Be a Supporter!

Remix Contest (Planet Pulse)

  • 2,649 Views
  • 32 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

I figured since my Necromancer Theme Remix Contest went so well, I would hold another remix contest! This will be the 2nd (and only other) competition I'm holding regarding my upcoming Deluxe Edition of my new album "Planet Pulse" which hit Itunes and Spotify last week! Go check it out if you want, just search RealFaction :). Now that I finally have a job, I can afford to give cash prizes for the winners of my contests! So what is this one about? Let's find out...

Rules

1) Remix a song off my new album Planet Pulse, and if I like it, it could end up on the Deluxe Edition in February when it's released!

2) No explicit material (such as cursing, bloody violence, or nudity)

3) NO samples from other media such as tv shows, other songs, etc. Samples from FL Studio, or sample packs ARE OK TO USE (follow Newgrounds rules about the Audio Portal)!

4) You can post as many submissions as you want, just try not to spam this thread. You can post them here OR email me at mondohenry@yahoo.com, or even upload on Youtube.

5) Submit by the deadline which is January 15th, 2013 (same as the album art contest in my other thread).

6) Keep a .WAV version of the song (if possible), if it wins I will need you to send it to me over a link. If not, don't worry about it.

Prizes

1st place

-Gets $30

-Your remix featured on my Youtube channel

-Your remix on the Deluxe Edition of "Planet Pulse" in February

2nd and 3rd place

-Your remix featured on my Youtube channel

-Your remix on the Deluxe Edition of "Planet Pulse" in February

I love holding contests because it brings together people for a creative experience, the last time I did it, there were some amazing results! Happy remixing guys! :)

camoshark
camoshark
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 04:49 PM Reply

Coolio, I'll try and see if I can dish out something worthwhile!


Innovative works come from lateral thinking. NGADM Paring List 2013!
SoundCloud | Logical-Defiance | Facebook

BBS Signature
eatmeatleet
eatmeatleet
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 10/30/12 04:49 PM, camoshark wrote: Coolio, I'll try and see if I can dish out something worthwhile!

so are there any files provided for remixing


BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 10/30/12 05:51 PM, eatmeatleet wrote:
At 10/30/12 04:49 PM, camoshark wrote: Coolio, I'll try and see if I can dish out something worthwhile!
so are there any files provided for remixing

You listen to the songs on Spotify or download one on Itunes, and you remix yourself from scratch. I dont let people reuse my stuff, I want them to make it their own from what they have. I use FL Studio 9, a digital music program, you can use samples from that.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 09:03 PM Reply

At 10/30/12 08:47 PM, RealFaction wrote: You listen to the songs on Spotify or download one on Itunes, and you remix yourself from scratch. I dont let people reuse my stuff, I want them to make it their own from what they have.

A production does not qualify as a remix if there are absolutely no stems from the original track included.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 09:43 PM Reply

At 10/30/12 09:03 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 10/30/12 08:47 PM, RealFaction wrote: You listen to the songs on Spotify or download one on Itunes, and you remix yourself from scratch. I dont let people reuse my stuff, I want them to make it their own from what they have.
A production does not qualify as a remix if there are absolutely no stems from the original track included.

I've seen people do it all of the time. I mean it's silly to call it a cover, but I've seen musicians do it all the time saying they remixed a song and made their own version without using original elements. TECHNICALLY you're right, but the term "remix" has been used to say "i'm gonna make my own version of this song". Some are called covers, but to me that sounds silly.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 09:49 PM Reply

At 10/30/12 09:43 PM, RealFaction wrote: I've seen people do it all of the time. I mean it's silly to call it a cover

Yeah. And it's your contest, man - do what you like!

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 04:01 AM Reply

At 10/30/12 09:49 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 10/30/12 09:43 PM, RealFaction wrote: I've seen people do it all of the time. I mean it's silly to call it a cover
Yeah. And it's your contest, man - do what you like!

lol ok. I mean I'm saying you're right but I will say i do feel kind've bad because also I don't exactly have the original vocals to my songs saved, i just recorded the vocals in the songs and well...yeah xD. I hate to limit people like that but you can remix any of the songs and even sing over them, im interested to see where this competition takes off.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM Reply

I can't wait to see the results, hopefully this time around I'll get at least as many contenders.

Ectohelix
Ectohelix
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 5th, 2012 @ 11:45 AM Reply

No stems. That sucks but it's still possible (google "weapon M4sonic").
Welcome to the chop shop. :)


Find me on: Facebook, Twitter, or Soundcloud.

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 5th, 2012 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 11/5/12 11:45 AM, Ectohelix wrote: No stems. That sucks but it's still possible (google "weapon M4sonic").
Welcome to the chop shop. :)

yeah sorry lol

Chongo
Chongo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 5th, 2012 @ 08:34 PM Reply

I'm totally up for this. I'll be remixing BackTrak...Hopefully my idea will end well


Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
Chongo
Chongo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 12:01 AM Reply

At 11/5/12 08:34 PM, Ryry67dude wrote: I'm totally up for this. I'll be remixing BackTrak...Hopefully my idea will end well

In fact I already have a rough draft for this one...

I want to pretty it up a bit before I put it up here though


Always willing to voice act. Make music in my freetime. That's what I get for not having Flash

Click the pic to see the cool stuff I do on the Youtubes

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 11/5/12 08:34 PM, Ryry67dude wrote: I'm totally up for this. I'll be remixing BackTrak...Hopefully my idea will end well

awesome :) good luck!

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 06:26 PM Reply

We need more competitors, tell everyone you know guys!

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 10th, 2012 @ 10:52 PM Reply

Another RealFaction contest?! Awesomesauce I'm in!
Just now deciding which track to remix.


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

At 11/10/12 10:52 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Another RealFaction contest?! Awesomesauce I'm in!
Just now deciding which track to remix.

I think I could do it, but I kinda fail at searching on itunes and spotify :/

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 01:27 PM Reply

At 11/11/12 01:23 PM, Deshiel wrote:
At 11/10/12 10:52 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Another RealFaction contest?! Awesomesauce I'm in!
Just now deciding which track to remix.
I think I could do it, but I kinda fail at searching on itunes and spotify :/

As long as you have Spotify installed and you have an account (or sign in through your Facebook account) then you can literally search 'Planet Pulse' and Realfaction will come straight up. Click on the Album link in the search bar and every track comes up straight away.


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 01:31 PM Reply

At 11/11/12 01:27 PM, LichLordMusic wrote:
At 11/11/12 01:23 PM, Deshiel wrote:
At 11/10/12 10:52 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Another RealFaction contest?! Awesomesauce I'm in!
Just now deciding which track to remix.
I think I could do it, but I kinda fail at searching on itunes and spotify :/
As long as you have Spotify installed and you have an account (or sign in through your Facebook account) then you can literally search 'Planet Pulse' and Realfaction will come straight up. Click on the Album link in the search bar and every track comes up straight away.

Doesn't he have some of that stuff on youtube? I'm not going to install some random program that I'm never going to use. :/

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 11/11/12 01:31 PM, Deshiel wrote:
At 11/11/12 01:27 PM, LichLordMusic wrote:
At 11/11/12 01:23 PM, Deshiel wrote:
At 11/10/12 10:52 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Another RealFaction contest?! Awesomesauce I'm in!
Just now deciding which track to remix.
I think I could do it, but I kinda fail at searching on itunes and spotify :/
As long as you have Spotify installed and you have an account (or sign in through your Facebook account) then you can literally search 'Planet Pulse' and Realfaction will come straight up. Click on the Album link in the search bar and every track comes up straight away.
Doesn't he have some of that stuff on youtube? I'm not going to install some random program that I'm never going to use. :/

The only full track that is currently on Youtube is Polaris. The rest of it looks like it's only available via Spotify or iTunes.
I can link you to Polaris and the general album preview, but that's really all there is youtube-wise.

Album Preview Polaris (feat. Alisa Hight)


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 11th, 2012 @ 09:13 PM Reply

Spotify is harmless and doesn't take up much space, you can easily uninstall it, easy to use. I can't put all the tracks on youtube yet...sorry. THe only way to hear the full album without paying is spotify, it's harmless even if you dont use it but it's ok if you dont but it'll be the only way for a while. Good to have you back Lich :)

LichLordMusic
LichLordMusic
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2011
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 11/11/12 09:13 PM, RealFaction wrote: Good to have you back Lich :)

It's nice to be able to enter another one of your competitions again. Talking of entries, I've finished my first one :)
I done a remix/cover of Polaris. I wanted to try and do a 'kind of' opposite, from it's original form of soft, easy and pleasant to Stompy, Gritty and Nasty. I did swap some of the lyrics around when I recorded to the vocal-work to make it sound abit harsher. I tried to do the patterns by-ear comparison to the original and then drop the rifts a key or two.

Hope you like it :)

  • Polaris [LichLord Remix]
    Polaris [LichLord Remix] by LichLordMusic

    Aggrotech Mix for Realfaction's Planet Pulse Remix contest!

    Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Industrial
    Popularity
    1 Views


| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 08:07 PM Reply

At 11/12/12 07:52 PM, LichLordMusic wrote:
Hope you like it :)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/511006

Wow ! That is awesome! Good work!

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 10:27 PM Reply

Hey guys, BIG announcement! I decided, the TOP 3 REMIXES, if they are instrumental versions of songs I have vocals in, I will RERECORD vocals for those remixes :)

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 06:11 PM Reply

Hows everyone doing? :)

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Nov. 29th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

About recording vocals, I'm not sure if I can or not anymroe since the past month I've been dealing with a lung infection, it's been really dragging out, but hey I still have a month and a half left to recover so we'll see, just lots going on in my life right now, but thats the only thing that will change so far. Can't wait to see more remixes :)

RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 11:30 AM Reply

Been almost 2 weeks, dead quiet o.o lol I'm hoping people didn't forget about this contest.

EagleGuard
EagleGuard
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 12/11/12 11:30 AM, RealFaction wrote: Been almost 2 weeks, dead quiet o.o lol I'm hoping people didn't forget about this contest.

I've been checking the thread every now and then, but I'm afraid that I probably won't join... Your songs are great by themselves, but I'm simply finding it too hard to properly remix them. Hopefully other people will manage to pull it off though :)


BBS Signature
Bafana
Bafana
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Bump....

& almost done.


BBS Signature
RealFaction
RealFaction
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Remix Contest (Planet Pulse) Dec. 19th, 2012 @ 05:10 PM Reply

cool guys