New Topic Respond to this Topic
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:35 PM Reply

Anyone watching the benefit concert? Pretty fucking haunting. Also making me pretty proud to be from New Jersey.

Now start donating, bitches.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Movie Buff
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 11/2/12 08:35 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Anyone watching the benefit concert? Pretty fucking haunting. Also making me pretty proud to be from New Jersey.

Wasn't that last night? By haunting I bet you mean depressing as fuck :(

I have a penis

BBS Signature
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 11/2/12 09:30 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 11/2/12 08:35 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Anyone watching the benefit concert? Pretty fucking haunting. Also making me pretty proud to be from New Jersey.

Wasn't that last night? By haunting I bet you mean depressing as fuck :(

Maybe it was, idk. I came home from work and it was on.

And yes, pretty damn depressing.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Finally heard from a couple of friends. One in Conneaut, Ohio (about an hour east of Cleveland) just got power back. The second friend, who is currently in Delaware, I am more worried about, as she is blind and has a guide dog. Her power's out so she's staying with a relative. Said relative's power is also out, but I'm happy she is not alone.

My parents came back from a vacation to Aruba today. Mom said that while they were there, they met a woman from NYC's East Village. Apparently her apartment was OK, but she lives on the 24th floor so she's not getting up there anytime soon.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:03 PM Reply

I know this is going to sound crude, but I saw a report on Wikipedia that said that 146 people had died so far, but then my mom and brother said that only 106 people had died, so I took this as good news. It's still nothing compared to Hurricane Katrina. At least we managed to show that we've apparently learned something and the death rate's nowhere near as high. I know that might not sound like much, but NYC has a much larger population than New Orleans, so it's a lot lower per person.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 3rd, 2012 @ 10:33 PM Reply

looking at the news report, i guess the main reason why the damage caused was extensive is because of the location where the storm hit. not many hurricanes can maintain that strength as they travel north, and the path was quite unusual. those people might experience cold weather frequently but certainly they don't get as too many hurricanes, and thus they were not fully prepared when the storm came. otherwise, i am sure that there would not be that many floodings and casualities, since the storm was not that strong. (we are normally affected by several hurricanes in a year but still society is not disrupted)

this incident should highlight the importance of precautionary measures agianst hurricane, even when the area is not usually affected by one. you can't stay lucky forever.

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

pumpernicklegawd
pumpernicklegawd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Melancholy
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 11/3/12 12:08 AM, Shockoach wrote: how's the weather up there? LOL

This made me lol just a tad bit.

Just when you think you have all the answers i change the questions

BBS Signature
Fuoco
Fuoco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 05:18 PM Reply

And now there's another storm expected to hit the east coast.

Now, seriously guys.. I think someone up there really hates you.

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature
saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 4th, 2012 @ 05:21 PM Reply

I survived Sandy 2012 and I didn't even get any pussy

VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 5th, 2012 @ 02:35 AM Reply

At 11/4/12 05:18 PM, Fuoco wrote: And now there's another storm expected to hit the east coast.

Now, seriously guys.. I think someone up there really hates you.

Well, it did flatten Atlantic City and stopped the New York Stock Exchange for two days (while all around, darkness and cold), perhaps this is 'Divine Judgement'? I had 6 days without electric or power. Of course, the generator didn't show up till day 6. There is nothing that is quite as disheartening, as the constant cold.

Folks are driving from the Bronx, to as far south as Great Adventure, just to get a tank of gas! The military tried giving out 10 gallons apiece to civvies, but that shit stopped the same day it started! Last I heard, it was for emergency workers only.... I had heard the Feds were going to distribute 300$ checks to those effected the worst, but that was a Twitter hoax thing that got some radio air-time, and was glumly redacted today.

This storm was different than Katrina. If the Tri-State area had an infrastructure like New Orleans, it would have been much worse. As it is, whole projects near the coastline are just not there anymore. There are still over a million people without power or utilities of any kind. Robocalls in NJ notify ppl who still have landlines of where the refugee/warming centers are.

Tonight, it will go below freezing, and on top of 6 days without heat, things are getting very desperate - whole towns are still without power!! I'll post some pics in a day or two if this thread still lives. As more and more ppl get back on the grid, this is the only way we'll know what's going on! With gas short, it's hard to figure out what's happening from town to town.

Most of NJ is now back on the ration system. If the last number of your license plate ends with an odd number, you can get gas Nov. 1, 3, 5.... I was a little shit when they did that during the energy crisis.

Trying to get real useful info from the radio was a real drag :( I did see Marine 1 fly over with Obama and Christie on board, but other than that, I've seen no assistance from outside of local towns and imported linemen and tree-cutters (and I thank God for their service). Another lesson learned from Katrina: The Lord helps those who help themselves.

Also I heard that all spoiled food must go to some kind of recycling instead of the usual trash.... there's so much, it could become a health problem if tossed normally. No word of packs of stray dogs yet, but looting pretty much happened the day after it hit. Haven't heard much of other crimes, but I'm sure there are by now; it's begun to get desperate.

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 5th, 2012 @ 03:41 AM Reply

I find it funny that a bunch of guys meditated to stop it, and it messed shit up anyway

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 5th, 2012 @ 03:47 AM Reply

At 11/4/12 05:21 PM, saqwert wrote: I survived Sandy 2012 and I didn't even get any pussy

I'm sure there are some shell shocked bitches just soaking wet.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Movie Buff
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 02:09 PM Reply

It's been about two weeks since the hurricane. How's everyone doing so far?

I have a penis

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 05:19 PM Reply

Hope everyone had plenty of flashlights, I know I did. :P

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
GoryBlizzard
GoryBlizzard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 05:27 PM Reply

I'm part of a special crew partially responsible for the Sandy recovery response operation. There are parts of NYC that are still suffering badly and look worse than combat areas in Afghanistan. Obama is set to come here on Thursday to watch us assist residents in the rebuilding effort and get his own firsthand look at what happened here.

'Cause you're feeding the fire within me...
Twitter | NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM Reply

silly people living on the coast now you know better living near the ocean.

VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 03:43 AM Reply

At 11/13/12 05:28 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: silly people living on the coast now you know better living near the ocean.

Truer words were never spoken. There's shit-tons more salt water than earth, and where do we choose to live? A few hundred miles out to sea, just North of D.C., there's an ancient rotted swamp 20 feet thick, sitting on a steep angle. If a quake hits it, it could slide off its stone perch, causing a displacement tsunami!

I mean, never mind the fact that Antarctica isn't even a true continent, just piece of rock sitting atop a fresh water icicle :| It's one of the biggest lies ever perpetuated in history, or so my science teacher and others have said, in serious one-on-one pre-internet conversations, that virtually no mainstream drone would dare to believe.

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature