Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:47 AM

Living in japan would kick ass. I would love to live there for a couple years.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Movie Buff
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:50 AM

At 10/30/12 12:39 AM, Tarah wrote:
At 10/26/12 10:55 PM, II2none wrote:
I've tried to do the whole pros and cons thing with the whole Okinawa issue. Holy fuck is it not worth it.

That is a lot of cons but can you really be way from your significant other for that long as well? I know there is technology but four years is a long time to be away from someone.

I lived in Misawa Air Base on the mainland as a kid and it was a pretty unique experience. You won't be alone there since there are tons of military families living there as well as other bases in the region but it certainly a different view of the world.

And you are right about the native Okinawans not liking the presence of Americans there. The native Japanese on the main islands are more tolerant and friendly to American personnel.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:57 AM

Yeah the fact that your on the base and kind of have to deal with their restrictions is a major bummer, I'd like to think the land of the free's base was setting an example by letting it's residents roam more freely but what you described sounds like some kind of boarding school =(

What are the alternatives? Could he possibly, IDK, be stationed somewhere in SD? Or IDK, get a job in SD that doesn't require him to travel? Remember this isn't necessarily about either one of you more then it's about the both of you. I understand you don't want to go and he does, perhaps both of you will have to sacrifice somehow wether it be you going, him not going and finding a job down here or something else I'm not thinking of.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM

At 10/27/12 08:20 AM, Rummy0 wrote: U wono mov there cause ur a weebu uw finks Japon is kowai.

Plus they have good noodles there. :3

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
You popped her tit!

BBS Signature
Synde
Synde
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM

At 10/30/12 01:47 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Living in japan would kick ass. I would love to live there for a couple years.

weeaboo

cUNT DESTROYER

Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:07 AM

At 10/30/12 02:05 AM, Synde wrote:
At 10/30/12 01:47 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Living in japan would kick ass. I would love to live there for a couple years.
weeaboo

illegal text.

Moving to Japan?

What a beautiful Duwang!

BBS Signature
Synde
Synde
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:09 AM

At 10/30/12 02:07 AM, Weeaboo wrote:
At 10/30/12 02:05 AM, Synde wrote:
weeaboo
illegal text.

ew lol one of them

anime is shit loser get a clue ur parents should disown you for chronic retardation syndrome

cUNT DESTROYER

tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:12 AM

At 10/30/12 01:35 AM, Shauna wrote: In general, all army forces have high suicide rates. The ones forced to a place they don't understand, like Japan, of course have depression issues. Going home during the holidays will obviously be expensive, go experience a different country for a few years, YOU WILL NEVER GET TO EVER DO IT AGAIN. EVER. It's a once in a lifetime experience. GO DO IT. You're not trapped there, worst comes to worse, you fly home and never look back. Go.

I think you missed the part where I hate traveling, see no point in visiting in other countries, and I love living in a bubble. It's expensive as fuck other there so there's really no point in trying to "explore/experience" the surrounding area. I don't care if I'll never get this chance again, I don't like anything about Japan except the food and I could get the white washed version here.

I also hate military wives. They're all whore or nothing but baby factories. I've lived at the base I live at now for a whole year now and I've heard 15 different stories of wives cheating, husbands cheating, every other wife getting pregnant, or they're super religious. I've tried my hardest to make friends out here but it's impossible. I don't tolerate cheaters or catty cunts.

Moving to a base that is basically like this one expect across a fucking ocean and instead of 3 hours away from my family/friends, I'm now a 12 hour plane ride that costs $2,000.

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:16 AM

At 10/30/12 01:50 AM, reverend wrote: That is a lot of cons but can you really be way from your significant other for that long as well? I know there is technology but four years is a long time to be away from someone.

My husband basically said if I don't go, he won't go. I don't think either of us could do a long distance relationship for 4 years or spending $2k every year just to see each other for a little bit.

At 10/30/12 01:57 AM, DarkMatter wrote: What are the alternatives? Could he possibly, IDK, be stationed somewhere in SD? Or IDK, get a job in SD that doesn't require him to travel? Remember this isn't necessarily about either one of you more then it's about the both of you. I understand you don't want to go and he does, perhaps both of you will have to sacrifice somehow wether it be you going, him not going and finding a job down here or something else I'm not thinking of.

Our options right now are that he denies orders and gets new ones which his high ups basically said would fuck us even harder and probably put us somewhere shitty. We were originally trying to stay in San Diego but supposedly all the 3 bases in SD county are "full".

So the other three options are either he changes jobs, goes back to school, and gets randomly placed at a station (another risk), he changes to the Navy/Air Force/Army but can get randomly stationed, or he gets out of the military all together. No matter what, it's really difficult and hard for us. :/

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:22 AM

At 10/30/12 02:12 AM, Tarah wrote:
I think you missed the part where I hate traveling, see no point in visiting in other countries, and I love living in a bubble. It's expensive as fuck other there so there's really no point in trying to "explore/experience" the surrounding area. I don't care if I'll never get this chance again, I don't like anything about Japan except the food and I could get the white washed version here.

If that's what your husband wants, you shouldn't stop him from his dreams. Give him a chance to do what he wants.

People don't like change, I call those people ignorant. There's more to life than what you know, and yes, the bases are full of liars and cheaters, I simply just didn't talk to them. That's all I gotta say. Don't be so pessimistic, he will do things for you in return when you need it most.

Signature made by Squidbit <3
Also known as MissAllanPoe
BOOP | Wonna Buy A Ghost? | DUCKSPIN

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 03:15 AM

At 10/30/12 02:22 AM, Shauna wrote: If that's what your husband wants, you shouldn't stop him from his dreams. Give him a chance to do what he wants.

You didn't read the thread did you? He doesn't want to go either. He wants to re-enlist, but he doesn't want to spend 4 years in Japan. He's had friends get stationed there and kill themselves. Plus, he's been told what I've been told by Marines he's known for years and that have been stationed there so everything I stated isn't false.

People don't like change, I call those people ignorant. There's more to life than what you know, and yes, the bases are full of liars and cheaters, I simply just didn't talk to them. That's all I gotta say. Don't be so pessimistic, he will do things for you in return when you need it most.

I've left my bubble to live out here, I've traveled to different states, and I've gives certain things chances. I don't understand how if I tried it and hated it that makes me ignorant. My husband also likes our bubble, and he's been to Afghanistan and all over the world and he hates it.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 08:49 AM

I wouldn't pass up the chance to live in another country for a while. There's nothing particularly bad about Japan either.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 08:59 AM

At 10/30/12 08:49 AM, Jackho wrote: I wouldn't pass up the chance to live in another country for a while. There's nothing particularly bad about Japan either.

Disregard that, I suck cocks. The whole thing sounds pretty rubbish actually. You'll find racism everywhere so I wouldn't be bothered by that but paying out the ass for something you'll both hate is hardly worth it. Why is he even considering it if it'll be that shitty?

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 11:31 AM

Sorry, shitty ipod makes ng slow and inconvinient to read so if this was already answered I'm sorry.
Could he NOT reenlist in the Marines if neither of you want to move? Or is it too late?
If it's gonna be so shit I don't think either of you should move.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

Dating people in the military? It's 90% of the time a horrible idea.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

But I'm just saying if my husband was moving to Japan, I would go with him just to become the king of anime

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

At 10/26/12 11:22 PM, Darthdenim wrote: The chinese like to stand around and watch little kids being beaten by thugs.

Actually, you hate everyone so it's not like you even care about the kid in the first place.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Baby-Bottle-Bob
Baby-Bottle-Bob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

Why NOT go to Japan?

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:35 PM

At 10/26/12 10:53 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Go, and take me with you.

I'll fit in your suitcase.

This, I'll slit my throat if you don't.

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:37 PM

Bah, you better start learning Japanese if you're seriously going to go. And learn their customs, last thing you want is people looking at you funny.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:40 PM

At 10/30/12 01:37 PM, sweet21 wrote: Bah, you better start learning Japanese if you're seriously going to go. And learn their customs, last thing you want is people looking at you funny.

Oh no!! A white devil!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:52 PM

At 10/30/12 01:40 PM, tsukikomi wrote: Oh no!! A white devil!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giajins may as well mean stupid in Japanese, they sure as hell treat you like you are.
-No talking on the bus
-Deep bow for important figures, for friends or locals a head nod is good enough
-no tips. You dont tip in Japan
-slurp noodles. SLURP THEM
-if you live in an apartment or have close neighbors, whisper, the walls are paper thin, they can hear everything.
-The shops are claustrophobic as shit. In fact if you're in a wheelchair, you can enter most of them.
-If you're tall, you're fucked.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:54 PM

At 10/30/12 01:52 PM, sweet21 wrote: -The shops are claustrophobic as shit. In fact if you're in a wheelchair, you *can't* enter most of them.

Can't* fixed.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Ghombeat
Ghombeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:23 PM

It doesn't worth to go, 12 cons against 3 pros isn't really a good thing, better to remain in the U.S.

A wild lurker appeared!

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:54 PM

At 10/30/12 12:22 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 10/26/12 11:22 PM, Darthdenim wrote: The chinese like to stand around and watch little kids being beaten by thugs.
Actually, you hate everyone so it's not like you even care about the kid in the first place.

I was just pointing out that the chinese government has succeeded in making most of the population of China dead inside.

And what is this rubbish about how I hate everyone?

tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 04:43 PM

At 10/30/12 08:59 AM, Jackho wrote:

Why is he even considering it if it'll be that shitty?

Because he didn't have a choice. He kind of got fucked over and they said all of the 3 stations of choice he chose are "full" so they gave him Japan.

At 10/30/12 11:31 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: Could he NOT reenlist in the Marines if neither of you want to move? Or is it too late?

He really does want to re-enlist but not go to Japan. If he got out , we'd kind of be fucked because it'd be in December. We got a little too comfortable and expected him to get re-enlisted to San Diego so we don't have anything saved up.

At 10/30/12 09:32 AM, MonthlyVolatile wrote: No they don't, what the

In and around both bases in Japan they do. They've been protesting and trying to get the base taken down for years now. Apparently since there's nothing to do in Japan or go out and do, almost every Marine becomes an alcoholic. Rowdy drunken Marines can piss off an population, especially when they rape an 8 year old or whatever she was.

At 10/30/12 11:26 AM, SkeletonSoldier wrote: Try two weeks,if it's unbearable go back.

I appreciate the advice but to me, that'd be the most fucked up thing in the world to go to Japan with my husband, find out I hate it (I honestly 100% know I will) and be like, "Sorry dude, this place sucks, I'm going back home." And just leave him over there by himself for 4 whole years.

Honestly, if it was 1 or maybe a 2 year stint, I might consider it. But 4 years is a long long long time.

He's going to try his hardest to figure out another option but it seems like no matter what, all the options for staying in the military take the sediment of playing russian roulette with what station he'll get.

it's like a 360 fuck fest

BBS Signature
YenMuffin
YenMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 06:05 PM

Just move to Japan with him.
Sure it'll suck to some degree but Newgrounds will still be here and it's not permanent, you'll be back eventually.

Gamertag: YenMuffin || Minecraft ID: YenMuffin || Noticing a pattern? Pikachu.

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

At 10/30/12 03:15 AM, Tarah wrote:
I've left my bubble to live out here, I've traveled to different states, and I've gives certain things chances. I don't understand how if I tried it and hated it that makes me ignorant. My husband also likes our bubble, and he's been to Afghanistan and all over the world and he hates it.

Sounds like re-enlisting is a fantastic idea then lmfao. He sounds like he's making stupid choices then

BBS Signature
Shauna
Shauna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

At 10/30/12 11:31 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: Could he NOT reenlist in the Marines if neither of you want to move? Or is it too late?
He really does want to re-enlist but not go to Japan. If he got out , we'd kind of be fucked because it'd be in December. We got a little too comfortable and expected him to get re-enlisted to San Diego so we don't have anything saved up.

ecially when they rape an 8 year old or whatever she was.

People don't get to choose where they go half the time. He doesn't have any where near the seniority to do so. Half the time they get it, half the time they don't. If I were you I'd tell your husband just to..you know..not do it.

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Moving to Japan? Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

At 10/30/12 10:12 PM, Shauna wrote: People don't get to choose where they go half the time. He doesn't have anywhere near the seniority to do so. Half the time they get it, half the time they don't. If I were you I'd tell your husband just to..you know..not do it.

If it's your first time re-enlisting in the Marines, no matter what rank you are, you get station of preference. The problem is the Marines Corps are downsizing so Marines are getting kicked out or just out altogether. The only bonus/incentive Marines get now are to chose duty stations, they don't get a bonus check. With his rank, he does get choice so the reason I'm 'whining' is because it's somewhat unfair. I know the military is never fair.

It's just supposedly all his stations are "full" and Okinawa is always in need of bodies. He just got bad luck.

Also, just because he doesn't like traveling and likes to live in a bubble like me doesn't mean he's stupid choices. You're pretty ignorant if just because someone doesn't like traveling or getting stationed in a shitty place means they're making stupid choices.

Seriously, someone can love their job but they don't have to love every bit of it. My husbands done tons of shit he didn't want to have to do or didn't want to go do but he still loves his job. I understand you have your cunt wet for Japan but holy fuck, for someone boasting about traveling and experiencing new things/place, you're extremely close minded to others with conflicting opinions.

BBS Signature