New Topic Respond to this Topic
Middlefield
Middlefield
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Audiophile
Do you have the same problem as I? Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Hey NG. I love acting, especially with my voice. When I act with my voice, it sounds pretty good. But when I record it, and listen to it afterwards... I sounds like a confused 10 years old doing playlet. Is this a common "problem" for beginners? I could use a bit help.

My english isn't that good, so pardon me, if I sound like an alphatard.

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Do you have the same problem as I? Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 12:00 PM Reply

This happens to me as well. I do a good voice that isn't mine when I talk to a friend when I'm just making a joke but it seems when I go to do that voice later it just sounds like my voice with the pitch higher or lower. I'm not quite sure why my voice does that, I think it's from not regularly voice acting.

Steam | Letterboxd | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Do you have the same problem as I? Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 12:01 PM Reply

Your voice sounds different in your head than when it does to others.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Do you have the same problem as I? Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 01:08 PM Reply

At 10/20/12 12:01 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Your voice sounds different in your head than when it does to others.

Yup, I think I sound retarded but if you keep practicing you can get better. Just need to hear your voice more.

TheZaaL
TheZaaL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Do you have the same problem as I? Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

At 10/20/12 12:01 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Your voice sounds different in your head than when it does to others.

True :P

When I record my friends, they all say that their voice recorded doesn't quite match what they had in mind, but I don't notice any big difference between the record and their live performance. One way to help is to wear headphones which is direcly playing the mic's output so that you can hear exacly what you sound like live. A lot of signers do that while performing live, so that they can hear themselves singing.

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!
Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Do you have the same problem as I? Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 02:23 PM Reply

That is very normal. Being comfortable with your own voice is something that requires practice. As you improve your voice acting skills you will improve your "embarrassment" haha. Sometimes I just find myself screaming at myself in a mirror trying to get the craziest voice possible down. No problem with that. You may never use that voice, but damn it sure is fun.