New Topic Respond to this Topic
VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Van Diablo Art Thread 2012-10-23 09:00:46 Reply

Hey whats up im Jovan aka VanDiablo.....Im kind of new here and was browsing the site and found the fourms. In case you cared, I like to draw and paint.

This will be where I post my WIP's and sketches that I do throughout the week. I dont want to make an empty thread so I post the WIP that is in my journal. You can check the journal also to get the story on why I started this . But here it is.

Hope you all like it.

Van Diablo Art Thread

Template88
Template88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2012-10-23 09:12:30 Reply

Ah, a painter, welcome to the art forum, youll do well here I think.

We're all crazy here.

Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2012-11-12 20:12:46 Reply

The updated and finished version of my earlier WIP in the art portal its titled Dialo Vechs - The Highguard. During the time of me working on the finished Dialo piece I started on another image as well as others but I got further along with this one so here is another WIP I have to show you all. It is the main villain of the Graphic novel in which all of my other pieces are a part of.

I will get this done as well as the other pieces I have started on done as soon as possible, School is a delaying factor in my work. Stay tuned for updates.

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2012-12-08 14:23:41 Reply

Have another update for the piece I call Darkwalker........also another piece that I started one recently.

Here is the Darkwalker update.......Really like the colors of this one.

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2012-12-08 14:25:14 Reply

Here is the piece that I recently started on....its some fan art of a game Ive been playing alot lately DOTA II.....JUGGERNAUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2012-12-12 10:08:25 Reply

At 12/8/12 02:25 PM, VanDiablo wrote: Here is the piece that I recently started on....its some fan art of a game Ive been playing alot lately DOTA II.....JUGGERNAUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!

Here is an update on the Juggernaut image I have been working on.

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2012-12-20 09:05:40 Reply

At 12/12/12 10:08 AM, VanDiablo wrote:
At 12/8/12 02:25 PM, VanDiablo wrote: Here is the piece that I recently started on....its some fan art of a game Ive been playing alot lately DOTA II.....JUGGERNAUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
Here is an update on the Juggernaut image I have been working on.

Finished image can be found in the portal here.

• Battle Fury meet Blade Fury
    Battle Fury meet Blade Fury by VanDiablo

SOme fan art of one of my favorite DOTA 2 characters Yurnero the Juggernaut.

Score
    4.857142857 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-10 13:29:28 Reply

Hello people of newgrounds have another WIP ill be posting as I work. Hope you all like it.

Van Diablo Art Thread

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-10 16:17:53 Reply

At 10/23/12 09:00 AM, VanDiablo wrote: Hey whats up im Jovan aka VanDiablo.....Im kind of new here and was browsing the site and found the fourms. In case you cared, I like to draw and paint.

This will be where I post my WIP's and sketches that I do throughout the week. I dont want to make an empty thread so I post the WIP that is in my journal. You can check the journal also to get the story on why I started this . But here it is.

Hope you all like it.

Keep posting Jovan. Very nice style you've got. :) Also liking the dota 2 fanart! Started getting into that game myself recently, but I do recognize that character. :D

Great work though!

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
luxlove90
luxlove90
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-10 22:49:54 Reply

I thinks I will get this done as well as the other pieces I have started on done as soon as possible, School is a delaying factor in my work. Stay tuned for updates. Thanks you .
------------------------
You relax with gamesforgirltoday to feel that Top best flash games online. All free.

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-11 13:57:28 Reply

Thanks all for the comments they really are a motivator.

At 12/8/12 02:23 PM, VanDiablo wrote: Have another update for the piece I call Darkwalker........also another piece that I started one recently.

But finally finished the pic that I was working on. I kept putting it on the back burner because I wasnt liking how things were coming out but i finally toughed it out and got it done. It can be seen here .
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/vandiablo/lion-the-darkwalker?context=ratings:etm.offse t:1

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-11 14:02:06 Reply

At 1/11/13 01:57 PM, VanDiablo wrote: Thanks all for the comments they really are a motivator.

At 12/8/12 02:23 PM, VanDiablo wrote: Have another update for the piece I call Darkwalker........also another piece that I started one recently.

But finally finished the pic that I was working on. I kept putting it on the back burner because I wasnt liking how things were coming out but i finally toughed it out and got it done. It can be seen here .
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/vandiablo/lion-the-darkwa lker?context=ratings:etm.offse t:1

*Edit didnt link properly*

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/vandiablo/lion-the-darkwa lker

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-11 22:00:29 Reply

At 1/10/13 01:29 PM, VanDiablo wrote: Hello people of newgrounds have another WIP ill be posting as I work. Hope you all like it.

I worked on this piece more today after I finished the Lion one. really liking the direction that it is headed.

Stay tuned.

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-13 14:14:02 Reply

At 1/11/13 10:00 PM, VanDiablo wrote:
At 1/10/13 01:29 PM, VanDiablo wrote: Hello people of newgrounds have another WIP ill be posting as I work. Hope you all like it.
I worked on this piece more today after I finished the Lion one. really liking the direction that it is headed.

Stay tuned.

Update: Ive gotten most of my colors done for the foreground, need to think of something to put in the background im thinkin of some guards or something to that nature. But we shall see.

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-18 14:01:15 Reply

At 1/13/13 02:14 PM, VanDiablo wrote:
At 1/11/13 10:00 PM, VanDiablo wrote:

Stay tuned.
Update: Ive gotten most of my colors done for the foreground, need to think of something to put in the background im thinkin of some guards or something to that nature. But we shall see.

UPDATE: Still dont have a background for this :( I might just go with a textured BG and just focus on the character.

Another note school has started back so my work will slow down again, but not completely stop due to the fact that I only have 3 classes this semester. But here it more progress work. I would say im about 88-90% done. the last 10 percent is details and adjustments.

Hope you all like it.

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-24 09:55:11 Reply

The final image of the WIP is in the art portal for those who havent seen it yet.

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/vandiablo/the-misguided-k ing

I hope every one enjoys it. I am already working on 2 new pieces ill put up the process work later on or tomorrow.

millon333
millon333
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-24 10:08:22 Reply

At 1/24/13 09:55 AM, VanDiablo wrote: The final image of the WIP is in the art portal for those who havent seen it yet.

I hope every one enjoys it. I am already working on 2 new pieces ill put up the process work later on or tomorrow.

i love your pics man. you really have potential. you better become an artist in the future :p but seriously pretty dam good. all i can do is sketch awesome pics of weed and shrooms :\ but yea your pretty dam good.

probably couldve used the text. dont need the hairy ass :p

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-01-24 16:20:02 Reply

At 1/24/13 10:08 AM, millon333 wrote:
At 1/24/13 09:55 AM, VanDiablo wrote: The final image of the WIP is in the art portal for those who havent seen it yet.

i love your pics man. you really have potential. you better become an artist in the future :p but seriously pretty dam good. all i can do is sketch awesome pics of weed and shrooms :\ but yea your pretty dam good.

Thank you. If you want to get good at drawing other objects just practice them and you will get better the more you do it.

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-02-22 16:54:48 Reply

hello everyone have another WIP to share....A hero from my book.....Hope you all like him.

Van Diablo Art Thread

UVSoaked
UVSoaked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-02-23 00:52:50 Reply

Whoa! Insane work, man. Your style is pretty smooth, and you use colours quite well!

BBS Signature
VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-02-26 17:08:40 Reply

UPDATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTE!!!! Got my foreground colors done, did some detail work to the face and added his weapons and what may be his attack type. Fire powwwuhhhhh!!!.

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-03-05 19:49:43 Reply

Another update....Really wish I had more time to work on this instead of class. Ill be done soon tho.

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-05-25 10:30:37 Reply

Hello all I have been away for a while due to school. Good news is I graduated college so no more of that :) Lost alot of unfinished work due to a failed drive :( But new things in the works.

Like this one here, another DOta 2 piece. Maybe I can get a job with these people. lol

Van Diablo Art Thread

LeeIsMyName
LeeIsMyName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-05-25 21:01:47 Reply

I can't help but notice that almost none of your characters have actual eyes, or rather, any detail in the eyes. Is there a reason for that? Do you just not like drawing eyes? Was it a weird coincidence.

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-05-27 05:35:24 Reply

At 5/25/13 09:01 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: I can't help but notice that almost none of your characters have actual eyes, or rather, any detail in the eyes. Is there a reason for that? Do you just not like drawing eyes? Was it a weird coincidence.

The lack of iris and pupil are part of a concept for a book to distinguish the spirits / soul-less beings in the book. It also comes from me growing up on Marvel comics. Thanks for noticing.

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-05-27 11:05:15 Reply

Sven the rogue knight....more DoTA II art. I hope I can do some work for them in the near future. I will update as the day goes.

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-05-27 15:30:01 Reply

At 5/27/13 11:05 AM, VanDiablo wrote: Sven the rogue knight....more DoTA II art. I hope I can do some work for them in the near future. I will update as the day goes.

Have two updates for the Rouge Knight piece. Ill have more of Templar assassin soon. I promise. lol

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-05-27 15:48:40 Reply

^^^^^ This goes with this :D ^^^^^^^

Van Diablo Art Thread

VanDiablo
VanDiablo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-05-28 22:34:46 Reply

MOAR UPDAYTS .....lol

Ive been detailing for most of the time that I have been working on this today. Im liking it though.

Van Diablo Art Thread

IonicApex
IonicApex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Van Diablo Art Thread 2013-05-29 00:44:25 Reply

Wow... Amazing job on Sven :D