New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheTrueZippy
TheTrueZippy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 08:00 PM Reply

So we all know about Slenderman. The game, the "legend", the movies, whatever. Anyways, I decided I might as well check out the game "Slender", since I watched so many of the fan videos. I was not impressed. I jumped on the first time that he killed me on my first try. But that was because I didn't know about the noise it made. The face wasn't scary at all. He isn't a really terrifying creature.

Andways, on my third or fourth try, I managed to get all eight pages. So I expected "Hey, maybe I'll get to kill the slenderman", or something of equal awesome. Nope. He kills you anyways. The only difference is that this time it cuts to the credits.

Was anyone else disappointed by Slender? For all the hype it got, I felt really let down. Not just by the game. By everything about it.

They pretty much ruined it when the creators said "This is all entirely fiction". Takes away the scare. Not that there was much to be scared of.

Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 08:10 PM Reply

That game is weird, I was drinking at a friends house at 1 in the morning and all of a sudden a random black dude whom I nor any of my friends had ever seen before comes downstairs with a laptop and tells me to play the slenderman game. I was creeped out more by the circumstances than the game.

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 08:15 PM Reply

Game was creepy enough, so I don't really care. I'd probably be disappointed if I expected something to happen other than being scared.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
CrazySquirrel124
CrazySquirrel124
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 08:16 PM Reply

VG forum you fucking newfag

get outta here

Don't bitch about me greentexting.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

1st time playing it

Its only fun when you get scared and I guess the feeling of fear is what hyped it up, fear gives you adrenalin and therefore a thrilling experience from playing the game, but its like heroin, sooner or later you build up a tolerance to its effects until you don't feel anything anymore, the problem I find is that it just wares off too quickly, but the first time experience is what hooks ya and its what makes people hype it up.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 08:21 PM Reply

The mod sucks and the mythos is dead.

TheTrueZippy
TheTrueZippy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 08:23 PM Reply

At 10/24/12 08:16 PM, CrazySquirrel124 wrote: VG forum you fucking newfag

get outta here

New account. I've been a user since 2007. And here's a cup of fucks i give about your post, since this is about the hype and the character, not the game.

Slender. *Spoiler*

Boss
Boss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 08:26 PM Reply

yo i beat thaty game in 2 minutes world record

I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
OwnageGiy221
OwnageGiy221
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 10:00 PM Reply

It's a shitty overrated (by Reddit) indie game that nobody actually gives a fuck about. The only reason people pretend to like it is because other people pretend to like it. It's bandwagon 101.

Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 01:23 AM Reply

Wasn't scary, but it's free, so theres that.

I'm talking to you otto.

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 01:34 AM Reply

Marbled Hornets...

yes its relevant...

BBS Signature
Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 01:36 AM Reply

Yeah I never really got the "Creep factor" from Slender. Something silently following you, watching you and waiting is scary, but only if you feel that the thing in question could fuck you up if it desired. I never really got that from Slender. Worst part of the game is the annoying ass noise it makes when you die.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 01:39 AM Reply

Why are people overblowing Slenderman so much?

Some guy just made up the whole thing a few years ago on a troll site!

MrTaquito
MrTaquito
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 01:41 AM Reply

At 10/24/12 10:00 PM, OwnageGiy221 wrote: It's a shitty overrated (by Reddit) indie game that nobody actually gives a fuck about. The only reason people pretend to like it is because other people pretend to like it. It's bandwagon 101.

Slenderman and Marble Hornets was scary when it first started, but now it's like trying to ride a dead horse, just give it up, it's dead.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 07:26 AM Reply

At 10/24/12 08:00 PM, TheTrueZippy wrote: So we all know about Slenderman. The game, the "legend"

The rest of your post wasn't worth reading, it still amazes me ho worked up people get over an incredibly unoriginal character just because it is now a meme. Learn your faceless men.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 07:37 AM Reply

i expected the notes to give you clues on how to kill him so you can only imagine how disappointed i was when i had to let him kill me to end the game. so in other words in slender when you win, you lose. fuck that overly hyped game, but ion all fairness it's ok but nowhere near to being scary

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 09:17 AM Reply

At 10/24/12 08:17 PM, M-Maher wrote: 1st time playing it

Its only fun when you get scared and I guess the feeling of fear is what hyped it up, fear gives you adrenalin and therefore a thrilling experience from playing the game, but its like heroin, sooner or later you build up a tolerance to its effects until you don't feel anything anymore, the problem I find is that it just wares off too quickly, but the first time experience is what hooks ya and its what makes people hype it up.

this, it's not so much as disappointing, but was rather made for the challenge of collecting the pages, not to win or to lose but to keep trying, so you made it. You won, so what? Try again and try to do it quicker maybe?

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 11:33 AM Reply

At 10/24/12 08:16 PM, CrazySquirrel124 wrote: newfag

hmm

original I am.

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 11:47 AM Reply

As with most things that start out online, Slenderman was pretty neat when the stories/pictures first arose. I really like the fact that he is a boogeyman created in our generation, not borrowed from old horror stories (see vampires, werewolves, zombies) or re-tooled from the monsters of previous generations (see Rob Zombie's Michael Myers, Freddy v. Jason, Aliens v. Predators).

However, once the game came out and everyone went sorta Slender-crazy, it became too much and overused.

I still think its a great character, and even a fun game, but there needs to be less Slenderman around for a bit.

Also, you young punks don't know what horro is *grumble grumble*

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Slender. *Spoiler* Oct. 25th, 2012 @ 11:49 AM Reply

At 10/24/12 08:23 PM, TheTrueZippy wrote:
At 10/24/12 08:16 PM, CrazySquirrel124 wrote: VG forum you fucking newfag

get outta here
New account. I've been a user since 2007. And here's a cup of fucks i give about your post, since this is about the hype and the character, not the game.

That doesn't make any sense. You're discussing the game specifically and asking others whether they were disappointed by the game.

I don't understand why everyone feels insulted when they're told their topic belongs in the video game forum. Especially when the VG forum is fairly active and would probably get you more informative posts and probably an overall more interesting discussion.