poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-01 17:31:03 Reply

At 11/1/12 05:27 PM, Saen wrote:
You seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Lol I'm pretty fucking sure I do son.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_problem

BBS Signature
JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-01 17:41:17 Reply

At 11/1/12 05:31 PM, poxpower wrote:

Boom.

BBS Signature
Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-01 21:08:15 Reply

Giving birth is painful but an abortion is extremely bad for your body. You can always give birth and set the baby up for adoption or you can just get them to stick a vacume cleaner or a bunch of sharp metal instruments in you to butcher it out. It's sort of like either spending the time to hit shut down on your computer and turn it off properly or hold down on the power button until it just goes black (which is really bad for the computer). Of course unlike the computer issue we are dealing with a human life and not a machine. I dont go back to my posts so if you have a disagreement and leave me an angry response I'm not going to reply. Have nice day

Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-01 21:13:33 Reply

We almost lost Steve jobs to abortion but he fell prey to cancer years after his birth instead.

Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-01 21:18:08 Reply

I love how he whips out Wikipedia and not a solid source.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-01 21:33:06 Reply

At 11/1/12 09:13 PM, Omegeist wrote: We almost lost Steve jobs to abortion but he fell prey to cancer years after his birth instead.

Try again. Steve Jobs is nothing more than the best snake oil salesman ever. Convinced a huge swath of the population that his low end crap was worth twice as much as superior products.

Not exactly a benefit to human kind.

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-01 21:38:40 Reply

You should probably read your source before you just mindlessly google a term.

Biologists do not have a problem classifying humans all into one species, because we don't experience reproductive isolation (e.g. a population of humans on earth and a population of humans on mars which never interbreed) leaving no potential for evolutionary divergence.

Or more simply, the definition of a species is an issue for some species which rapidly mutate or evolve even when reproduction isn't isolated (e.g. bacteria, protists), but not an issue for most others.

What you've presented is a completely irrelevant tangent which you clearly know nothing about.

Abortion is not a philosophical subject, it is a biological, ethical, and legal subject. Taking well established definition and diction and throwing shit into the wind doesn't accomplish anything.

You've failed to argue from a pro-life viewpoint and continued along the path of a douche bag flunked-out political science student.

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-01 21:44:26 Reply

At 11/1/12 09:38 PM, Saen wrote: a douche bag flunked-out political science student.

Boom.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-01 21:46:19 Reply

At 11/1/12 09:18 PM, Omegeist wrote:
I love how he whips out Wikipedia and not a solid source.

And the fact is, there are tons of journal articles on the subject matter, but he won't find one discussing a species problem of the human species. In fact the human species is a result of one of the most well established evolutionary timelines we have a compiled record(probably because we are interested in ourselves more than any other species ahaha).

But this is a discussion for another thread, however not within Newgrounds lol...

Warforger
Warforger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-02 00:41:05 Reply

At 11/1/12 09:33 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/1/12 09:13 PM, Omegeist wrote: We almost lost Steve jobs to abortion but he fell prey to cancer years after his birth instead.
Try again. Steve Jobs is nothing more than the best snake oil salesman ever. Convinced a huge swath of the population that his low end crap was worth twice as much as superior products.

Not exactly a benefit to human kind.

Well he got to the top of a corporation and made it the most dominant corporation out there. That's more than most people will do in their lifetime. But other than that he went to some college in Oregon for one semester, dropped out and started doing LSD. He smooched off his dorm mates and got a friend who knew how to code shit, and so he got all these idea's while doing LSD and that is how Apple was created. The rest is history. Just goes to show getting a really good College education is overrated. Bill Gates had a similar upbringing, but his was because he was just so goddamn good at computers that he couldn't bother with those general ed classes.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream. " - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-02 08:03:56 Reply

At 11/2/12 01:26 AM, Profanity wrote:
At 11/1/12 09:46 PM, Saen wrote: But this is a discussion for another thread, however not within Newgrounds lol...
Why not? Enlighten the masses, some of us haven't had the benefit of a comprehensive biology education.

Because of the knowledge gap. It takes a great amount of reading comprehension, familiarity with biological terms and concepts, and broad visualization of graphical data among other things to properly interpret a scientific journal entry. Most college students even some biology majors have difficulty understanding what a journal entry is actually saying, much less know what the purpose and goal of the study is.

As for abortion, all the biological terms you need to know are gametes, embryo, tissue, organs, organism/baby, differentiation, and the difference between an organism and organs or tissues. Whether a person believes that destroying human tissue or organs (opposed to an organism/baby) is murder may generally up to himself, however ridiculous that may be.

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-02 08:11:26 Reply

At 11/2/12 08:03 AM, Saen wrote:

:Whether a person believes that destroying human tissue or organs (opposed to an organism/baby) is murder may generally up to himself, however ridiculous that may be.

Whoops my mistake. Killing tissues or organs within the human body is not legally considered murder. So is guess blasphemy/blasphemous is another term we can use instead of murder.

Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-02 14:14:26 Reply

At 11/1/12 09:38 PM, Saen wrote: Biologists do not have a problem classifying humans all into one species, because we don't experience reproductive isolation (e.g. a population of humans on earth and a population of humans on mars which never interbreed) leaving no potential for evolutionary divergence.

Some biologists do.

We did experience reproductive isolation ever since we diverged some 100,000 years ago across the planet. The Australian aborigines were isolated for 50,000 years. And, there is speculation that European cro-magnons interbred with European Neanderthals. Each race could conceivably be divided into different subspecies of Homo Sapiens, but this isn't usually done because of the bad publicity it would garner.

@some unkind moderator altered the height of my signature http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Fanon_Wiki If you do acid, wait an hour before swimming

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-02 14:40:02 Reply

At 11/2/12 02:14 PM, Cordyceps wrote: We did experience reproductive isolation ever since we diverged some 100,000 years ago across the planet.

So you're saying this wholly supports abortion?

Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-02 16:26:22 Reply

At 11/2/12 02:40 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 11/2/12 02:14 PM, Cordyceps wrote: We did experience reproductive isolation ever since we diverged some 100,000 years ago across the planet.
So you're saying this wholly supports abortion?

Hunnert percent.

@some unkind moderator altered the height of my signature http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Fanon_Wiki If you do acid, wait an hour before swimming

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-02 19:27:59 Reply

Shame he wasnt aborted

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-02 20:53:07 Reply

At 11/1/12 09:46 PM, Saen wrote:
And the fact is, there are tons of journal articles on the subject matter, but he won't find one discussing a species problem of the human species.

Lol you just don't get it do you.

Answer this question then: How many grains of sand does it take to make a beach?

GET IT NOW?
haha.

I don't understand why this is hard for you to grasp.

BBS Signature
Memorize
Memorize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-03 11:18:01 Reply

At 11/2/12 08:53 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 11/1/12 09:46 PM, Saen wrote:
And the fact is, there are tons of journal articles on the subject matter, but he won't find one discussing a species problem of the human species.
I don't understand why this is hard for you to grasp.

What I find, personally, hard to grasp is why people like you still exist.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-03 12:02:28 Reply

At 11/2/12 08:53 PM, poxpower wrote: Answer this question then: How many grains of sand does it take to make a beach?

Because Mitt Romney is a Libyan hurricane marathon that wants to give free phones to the poor.

Wait... What was this thread about again?

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-03 15:05:56 Reply

Pros:

-if the family is poor and they can't afford to raise a baby - then again, they can give it for adoption

-the less people nowadays, the better

-if the family/mother/etc. is terrible, the kid won't have a miserable life

-it's free will; do whatever you want. the only thing making abortion evil is morals that society came up with

Cons:

-it's usually teen bitches that get abortion, so they need to learn to be responsible and raise the damn thing

-any child can possibly be the next Einstein or Alexander the Great or whatever; it's killing potential

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-03 15:15:57 Reply

At 11/3/12 03:05 PM, jjjkuk wrote: -it's usually teen bitches that get abortion, so they need to learn to be responsible and raise the damn thing

Actually, I saw a recent study that showed the majority of abortions are done by career women in their 30s and 40s. Responsible enough to rise up the ladder, but not responsible enough to fork out for a rubber...

-any child can possibly be the next Einstein or Alexander the Great or whatever; it's killing potential

And that same abortee could grow up to be the next Hitler, Stalin, Dahmer, or Limbaugh. Frankly, abortions are doing the world a great public service by keeping these serial killers off of our planet.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-03 16:04:29 Reply

It seems like the right thing to do is to let the woman decide, but that probably means you are for abortion. At first, I thought it would always be a bad idea to not have abortion, but then again, it would be a great idea to adopt that kid. I think I myself am going to say it should probably be left up to the woman, so I guess that means I'm for it, or at least think it shouldn't be illegal.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-03 16:21:21 Reply

At 11/3/12 03:15 PM, Camarohusky wrote: And that same abortee could grow up to be the next Hitler, Stalin, Dahmer, or Limbaugh. Frankly, abortions are doing the world a great public service by keeping these serial killers off of our planet.

Didn't think about that. It goes both ways.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Silverdust
Silverdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-03 18:47:46 Reply

As a female who is not planning to have children of my own, I feel that if given the option of abortion in the case of an accidental pregnancy (or God forbid rape), I would ultimately go through with it. But ironically, I am vehemently against the idea in terms of morality. Personally, I believe killing a baby during the first stages of cognitive senses (which is difficult to measure) in every case besides the life of the mother is murder. That said, I also believe it is irrational to assume that cases such as rape and other complications should force the woman into giving birth.

Honestly, I would like to see some sort of alternative where the baby can be removed safely and still grow into a proper human being perhaps in a laboratory or hospital. I think this route would be ideal - and would certainly satisfy both sides. I am not sufficiently educated in the medical world, so I'm not sure how close we could be to something like this.

So my position is basically one of hypocrisy. I believe abortion is wrong, but also that it should be allowed just in case I am in a tricky situation. As horrible as it sounds, one "human" life does not make a significant impact on the future relative to all human beings who have been born. And, I certainly will not sacrifice my body for someone else's actions.

Note: Cases of irresponsibility, including with myself, should not justify abortion. I would not abort based on my own irresponsibility.

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9 "We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature
Osyris
Osyris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-05 23:07:18 Reply

why should there be a debate, the woman who spawns it should decide it's fate and her only

making abortion illegal because of "god" is bullshit.

BBS Signature
Memorize
Memorize
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Animator
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-06 10:11:50 Reply

At 11/5/12 11:07 PM, Osyris wrote: why should there be a debate, the woman who spawns it should decide it's fate and her only

making abortion illegal because of "god" is bullshit.

Stop bringing up religion, you worthless morons.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-06 10:45:51 Reply

At 11/6/12 10:11 AM, Memorize wrote: Stop bringing up religion, you worthless morons.

Stop trying to pretend you don't like abortion for non-religious reasons, you worthless moron.

Verspar
Verspar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-06 12:07:15 Reply

what I know about abortion (and gay marriages and the likes) is that it is a social issue, not a legal issue. I am deeply opposed to abortion to some extent. Then again, I'm against smoking, but my response is to not smoke; I don't try to rid smoking as a whole. Why? Because smoking is a social issue. At first I was thinking getting rid of abortion, but thought, well the issue is not that abortion exists, the issue is that there are people who need an abortion.

Whether or not I agree with said social issue, I realize that it shouldn't be a problem in the government.

You need an abortion? Okay.
This guy doesn't like abortion? Then he shouldn't get an abortion.
He doesn't want you to get one? Then he needs to mind his own business.
He wants to get rid of the need for abortion? Okay, we make condoms and birth control.
He doesn't accept the condoms and birth control? Then he needs to find something better.
He can only think of ridding abortion as an option? He didn't really think deeply enough did he?

Tankdown
Tankdown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-06 19:33:28 Reply

Personally...I believe the fetus is alive and abortion should be allowed.

My logic has a tendency of getting me getting stuck in the middle.

Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to I'm torn on abortion. Help me 2012-11-07 10:58:26 Reply

At 10/29/12 12:56 AM, T3XT wrote: What's bad/good about abortion Newgrounds?

What a women does with her body is nothing to do with you unless you contributed some sperm into it.