DoodleBin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Committed Games Programmer Wanted Oct. 29th, 2012 @ 07:47 AM Reply

Hi there Newgrounds.

The Current Situation

Recently, me and my team have been working on a rather hefty, 2D shooter called "Rupert's Zombie Diary". You can view the trailer here. Also, you are free to play the latest demo build here.

As you can see, there isn't much in the way of progress. This is where you come in. Unfortunately, our usual programmer has other commitments to attend to, and is unable to continue work on the game. We have a bucket load of artwork, and design for this game, just lying around gathering dust, and the demo does not do it justice.

What we want

We are looking for a programmer, that is fully committed to a full time project. Someone that is able to work well as part of a small team, and help out where they can. We're a very friendly bunch, and we're always looking to improve each other through good constructive criticism.

The current game is built in flash, but to keep the the agreements of our previous coder, the code must be started again from scratch. This means that the field is completely open. YOU think you can tackle the game in C# or C++, go for it! In fact, anyone offering something other than flash is more likely to be considered for the team up! You can get an idea of what is required from playing the demo or watching the trailer.

Other members of the team

On this project, you will be working with myself, (Designer and artist) and Morgan King (Musical Composer and additional level design). We're always around on skype, and consider this project a FULL TIME COMMITMENT. We spend at least 8 hours per day grooming the game. But, saying that, we don't bite!

Whats in this for you?

Unfortunately, this is a self funded project, and won't be making any money until the day its finished. Wether that be sponsorships, kickstarted funding ect... If you do join the team, you will be entitled to 40% of the games revenue. This also counts for if the game spars a kickstarter campaign to help with development. You get 40% of the cash pot!

Aims

We would love for this game to be made the way we imagine it. Both myself, and Morgan, are very emotionally attached to this game, due to hardships we have already overcome. If we finnish it as a flash game, great, we achieved what we set out to do. But! If we push ourselves a little further, aim to get that green light on steam, we would be building a profitable carrear together, that we could all enjoy.

Thanks for your time, and any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. doodlebin@scimitargames.net or, PM me, here.

Committed Games Programmer Wanted

VanDennGames
VanDennGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Committed Games Programmer Wanted Oct. 31st, 2012 @ 07:07 AM Reply

Very nice and well-designed game!

I would've loved to join your team but unfortunately I can't be a full-time programmer since I am still currently studying in college.

I would like to help out though from time to time if you do need it. :)

Follow me in Facebook!
Check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature
w7y7a7t7t
w7y7a7t7t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Committed Games Programmer Wanted Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:35 PM Reply

wow, that looks really nice! if i wasn't in the middle of something myself (and i though i possesed the skill to finish this lol) i would definitely want in on this!

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.