Carr77
Carr77
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
How to change a movie into a game? Oct. 29th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM Reply

Hello!
Years ago I made and uploaded a game to Newgrounds. I just realised that I (by accident) uploaded the game as a movie. I can't change this. I tried in the settings :(
Who should I contact about this? I just want my game to be a game. Should I contact Fulp? I guess he has a lot of things to do, wouldn't it be better to contact someone else in the crew?

Thanks!

Check out my flash animations, and games. I've also made some bad music, and art ;)

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to How to change a movie into a game? Oct. 29th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

There are genre mods who can (I think) change the category of submissions. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an official list of them anywhere on the wiki so finding one on your own could be a pain.

I do know that some of them are frequent forum users, though, so if you sit tight either one of them will find this thread, or someone with an unofficial list of them will post some names you can PM about it.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to How to change a movie into a game? Oct. 29th, 2012 @ 03:58 PM Reply

I'm pretty sure you used to be able to change that, but I think that option disappeared some time ago.

It would be all right to contact Tom I suppose. He might not be able to get to your request fast, but I'm sure he'll read it eventually. Just have some patience.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 9 June 2014)

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to How to change a movie into a game? Oct. 29th, 2012 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 10/29/12 03:18 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: There are genre mods who can (I think) change the category of submissions. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an official list of them anywhere on the wiki so finding one on your own could be a pain.

I do know that some of them are frequent forum users, though, so if you sit tight either one of them will find this thread, or someone with an unofficial list of them will post some names you can PM about it.

We can change genres, ratings and tags, but we can not move something from the movies to the games category.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 9 June 2014)

BBS Signature