Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Little Midi Request, Easy Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:09 PM Reply

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SIZ5dqH1A

It's an easy melody, it lasts like 10 seconds or less. Anyone with a good ear can help?

Part
1:30 to 1:45, before the melody starts

Thanks

SUCK MY KICK

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:19 PM Reply

Here you go, lazy dog. ;)

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 10/22/12 01:19 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Here you go, lazy dog. ;)

you know, I'm not lazy; in fact I tried more than one times to recreate the melodies. Without any point of reference, I'm totally lost :\

Thanks for your magic btw

SUCK MY KICK

Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 06:01 AM Reply

Instead of opening a new thread (what a good boy), I'll re up this.

The piano part is really simple, but I couldn't replicate it. Anyone?

Song is "I wanna dance" (here's little part):

http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/84805848/file.html

SUCK MY KICK

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 06:49 AM Reply

At 11/1/12 06:01 AM, Lachi wrote: Instead of opening a new thread (what a good boy), I'll re up this.

The piano part is really simple, but I couldn't replicate it. Anyone?

Song is "I wanna dance" (here's little part):

http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/84805848/file.html

Ta-dah.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 06:52 AM Reply

I wonder how you guys do this.
Like, it has to do with experience or you've got a super ear? Both? Or probably it's me...

By the way, thanks Step ;)

SUCK MY KICK

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 07:01 AM Reply

Anytime!

Do you have FL Studio? If you do then I can tell you a little trick that can make you figure out melodies really easily.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54

BBS Signature
Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 07:06 AM Reply

At 11/1/12 07:01 AM, Step wrote: Anytime!

Do you have FL Studio? If you do then I can tell you a little trick that can make you figure out melodies really easily.

I "use" FL Studio. But for "use" I mean playing on it almost just for fun. Sometimes I end up with a good tune, but then I can't continue it and I simply delete everything I made. Or maybe the rhythim is good but the tune feels "anonymous"... anyway I just started studying some basic things (I'm forward to more complicated chords and things) and playing a MIDI keyboard.

It would be awesome if you shared the trick ^^

SUCK MY KICK

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 07:40 AM Reply

At 11/1/12 07:06 AM, Lachi wrote: I "use" FL Studio. But for "use" I mean playing on it almost just for fun. Sometimes I end up with a good tune, but then I can't continue it and I simply delete everything I made. Or maybe the rhythim is good but the tune feels "anonymous"... anyway I just started studying some basic things (I'm forward to more complicated chords and things) and playing a MIDI keyboard.

It would be awesome if you shared the trick ^^

Alright, all you need to do is open up the Edison. To do this, press this button or add it to the mixer like so. Open it up and add the audio file with the melody you want to figure out, by pressing this button. Browse for your file, add it, and you should see a waveform come up in front of you. For instance, this is how it looks when I load up your MIDIN.mp3. Before you do anything, first you've got to figure out the tempo of your track, though. In the Edison, press play to hear the track, and then right-click on the tempo metre and press Tap. Click on the tap icon along with the beat of the music for a few seconds to figure out the tempo. This is how I figured out that the tempo of the second track whose melody you wanted was 170 BPM.

If the melody you want to figure out doesn't start at the beginning of the waveform (i.e. right when you press play) then find the part where the melody starts, click and drag until the part where the melody ends, to basically highlight the melody in the waveform, like so. Once you've got that all set up, while in the Edison press 'H' or click on this button, called 'Slave playback to host'. This basically means that Edison and FL Studio will be synced and when you press play/stop in FL, it'll play/stop whatever you have in your pattern and at the same time play/stop whatever you have in the Edison.

For figuring out melodies, this is a dream come true. Add some sort of plugin or soundfont in your step sequencer, right click on it and click 'Piano roll'. Press play in FL and you'll listen to the first bar of the audio in the Edison. Listen closely to the first note and try and replicate it in the piano roll. Then when you press play again, you'll hear the audio playing along with the note that you added to the piano roll. If it sounds off, then you should be able to hear it, so keep trying different notes until it sounds right. Then move on to the next note.

Of course you still need a good ear, but it's a lot easier like this than just playing the audio and trying to figure out the melody with your MIDI keyboard or something. Hope I explained it well haha.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 07:42 AM Reply

At 11/1/12 07:40 AM, Step wrote: or add it to the mixer like so.

like so.*

BBS Signature
Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 11:47 AM Reply

This was flawless.
Thanks for the little tutorial, didn't know these things. It will be totally useful when time will come :)

If I could add you on Skype (if you have one) I'll let you hear some of the melodies I did. I can't decide to myself if they are good or not, and I need an expert for that

SUCK MY KICK

NickPerrin
NickPerrin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 1st, 2012 @ 02:26 PM Reply

At 11/1/12 06:52 AM, Lachi wrote: I wonder how you guys do this.
Like, it has to do with experience or you've got a super ear? Both? Or probably it's me...

The more experience you have playing an instrument and/or producing & composing music, the better your ear gets. You can also do specific ear training to make it better directly. It's just a matter of time and focus!

Nice avatar btw... good old creepy pic.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Nov. 2nd, 2012 @ 07:22 AM Reply

At 11/1/12 11:47 AM, Lachi wrote: This was flawless.
Thanks for the little tutorial, didn't know these things. It will be totally useful when time will come :)

If I could add you on Skype (if you have one) I'll let you hear some of the melodies I did. I can't decide to myself if they are good or not, and I need an expert for that

Oh, sure! My Skype name is stephanwells.

BBS Signature
Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 09:56 AM Reply

Let's revive the thread with another ridicolus request.
I tried to do it on my own, but I came up only with a small part of the rhytm (just notes, no pitch).

Can someone do it?

(Song is Wonderland, from Flowtex remixed by Splash)
Cut MP3 http://www.mediafire.com/?xbtfakq1o63tx50

SUCK MY KICK

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 01:14 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 09:56 AM, Lachi wrote: Let's revive the thread with another ridicolus request.
I tried to do it on my own, but I came up only with a small part of the rhytm (just notes, no pitch).

Can someone do it?

(Song is Wonderland, from Flowtex remixed by Splash)
Cut MP3 http://www.mediafire.com/?xbtfakq1o63tx50

I only had like 5 minutes before I have to leave for class so the rhythm may not entirely be there but here you go

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/77108429/file.html

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Lachi
Lachi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 01:18 PM Reply

You guys are fucking incredible, thanks Envy!

SUCK MY KICK

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 01:18 PM, Lachi wrote: You guys are fucking incredible, thanks Envy!

If you have any more, post 'em and I'll take a look when I get back. I used to spend hours doing this sort of thing for fun.

Wat

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 01:26 PM Reply

At 11/1/12 07:40 AM, Step wrote:
At 11/1/12 07:06 AM, Lachi wrote:
Tutorial

Another (shorter) way I do it if the melody is too hard to figure out at regular speed is to turn your main tempo down, put the track in the playlist and select "fit to tempo" and then enter a ballpark tempo of the song. This slows down the clip without changing the pitch.

This is also how you can slow down vocals to fit your song without ruining the pitch.

Wat

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Little Midi Request, Easy Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 01:29 PM Reply

At 1/23/13 01:26 PM, Envy wrote:
At 11/1/12 07:40 AM, Step wrote:
At 11/1/12 07:06 AM, Lachi wrote:
Tutorial
Another (shorter) way I do it if the melody is too hard to figure out at regular speed is to turn your main tempo down, put the track in the playlist and select "fit to tempo" and then enter a ballpark tempo of the song. This slows down the clip without changing the pitch.

This is also how you can slow down vocals to fit your song without ruining the pitch.

Oops, triple post but after you click "fit to tempo" a box pops up, and you click on This to type in what the original bpm of the track is to slow it down.

Wat