing someone elses, but I thought i'd look at his stuff for fun just while it was up in the air.

A lot of my art doesn't have backgrounds either, not to mention a lot of it is just line art, but I'd go out on a limb here and say that mine is better than yours. Just cause it lacks a background doesn't make it better or worse, its about the content that is there rather than the content that is absent.
Anyway I digress
His art isn't the art being discussed here. yours is. So lets not bring it up at all. If you want to discuss his art, go do it in his threads, on his pieces, on his blog or in a pm to him.

Moving back to your piece. It looks like what it is, a bunch of scribbles mostly. Not a strong layout or design. It looks like you traced or filter raped, or both a picture of a person and the white house.
It looks like their might be a bit of dodge and burn tool, improperly used of course.
Over all, its just not very good. So aNay in response to your tread title.

You should study, if nothing else how to use the tools more properly inside the program you have. I'm assuming you used Photoshop or GIMP. Doesn't matter though what program you used, you need to learn and practice with the tools a lot.
You should also look in to some principles of design and some composition tutorials as well. Those will help you layout your stuff much better resulting in much stronger pieces.

Yeah, so better luck next time.

Oh and for the record. Much of my line work is done with a mouse and pentool. So it'll take something a hell of a lot better than this to impress me.

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 01:30 AM

A lot of my art doesn't have backgrounds either, not to mention a lot of it is just line art, but I'd go out on a limb here and say that mine is better than yours.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 01:32 AM

At 11/1/12 01:30 AM, benjadaninja wrote:
A lot of my art doesn't have backgrounds either, not to mention a lot of it is just line art, but I'd go out on a limb here and say that mine is better than yours.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Although I will say this one was pretty cool.

Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 05:22 AM

At 11/1/12 01:30 AM, benjadaninja wrote:
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I like how out of alllll the feedback text you took this bit to respond to. Real mature so far, and I too didn't like the original piece either and found it really cluttered , too bright and messy. The drawn by mouse isn't an accomplishment either, a lot of people draw with a mouse. I've done a ton of illustration with a mouse, it's just a tool without the sensitivity of a tablet. Go ahead and judge my art as well since you

I thought i'd look at his stuff for fun just while it was up in the air.

My Artsy Thread
Current top 3 forum artists

Fersteger /Flowers10 / ZaneZansorrow

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 08:06 AM

At 11/1/12 12:41 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Attacking people for no reason won't get you far here.

In fairness you kind of brought the hostile mood to the thread in the first place by being all weirdly condescending and dismissive with your first post.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 09:17 AM

I like how out of alllll the feedback text you took this bit to respond to. Real mature so far, and I too didn't like the original piece either and found it really cluttered , too bright and messy. The drawn by mouse isn't an accomplishment either, a lot of people draw with a mouse. I've done a ton of illustration with a mouse, it's just a tool without the sensitivity of a tablet. Go ahead and judge my art as well since you

Your stuff's actually good! Like I mentioned before, I don't usually consider a critic's work as a prerequisite for critiquing, but when they are making all the same mistakes that they judge me on, it makes it a little harder to take them seriously.

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 09:26 AM

At 11/1/12 09:17 AM, benjadaninja wrote: Your stuff's actually good! Like I mentioned before, I don't usually consider a critic's work as a prerequisite for critiquing, but when they are making all the same mistakes that they judge me on, it makes it a little harder to take them seriously.

How about you focus on your own work, rather than other people's?

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 09:39 AM

Thanks for the input so far guys, it may look like I don't appreciate it, but I do. I agree with some comments, such as the background. I should have realized how bland it looks... however, I do not agree with comments focused on the main subject, as that part turned out nearly exactly how I wanted it to. I was neither hoping to be photo realistic, nor abstract with it. The sketchy lines were intentional, I wanted it to have a less clean look. I don't set out to replicate real life with my work, like most people seem to do here. I don't see drawing as a contest to see who can draw something the most realistically. (<-- just putting that out there.)

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 12:46 PM

At 11/1/12 09:39 AM, benjadaninja wrote: I don't see drawing as a contest to see who can draw something the most realistically. (<-- just putting that out there.)

Alright, then are we done here? If you're happy with the result why not just upload this "piece" to your dedicated art thread instead of making an entire thread where you justify everything? Seems like a waste of NG bandwidth.

Also in response to your "attack" against me, I take what you said in jest, I know what I'm trying to achieve with my stuff by isolating certain aspects. Regardless I really want to clear up your non-sequitur with the whole issue of proving that this thing was made by mouse. If you went to my thread the stuff I make is made by my effen finger! Who cares what you made it with? It only adds a little bit more back-story and shouldn't be the main crux of your argument.

So yeah follow this neat little do-dad to get a free trip to my Art Thread. I also endorse Retsupurae on my own volition

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 03:19 PM

At 11/1/12 03:14 PM, Escalus wrote: Lemme guess, we got a Hiryugouki 2.0 here eh?
With an attitude like yours sir, you're going to have a helluva time around NG. If you're not planning on making early enemies, I'd suggest you toss that attitude of yours out the window.

Fuck it, the damage is done. I've been on this website since 2000, I know how hostile it can be. No needs for the heads-up. :)

Absinthe
Absinthe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 03:25 PM

At 11/1/12 03:19 PM, benjadaninja wrote:
Fuck it, the damage is done.

That's the most fucked up part of this statement. The art forum has alot of regulars that can help you out, and really if you want to make amends all you have to do is apologize with the use proper grammar.

BBS Signature
PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 04:36 PM

At 11/1/12 03:50 PM, Amaranthus wrote: looking traced to anyone else?

Aye.

benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Yay or nay? Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 04:48 PM

Mods you can lock this now, I've heard enough of these fagggggz.