00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hurricane Sandy discussion thread

11,427 Views | 109 Replies

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 21:27:55

FUCK! I just lost a aunt to this fucking storm.

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 21:51:21

Subways are apparently flooding. The fucking NYSE floor is under three feet of water. You want to know how to cripple a city like NYC? Take notes from this storm, and then make sure the next storm landfalls as a CAT 3 or higher, not a CAT 1.

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 22:04:28

This is lame. I expected destructive gale force winds. My power hasn't even gone out. This storm's weaker than Irene.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 22:07:08

At 10/25/12 08:32 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 10/25/12 08:30 PM, Grub-Xer0 wrote: I just hope it doesn't come to New York, I do not want to stay late at work.
Where do you work some kind of super market?

I work for the City of New York.

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 22:11:49

I went outside just a few seconds tonight, in my little town of the north, and the wind is heavy, continuous and with such a powerful oppressive feel. I can't imagine how terrible it is down in the south. I wish the better luck to Americans who will be and are already being hit very hard by the hurricane Sandy.

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 22:17:25

It is pretty crazy out there, I mean my dad have to leave for work at Sheraton yesterday because of the hurricane and with the guests having to stay among other things, it tells you something.

Granted it wasn't as bad a New Jersey but still, the wind can blow away David Wells.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 22:18:56

At 10/29/12 10:04 PM, Chdonga wrote: This is lame. I expected destructive gale force winds. My power hasn't even gone out. This storm's weaker than Irene.

That's how I feel but a few people in other places are dead so I reckon we just aren't getting the bad part.

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 22:22:59

Winds have reached up to 100 mph out here, my mom and stranded and a lot of tunnels are flooded and closed. Same with the subways.

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 22:43:55

At 10/29/12 10:18 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Indeed, I wish that everyone could stay safe, over here the winds been awful and I keep stepping outside to get a good sense of what things are like, I just can't imagine what the people down there are feeling if here in Southern Ontario were getting such severe wind storms. Hopefully it doesn't end up being overly serious and passes within a day or two at the most.

Can't believe I've forgot to mention Haiti, also hit very hard by the hurricane and probably harder because of the actual situation, and Cuba. Our thoughts be with you.

But these last two will be hit harder thant the US. Reports said 51 deaths in Haiti so far. That's just terrible...

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 23:30:09

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 23:32:36

I'm worried about my husband traveling to and from the overnight shift at his job. We have supplies, but I'd rather not ride this out alone, you know?

Wind and rain are crazy here. Still have power, but the worst is yet to come. Some of the subways are already flooded.

Gonna try and get some sleep. If I don't have power, I need to call my boss tomorrow (I work remotely) so he knows everyone is accounted for.

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 23:33:43

At 10/29/12 11:32 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: worrying about her husband

Rydia is married? DAMMIT.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-29 23:52:27

... And I've blocked off the bridges and tunnels too.

If one person tries to leave the city, you all die!

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9

"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 01:02:46

rip bees we hardly knew or liked ye

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 01:05:06

Ha Ha Sandy didn't touch Virginia

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 01:06:18

Geez, I feel kind of bad for the Sandy victims. God, it sucks for them.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 01:14:25

At 10/30/12 01:06 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Geez, I feel kind of bad for the Sandy victims. God, it sucks for them.

Yeah I did hear recently on the news about the backup generator going down at the New York University hospital. Thats pretty scary when you think about all the patients, including babies and children in the ICUs relying on machinery to keep them breathing.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 01:21:19

At 10/30/12 01:14 AM, Gagsy wrote:
Yeah I did hear recently on the news about the backup generator going down at the New York University hospital. Thats pretty scary when you think about all the patients, including babies and children in the ICUs relying on machinery to keep them breathing.

My God, apparently it's going to get worse! :/

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 06:15:07

So I just saw that 13 people at least have been killed according to some shitty news site over night in a major city.

Considering people were warned this thing was coming and told not to be near it, I claim this hurricane is the herald of natural selection.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 06:21:17

this hurricane is going to kill us all

this is the end times

r.i.p

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 07:06:46

Manhatten and boston just got swamped by 20-30the ft tidal surges lol the apartments nearby are destroyed and the subway tunnels are ruined and will take month or two to repair by officials LOL.

This is why I don't live near coasts.

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 07:38:01

Fuck this dumb ass storm. At first I didn't give a damn. I can't suddenly access half the important shopping sites I want to go to because a single umbrella site is having issues.

Fucking hell.

inb4 first world problems

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 09:53:50

At 10/29/12 11:30 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Sandy Causes Explosion in train tunnels KILLS OVER 10 PEOPLE -NYC

and lots of black outs.

In New Jersey, Exelon Corp declared an alert around its Oyster Creek nuclear power plant because of rising waters, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said. Officials said if waters rise further, they may be forced to use emergency water supplies from a fire hose to cool spent uranium fuel rods.

An alert-level incident, the second-lowest of four action levels, means there's a "potential substantial degradation in the level of safety" at a reactor.

Hopefully it doesn't get there.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 11:22:08

Looks like Earth just joined the Occupy movement.

East Coast meet climate change.

Anyone else think as the years go on this is going to get more frequent and worse?

Nice to be snug and dry in Chicago.

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 14:17:22

Have any of these things ever hit the west coast? It always seems its the east that gets the shit pounded out of them.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 14:22:54

At 10/30/12 02:17 PM, sweet21 wrote: Have any of these things ever hit the west coast? It always seems its the east that gets the shit pounded out of them.

perhaps once every few years. and they are usually tropical storms/depressions. conditions there are unfavourable for cyclone development.

also, this thing should be over by now.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 14:23:02

At 10/30/12 02:17 PM, sweet21 wrote: Have any of these things ever hit the west coast? It always seems its the east that gets the shit pounded out of them.

If I lived in the West Coast, I'd worry about devastating earthquakes more than hurricanes. That's much worse since at least with hurricanes, we can plan and evacuate well in advance.

My neighborhood (and I live in NYC) seems to be fine considering what has happened in many other parts of the city, and in the whole metropolitan area. I expected a lot more damage in my neighborhood than what I actually got. Trees were falling in other parts of the neighborhood, but the big one I thought would hit my building luckily did not. Flooding was almost non-existent, and no electricity was lost where I live. Still, there's so much chaos in many other neighborhoods that I might as well try helping out anyone that needs it.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 17:51:26

Damn it feels good to live on the west coast

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 19:18:10

At 10/30/12 05:51 PM, Tarah wrote: Damn it feels good to live on the west coast

Also it helps that your team just won the World Series.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Hurricane Sandy discussion thread 2012-10-30 19:20:31

Dirty Daniel-san?

Don't bitch about me greentexting.