New Topic Respond to this Topic
kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Need someone to make music! 2012-10-28 15:21:50 Reply

Hello, I'm an animator who's just starting out. I haven't even done my first animation yet, but I'm working on it. I have everything I need to make one. TVPaint Standard, a plot, and (Most of) a storyboard. I need one crucial thing for my animation, though: A soundtrack. I need someone to compose a song that I can use for my animation, as it will be a music video of sorts. When I finish the animation, I will send it to whoever is willing to make me music and then I'll leave it up to them to try and sync something to it.

Of course, I don't have to finish the animation then find a song, as that will be hard. So, if someone could just discuss things with me a bit and say, "Yes, I'll do it!" that would be great. I haven't planned the whole animation down to the last detail yet, but I have a decent idea of what it will be about: An artist and his creation. I'm going to make a music video about an artist who's paintings and drawings come to life one day out of no where. His first bit of living art is going to be either a dragon, fox or something else with a semi-asian feel to it despite the fact that it will not be taking place in asia all that much.

I find it a lot easier to sync something to the music itself, so can someone make a song to my request? I want the following in my song...

1. A flighty, kind of 'dreamy' or 'dreamlike' feel to it. Imagine Owl City's songs, like Alligator Sky, and take inspiration from that.

2. Something with little drops and such here and there, so that I can sync some animation to it a bit more fluidly. For example: as the dragon/fox jumps and starts flying in the air and carries the frightened artist with him, there is a change in pitch or something.

3. A slow, drawn out ending to the song that will let someone know that the animation is over. I want it to, like all songs, get quieter and quieter until it fades into silence.

I promise to give you full credit, and I will never break that promise. So, will anyone help me?

KITTENS ROCK!!! :3

theacronyms
theacronyms
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Need someone to make music! 2012-10-28 15:42:19 Reply

I can help you. Why don't you send me a PM with your ideas?

kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Need someone to make music! 2012-10-28 15:53:47 Reply

At 10/28/12 03:42 PM, theacronyms wrote: I can help you. Why don't you send me a PM with your ideas?

Sweet! Will do, bud!

Need someone to make music!

JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Need someone to make music! 2012-10-28 16:36:13 Reply

Would like to help you as well if it's alright. ^^

kittybat556
kittybat556
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Animator
Response to Need someone to make music! 2012-10-28 16:40:19 Reply

At 10/28/12 04:36 PM, JJM121 wrote: Would like to help you as well if it's alright. ^^

Well, maybe you two can work together! I'd like this song ASAP, and two heads are better than one!

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Need someone to make music! 2012-10-28 18:26:31 Reply

Looks like you have found some people for your animation.
Oh and I advise you let only one person score it unless there's an obvious break in the plot at some point half way through. Then they could do half each, and their own styles/sounds.
Have fun!

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
tomiken
tomiken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Need someone to make music! 2012-12-05 16:23:22 Reply

Hi there!. I´m looking exactly for the opposite... I have a song and looking for someone to make the musical video that could be as simple as a it can be, with a sketchy-story board, slighly animated style, monochromatic even maybe... but it has to be kind of dark and heavy since the music is like electronic dance music mixed with heavy rock and the subject of the song is quite sensitive, but never explicit. This material is to be sent to record labels in the form of an EPK (Electronic Press Kit) and so far it´s just for the love of art, but who knows what this kind of long distance collaborations could bring to us all...

I can make that dreamed song or soundtrack you´re asking for with an absolute satisfaction guaranteed and you can make my video in exchange. If you already got your song and don´t need it anymore, well, we can still consider to work togheter for another future project.