DJM4C
DJM4C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-29 18:30:04 Reply

Hello all,

I have been making songs for a relatively long time, but I have never produced a dubstep track. I have gotten about 1/3 of the way through the said Dubstep song, but am looking for a collaboration to help me a bit. I am experienced with all other genres except dubstep, so hopefully someone will enlighten me. Pm me on Skype or Newgrounds if you're interested.

Thanks,

DJ M4C

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-29 18:45:39 Reply

why is it always about dubstep?

lel

DJM4C
DJM4C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-29 22:28:30 Reply

At 10/29/12 06:45 PM, Sequenced wrote: why is it always about dubstep?

Its not, in fact I have only made 1 dubstep song. The majority of my songs aren't remotely close to dubstep in fact. I just need help, because I want to make something that appeals to most people. Sadly, that's dubstep. And it's more towards the electro side anyway.

KJOokami
KJOokami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-29 22:42:00 Reply

No offense, but if you're making music for the sake of appealing to people, you may just be doing it wrong.

Make music that you want to make; not what you think people will enjoy the most.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-29 22:45:56 Reply

At 10/29/12 10:42 PM, KJOokami wrote: Make music that you want to make; not what you think people will enjoy the most.

That's his choice to make; not yours.

KJOokami
KJOokami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-29 22:48:38 Reply

At 10/29/12 10:45 PM, The-iMortal wrote: That's his choice to make; not yours.

Ya don't say?

I was giving advice. Nothing more. He clearly isn't very happy with "needing" to make a dubstep song, so I recommended that he make music that he actually wants to make instead of just trying to please people.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-29 22:50:28 Reply

At 10/29/12 10:48 PM, KJOokami wrote: I was giving advice. Nothing more. He clearly isn't very happy with "needing" to make a dubstep song, so I recommended that he make music that he actually wants to make instead of just trying to please people.

Apologies.

DJM4C
DJM4C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-29 23:28:00 Reply

At 10/29/12 10:50 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 10/29/12 10:48 PM, KJOokami wrote: I was giving advice. Nothing more. He clearly isn't very happy with "needing" to make a dubstep song, so I recommended that he make music that he actually wants to make instead of just trying to please people.
Apologies.

Don't feel bad, thanks for defending me, but honestly I want to branch out and learn how to make a different genre that I haven't really explored yet. And that just happens to be one of the most popular genres: dubstep. Sorry if what I said brought out a misconception.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-30 10:20:20 Reply

"Good" and "Dubstep" are two words that don't belong in the same sentence.

There.

I said it.

Now the question is, am I really serious or not? :P

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-30 10:46:01 Reply

At 10/30/12 10:20 AM, BrokenDeck wrote: "Good" and "Dubstep" are two words that don't belong in the same sentence.

There.

I said it.

Now the question is, am I really serious or not? :P

that isn't at all relevant, silly viligante mod

OP: I'm busy with my own projects atm but you can find almost all the info you need on this forum:

http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=8079a87606 5bd19364c4b937959823c5

GL, keep the beats deep and dark!

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-30 12:55:41 Reply

Yall are some haters. Dubstep rocks.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-30 15:25:43 Reply

At 10/30/12 12:55 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:

don't get me wrong, there are some good dubstep songs out there. It's just the fact that every new music artist wants to make a dubstep song hoping to gain fame out of just one song is starting to piss me off.

HOW U MAKE WUBWUBWUBWOWTOEWKKEWOTKAOWEKFOWEKFOKEL:REKGOERAKG

fart

lel

DJM4C
DJM4C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-30 16:44:18 Reply

At 10/30/12 03:25 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 10/30/12 12:55 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
don't get me wrong, there are some good dubstep songs out there. It's just the fact that every new music artist wants to make a dubstep song hoping to gain fame out of just one song is starting to piss me off.

HOW U MAKE WUBWUBWUBWOWTOEWKKEWOTKAOWEKFOWEKFOKEL:REKGOERAKG

fart

Actually, good dubstep for me is one whose bass is actually in harmony with the composure of the song, not just mindless car alarm sounds. Gain fame? Where exactly was that said? I just want to appeal to a wider audience by learning how to create songs of the only genre I haven't tried yet. Random accusations is what really pisses people off.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-30 16:53:26 Reply

At 10/29/12 06:30 PM, theMacATTack5 wrote: Hello all,

I have been making songs for a relatively long time, but I have never produced a dubstep track. I have gotten about 1/3 of the way through the said Dubstep song, but am looking for a collaboration to help me a bit. I am experienced with all other genres except dubstep, so hopefully someone will enlighten me. Pm me on Skype or Newgrounds if you're interested.

Thanks,

DJ M4C

I've attempted to make a dubstep song before, and it was fairly successful albeit there was a couple of issues I made where the intro was a bit too long (it was a personal choice) but it came off as an entirely different type of dubstep song. Now if you're looking for originality within dubstep, you're best bet would be to see what you like within songs, and then try your hand at it... however, if you're looking to make a fundamentally dubstep song, just look at a few guides on youtube...

So with that out the way, what specifically are you looking for in terms of help?

AndretheXLR8R
AndretheXLR8R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-30 22:25:22 Reply

Sounds like cancer to me, avoid this genre like the plague. The world needs less Wash Rinse Repeat Fart Machine music

WilliamSSA
WilliamSSA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-30 23:32:39 Reply

At 10/29/12 06:30 PM, theMacATTack5 wrote: Hello all,

Thanks,

DJ M4C

Well if you want go to my audio and lsiten all my dubtep tracks ;) hope you like it!

jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-31 02:15:54 Reply

so.

much .

stupidity.

everywhere.

midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-31 08:16:13 Reply

i think everyone who's serious about production should make at least one serious attempt at every prominent genre, even if they don't like the genre. it's fuckin' great practice - being out of your comfort zone is a great learning experience.

also

At 10/31/12 02:15 AM, jpbear wrote: so.

much .

stupidity.

everywhere.

pretty much this

p.s. i am gay

la-yinn
la-yinn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2012-10-31 08:47:49 Reply

At 10/31/12 02:15 AM, jpbear wrote: so.

much .

stupidity.

everywhere.

loving this so much atm

Latest tracks:
Sub Marines
Chemosound

GooGolRex
GooGolRex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-12 21:57:25 Reply

At 10/29/12 06:30 PM, DJM4C wrote: Hello all,

Thanks,

DJ M4C

https://soundcloud.com/mutateEDM <--- a link to all of my audio. I've been looking for someone to collaborate with, give it a listen and lemme know what you think

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 00:45:31 Reply

At 10/29/12 11:28 PM, DJM4C wrote:
At 10/29/12 10:50 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
Apologies.
Don't feel bad, thanks for defending me, but honestly I want to branch out and learn how to make a different genre that I haven't really explored yet. And that just happens to be one of the most popular genres: dubstep. Sorry if what I said brought out a misconception.

Foamy The Squirrel pretty much explains how "Brostep," the genre you're so willing to make for the internet sheeple is done.

You're welcome, you can thank me later.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 06:29:10 Reply

All this hate. :(

Newgrounds still has more cheesy techno / trance / dance songs than cheesy dubstep songs.

And, to be honest, it's easier for beginners to produce a bad techno track in FL Studio than a bad dubstep track. You just need a few steps:

1. Use the default kick, hihat, snare, clap
2. Don't turn that FL Limiter off and keep the preset!!
3. Sytrus. Choose HYPERSAW and EUROSAW and EUROEUROPOWER and whatnot presets.
4. Let every track peak, but especially the kick. Tadaa, sidechain-compression-like sound, thanks to the FL LIMITER!
Done.

For dubstep, on the other hand, you need one - two more steps:
5. Learn that a LFO can make the bass sound like WOBWOBWOB.
6. If you're of great talent, learn to use the magical AUTOMATION on that LFO!

So as I have clearly proven above, wearing pants in public should be avoided at all cost.

(Also, the Admins seem to love it, considering this new Chipstep category.)

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 11:41:34 Reply

Phew, my drunken rant didn't get posted as it got stuck on the "posting" thing.

To sum it up though, just because you don't like the genre because it's not as complex or something doesn't make it a bad genre. There will always bee an audience for it somewhere. These forums are becoming so elitist that it's ridiculous. Apparently if you don't make ambient/orchestral/metal or something so obscure that only your mother could love it then you're an inferior musician. At least that's the trend I've been seeing recently.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 11:43:04 Reply

At 2/13/13 11:41 AM, Envy wrote: always bee

Always Bee

Wat

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 11:56:19 Reply

To sum it up though, just because you don't like the genre because it's not as complex or something doesn't make it a bad genre. There will always bee an audience for it somewhere. These forums are becoming so elitist that it's ridiculous. Apparently if you don't make ambient/orchestral/metal or something so obscure that only your mother could love it then you're an inferior musician. At least that's the trend I've been seeing recently.

Too bad, I love drunken rants (as I do them myself quite often, too.).

Anyhow, yes, I also slowly get that impression. DJM4C just asks for some advice and people instantly question his chosen genre. I guess its time for me to pi.. ehrm.. buy EWQL (like every other talented producer!) and make serious business music, too. ;D

There is a lot of dubstepphobia on this forum.(And also a lot of homophobia.. I wonder if there is a connection!)

Seriously, now.. @ M4C: I added you on Skype, maybe I can help you out a bit, I've made some stuff recently that I haven't posted on NG yet. :)

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 16:02:29 Reply

At 2/13/13 11:56 AM, wandschrank wrote:

Anyhow, yes, I also slowly get that impression. DJM4C just asks for some advice and people instantly question his chosen genre. I guess its time for me to pi.. ehrm.. buy EWQL (like every other talented producer!) and make serious business music, too. ;D

There is a lot of dubstepphobia on this forum.(And also a lot of homophobia.. I wonder if there is a connection!)

Seriously, now.. @ M4C: I added you on Skype, maybe I can help you out a bit, I've made some stuff recently that I haven't posted on NG yet. :)

Dubstep opinions aside, OP asked for something specific and was berated for it. When you order a burger at a restaurant does your waiter berate you for wanting cheese because they don't like it? Probably not. If you have nothing helpful for OP then move along, there's no reason to start judging him on his preferences.

Wat

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 16:09:34 Reply

At 2/13/13 04:02 PM, Envy wrote:
Dubstep opinions aside, OP asked for something specific and was berated for it. When you order a burger at a restaurant does your waiter berate you for wanting cheese because they don't like it? Probably not. If you have nothing helpful for OP then move along, there's no reason to start judging him on his preferences.

Classic response from a classic NGr. I troll up arguments from time to time but I wouldn't go so far as to say "x genre is shit." That just makes you sound like a pretentious fuck twat. People love sounds for a reason and if you just "don't get it" then shut the fuck up and let the rest of humanity enjoy something that clearly hurts your but. No genre is shit. YOU are shit.

Unless it's ambient music. Fuck ambient music. Everyone that likes ambient is gay.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 17:26:13 Reply

dude we make cock jokes all the time wtf

also 2 month old thread gg

lel

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 17:37:11 Reply

At 2/13/13 05:26 PM, Sequenced wrote:

dude we make cock jokes all the time wtf

also 2 month old thread gg

Good, because I love a cock now and then. Although hen tastes better.

I, amongst others, did also not notice this thread was necro'd, damn.

DJM4C
DJM4C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Need a Good Dubstep Artist 2013-02-13 20:51:21 Reply

Wow am I surprised. I posted this about 3 months ago 0.o

Anyway, I know how to make dubstep, or at least the specific structure, although whenever I try I make electro, which is my favorite genre besides drum and bass. Thanks for the replies, but I don't think I need any help :)