The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 03:36 AM Reply

I don't see the problem. They're obviously capable of making good live action films. (e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean)
And how much worse could it get? They might end up making the best of the star wars movies.

I just hope we get more Star Wars games out of this.

Battlefront 3
Sentio
Sentio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 04:06 AM Reply

At 10/31/12 01:41 AM, Samuraikyo wrote: George Lucas had always intended to do the series that way. 4-6, 1-3 then 7-9. Any good Star Wars fan could have told you this was going to happen eventually down the road. I expected it many years from now, definitely not the year 2015 though. But I had always anticipated episode 7-9 ever since episode 1-3 came out.

This. Episodes 7-9 were inevitable sooner or later- it is too big a franchise for there not to be someone willing to take it on. Bearing that in mind there are worse companies that could have taken over- at least there is a chance that Disney will do a good job, and the base story they have to work with is a good one.

Personally I am quite excited to see what they do with Episode 7. I don't like shooting things down before they have even happened, especially a company that HAS produced good films. Sure, it might be terrible. Equally it might be incredible. Give the thing a chance!

Buy the Newgrounds Writing Anthology
Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 04:26 AM Reply

*takes a gun,shoots self*
Dead

Hi

BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 05:43 AM Reply

I never even liked the original Star Wars trilogy, but after episodes 1-3 I completely lost hope in the series anyway. As far as I'm concerned, the series sold out a long time ago.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 05:55 AM Reply

I don't want to live on this planet any more.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
You popped her tit!

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 06:35 AM Reply

This is interesting, I actually like Disney when they do good stuff and not the live action teen drama bullshit. So hopefully they will give this good attention and make some decent movies.

Also are people really saying Disney are bad? Did you not pay any attention to the hype cartoon movies in the 90s?

At 10/30/12 04:45 PM, LordMartin-Mac wrote: Why is Disney thinking about? They have so many movies made already and now they wanted to ruin Star Wars
and now they wanted to ruin Star Wars
now ruin Star Wars
now

lol

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 06:58 AM Reply

Prequel trilogy = aimed at kids

Disney = usually make films for kids

I am feeling pretty pessimistic about a seventh Star Wars movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

ttdub
ttdub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 10/30/12 04:41 PM, Sequenced wrote: news link

They're supposedly going to make a new SW movie that will release in 2015. If this actually happens, I'm only going to see it just to see how bad it actually is.

That is just hilarious. Why does Disney need to own everything that makes money?

What are your thoughts about this?

Me and my buddy freaked out when we heard this yesterday.

Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 11:27 AM Reply

I don't think it's so bad, Disney has a great reputation and history for creating great films, even today they are still able to bring out pretty cool movies. With all that money I'm sure they could create an excellent new Star Wars trilogy.

BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 12:13 PM Reply

I am actually happy to see the Star Wars franchise moving forward again. Lucas became a little whinny bitch after he wasn't hailed as a god for Ep 1-3. Hopefully with some strong writers the new SW movies can be great!

II II lI

BBS Signature
masheenH3ad
masheenH3ad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 12:43 PM Reply

If what the article said was true, then I think everything will be ok. With Lucas still on the creative team + the world wide brand of Disney they will be unstopable!

LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 03:14 PM Reply

I can already imagine a combination of Touchstone Pictures and the Lucasfilm logos at the beginning...

yinyangman
yinyangman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 05:08 PM Reply

The prequels ass-raped my childhood. So sequels, here we COME!!!

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 06:33 PM Reply

LOL at this.

I am so fucking tired of these Christopher Nolan fanboys who think he should direct every movie ever made from now on.

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 10/31/12 06:53 PM, Rummy0 wrote: Every character is going to be Jar Jar and it's going to have mickey mouse in it like fucking Kingdom Hearts.

Reasonable.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:49 PM Reply

God dammit Disney

Do kids really find that type of stuff funny?

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

I first heard about this awhile ago and knew it was going to be on the forums soon. Anyway, it reminds me of an article on Cracked that said reasons why Star Wars sequels would be worse than Star Wars prequels, because Expanded Universe material is really dumb, like the Emperor being cloned and him recruiting Luke, which pretty much undoes everything in the original movies. I have, in fact, heard, that Disney is probably not going to be adapting Expanded Universe material, thank God.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:00 PM Reply

Biiiiig fucking 'meh'. I'm sure I'll see them, as will everyone else who even vaguely likes Star Wars, and if they're good, great. But I really couldn't care less if they turn out bad. It's not like the property can sink any lower.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:04 PM Reply

I'm officially over Star Wars at this point. It's a nonentity to me.

k6ka
k6ka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:49 PM Reply

When episodes 1, 2, and 3 of Star Wars was released, people literally threw food in the movie theaters - it sucked so bad, people claimed that Star Wars "ruined my childhood". Everything made zero sense to episodes 4, 5, and 6. In the first three, R2D2 could fly! He could do all sorts of cool stuff, but in 4, 5, and 6, he walked feebly, information that was collected "earlier" was removed (To a memory wipe - which made no sense), he couldn't fly at all, he fell off a fighter into a swamp.... oh man... it sucked so bad.

Also, episode 6 ended the series quite well. There is no need for an episode 7. Unnecessary continuations ruin movies and are a complete waste of money. They are made only to try and make more money, not please the audience. I can already review episode 7 now...

"When Star Wars first came out, the reception was incredible. Thousands of copies were sold and more episodes went immediately into production. Sadly though, episodes 1, 2, and 3 were failures, as they made no sense to the storyline of 4, 5, and 6, and just reeked of a greedy cash grab. Episode 6, however, ended the series quite well, and I was satisfied. As soon as Disney bough Lucasfilms and began to produce episode 7, I could already tell this was just another attempt to make more money when you already have too much of it. My rating: 0/100."

Damn you Disney!

fmn335
fmn335
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:16 PM Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbH1SEsqiE Dont know if it double posted. Enjoy.

I love the full moon, I love it a lot. I can just stare at it for hours.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 10:27 AM Reply

All three of the prequels have at least a majority of critics who like them on RottenTomatoes. The prequels' scores are 57%, 67 and 80, respectively. I'm tired of people complaining about how these were the worst movies ever. The Phantom Menace has a score of 6.5 on the IMDB and just to put that into perspective, the highest score of any movie shown on "Mystery Science Theater 3000" (Phase IV) has the same score. Geez, do you realize the literally THOUSANDS of films that have lower scores than this?

Besides, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" has a 23% on RT, and no one goes on forever about how bad that was. The spinoff movies are much worse!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM Reply

I'm fairly neutral on the whole thing to be honest. It's not like the series isn't being milked already, with the The Clone Wars thing and the 3D re-release of the prequels. Sooner or later someone was going to try to make more sequels and I don't think it would've ended well anyhow.

But maybe I'm just not enough of a fan to rage over this.

At 11/4/12 10:27 AM, Ericho wrote: All three of the prequels have at least a majority of critics who like them on RottenTomatoes. The prequels' scores are 57%, 67 and 80, respectively. I'm tired of people complaining about how these were the worst movies ever. The Phantom Menace has a score of 6.5 on the IMDB

I've always thought the second film was terrible and the first was okay, but most people seem to think the other way around. I agree with the third one being good though.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Disney bought Star Wars Jan. 1st, 2013 @ 04:21 AM Reply

At 11/6/12 05:28 PM, Auz wrote: I've always thought the second film was terrible and the first was okay, but most people seem to think the other way around. I agree with the third one being good though.

Pretty much the same.

But while I enjoy all six films, I watched the RedLetterMedia review of the prequels. It was a fascinating analysis on how they could be been improved and on film-making in general.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature