New Topic Respond to this Topic
ThaMetalhead420
ThaMetalhead420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 08:38 PM Reply

So I finally have a chance to buy a PS3 game this week since I haven't to worry about any upcoming bills so I am taking some of my extra cash and buying one. I have been looking far and wide and am looking between two choices: Borderlands 2 or Dishonored... If someone have played both or even just one care to give me some insight on them?

I am a huge fan of Bethesda games for a while and am stoked to check out Dishonored, but I as well have played and completed Borderlands a bunch of times because it was a sick game, hence my dilemma.

Keeping it metal since the 90's and foreverwill be!
~Ronnie P.~

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 08:56 PM Reply

Borderlands 2 will give you many hours of fun and is well worth the full $60.

I felt like Dishonored was worth more like $40 even though it is also really good. I was done my first playthrough pretty quickly, but I will play through it again to experience the other ways the game can be played. Do not go buying this game based on the idea that you like Bethesda games. All they've done is publish it and it doesn't feel much like any of their games.

ThaMetalhead420
ThaMetalhead420
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 09:32 PM Reply

Alright, sounds like fair judgement and you make a good point. I didn't realize they just published it, I like them as developers such as Fallout 3 and all the Elder Scrolls games and stuff. I'm gonna look into getting Borderlands 2 than I recently got Resident Evil 6. I wasn't disappointed with my decision, but I do need something new for a bit.

Thanks for the advice. It did help me out in making a decision.

Keeping it metal since the 90's and foreverwill be!
~Ronnie P.~

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 09:38 PM Reply

They're both "holy shit this is amazing"-tier but I found that Borderlands 2 has much much much longer gameplay. I like Dishonored better but beat it in about a week, while I've had Borderlands 2 since the day after it came out and i'm just now near the end, albeit I play it alone and not too often.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 10:05 PM Reply

At 10/19/12 09:38 PM, Jester wrote: They're both "holy shit this is amazing"-tier but I found that Borderlands 2 has much much much longer gameplay. I like Dishonored better but beat it in about a week, while I've had Borderlands 2 since the day after it came out and i'm just now near the end, albeit I play it alone and not too often.

The thing about Dishonored is that it's a treasure trove and secrets and gameplay possibilities. In Borderlands it's really just worth playing once IMO, unless you want to try the other characters. But I didn't like going through the same missions and dialogue 4 times just to experience variations in gameplay.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
OrgasmWoodChipper
OrgasmWoodChipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 10:23 PM Reply

I'd say Dishonored is probably a superior game but Borderlands 2 provides way more content. Dishonored also has a somewhat heavy story focus with a lot of unskippable dialogue which while great the first time around, kinda kills its replay value. Basically, right now, I enjoy Dishonored more than Borderlands but I don't see myself still playing Dishonored in a few months while I'm sure I'll be glued to Borderlands as long as new DLCs are coming out, which will be through mid next year.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 11:10 PM Reply

While they are both amazing games, I would definitely go for Borderlands 2 (seeing as how you played the first one to death).

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 12:11 AM Reply

Borderlands 2 is a no-brainer, but give Dishonored a try if you've got the cash to splash. If not, leave it for a rental.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 20th, 2012 @ 07:46 AM Reply

Well I rented both this week and I can safely say Dishonored is definitely my favorite. I liked the gameplay more and the story is much stronger. It's unfortunate about the price though, I plan to buy it as soon as it drops.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature
EisUndStahl
EisUndStahl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 04:10 AM Reply

Borderlands 2.

Projectmisfit
Projectmisfit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

Gotta say Dishonored.

kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 02:54 PM Reply

Dishonorland 3

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Dishonored vs. Borderlands 2? Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 07:44 PM Reply

Implying an hours worth of gameplay can compare to a weeks.