00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Super Mario bros U thread.

3,292 Views | 44 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-12 12:56:39

So how much is that luigi U game? I heard around 20 pounds, and I can get it separately!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-12 13:28:26

At 6/12/13 12:56 PM, darkjam wrote: So how much is that luigi U game? I heard around 20 pounds, and I can get it separately!

Yeah around that much, and they'll throw out limited physical copies.

BBS Signature

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-12 14:42:52

At 6/12/13 01:28 PM, kmau wrote:
At 6/12/13 12:56 PM, darkjam wrote: So how much is that luigi U game? I heard around 20 pounds, and I can get it separately!
Yeah around that much, and they'll throw out limited physical copies.

Awesome, hoping to get one.

Limited? It might go for a good price come 20 years then.

BBS Signature

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-20 13:37:54

So apprently New Luigi U is out on the shop today. I thought it came out in August, but that is just the disc copy. I'll have to buy it today, looks like a ton on fun.

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-20 15:58:35

At 6/20/13 01:37 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: So apprently New Luigi U is out on the shop today. I thought it came out in August, but that is just the disc copy. I'll have to buy it today, looks like a ton on fun.

Disc copy comes out next month, and what's this bullshit about e having to own Mario u to play the DISC VERSION?! IF this is true, then it seems like Nintendo is basically taking money right out of our pockets!

BBS Signature

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-20 19:02:41

At 6/20/13 03:58 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 6/20/13 01:37 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: So apprently New Luigi U is out on the shop today. I thought it came out in August, but that is just the disc copy. I'll have to buy it today, looks like a ton on fun.
Disc copy comes out next month, and what's this bullshit about e having to own Mario u to play the DISC VERSION?! IF this is true, then it seems like Nintendo is basically taking money right out of our pockets!

Thats for the DLC. The disc is the disc. The reason they are charging more for the disc is to get more money out of the cheap people who didn't buy NSMBU in the first place.

Anyway haven't had a chance to download it yet. Plan to do it later today but I am pretty busy right now and won't be able to get around to it until the end of the day.

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-21 12:05:56

Bought it. Annoyed that the DLC cost 22.59 and not 20 dollars, awkward putting in credit card information twice.

I never thought that the 100 second timer would be a problem, but it really is. It really rushes you, and makes the game harder, you don't have time to be careful, and the less traction Luigi has doesn't help.

However, the levels are really really short. If you knew the level, I can definitely see someone beating a level in 30 seconds. Hard as hell level design as well.

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-21 12:45:45

Thats for the DLC. The disc is the disc. The reason they are charging more for the disc is to get more money out of the cheap people who didn't buy NSMBU in the first place.

I wouldn't say cheap, what if some didn't want to buy it or were skeptical about the game?

BBS Signature

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-21 12:56:51

I haven't even touched a WiiU . So I can't give my opinion about it .

I've only seen the WiiU console in stores or on TV .

BBS Signature

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-22 16:10:58

So ive been busy with NSLU the past few days, but i finally 100% it
Its quite fun, challenging, exciting, all that good stuff. Definitely harder than NSMBU, thats for sure. What I really liked tho was seeing all those hidden background Luigis, especially the 8-bit ones!
Also, nabbit in single player. just why...

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-22 17:20:29

At 6/22/13 04:10 PM, Lionelion wrote:

I saw three of your Miiverse posts last night, you must have been busy. Really liking the game, I like that the Star coins are more skill based than exploration based this time around, I spent way more time in Mario U trying to find the damn things as opposed to getting them.

Also, I feel like this isn't the last we'll see of Nabbit...

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-22 17:37:59

At 6/22/13 05:20 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I saw three of your Miiverse posts last night, you must have been busy. Really liking the game, I like that the Star coins are more skill based than exploration based this time around, I spent way more time in Mario U trying to find the damn things as opposed to getting them.

Too true, I was finishing up last night, and then helping others who hadnt finished yet. Also, some of those star coins are hidden in really tricky places, so i'd say its a combo of both skill and exploration

Also, I feel like this isn't the last we'll see of Nabbit...

What if he showed up in Mario Kart 8...?

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-23 09:14:37

I feel so left out. I wish I bought Mario U at launch now.

BBS Signature

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-23 09:40:48

Gotta satisfy those "Mario is Missing" fans.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to New Super Mario bros U thread. 2013-06-23 09:51:15

Even though I already bought NSLU I might wait until my friends are over or if my brothers want to play(Unfortunately this is unlikely) before I jump into the game.