Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-17 14:22:50 Reply

Hello fellow audioholics.

This is exiting!
I'll be having access to a pair of Genelec's for one day a week, for a couple of weeks forward, and I'd like to share that with you!

Do you have a piece of music you'd like me to try to master? I'll gladly do so, just send me a PM and we'll discuss it further.

I'm not asking for payment for this, I consider the practise payment enough. Oh, and If you like the result, please include me in the project for the peice of music here on newgrounds. :)

I've done a couple of masters for some people here on newgrounds already, but those were done on a pair of Hi-fi speakers, but the result was pretty good nonetheless.

I've worked on the following track:

• Sanctuary
    Sanctuary by Step

A full-blown orchestral song for the MAC competition. (4:01)

Score
    4.63 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

I've also worked on a commercial track called "Baby Alright" by "The Cajunga, but as my version isn't a officcial release of the track I'm not allowed to upload it for you to listen to it. You can find a unmastered version, along with the music video to it on Youtube, I wish however that I could show you mys mastered version, it's a lot better.

If you wish for some references, you can ask either "Step" or "PeterSatera" here on newgrounds. I've provided them both with this service before, so you can ask them for their opinion.

I'll only accept ONE piece of music PER artist, and I hate to say this, but I can't accept everything. If the track is poorly mixed, there's nothing to be done in the master, that's just the way it is. If you contact me, and provide me with the music you want me to take a look at, I'll give you my judgement if I accept the "job" or not.

Well, that's it I guess. I hope I'll at least get someone interested, and as I said, I DON'T require payment. I find this is a very good way to continue with my music escapades, as I currently don't own any equipment, so I can't create any new original pieces..

descara
descara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-17 15:09:31 Reply

I always thought it'd be a lot of fun hearing another persons take on mastering one of my tracks :) I'm definitely intrested and would be very grateful if you decided to go through with it

Here's the track I had in mind:

• March of the Macabre
    March of the Macabre by descara

Dark, sinister trailer-like track for orchestra

Score
    4.75 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

It's mastered by myself currently - listening to it right now it sounds rather over-processed.. if you think it's suitable, I can of course upload the raw mix!

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-17 15:43:27 Reply

Hey. :)

I know you already have a taker for this week and I don't particularly need my tracks to be mastered because I do that myself, but if you like I can send you some heavy metal for you to try, just for fun.
Like I said, I wouldn't use it myself but if you were looking for experience in different genres then I'm happy to let you play around with one of my tracks.

For example:

• Chaos Confined (Metroid)
    Chaos Confined (Metroid) by MetalRenard

Inspired by Metroid Prime (but 100% original)

Score
    4.48 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll send you an un-mastered version some time next week (I can't this week, I'm busy painting my gran's house for her ^^).

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-17 15:59:20 Reply

This sounds good! :) I would surely like to hear how someone else would master my tracks.
Could you PM me your email so I can email you a track or two? You can decide which one you feel like working with. :)

~Phyrnna ^_^ <3

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-18 03:01:21 Reply

Descarea and MetalRenard, both your tunes sound great, and I'd love to take a shot at them both. Incoming Monday will be the first day I'll have access to the Genelecs, and I'll be able to use them for about 5-6 hours.

The time required to master one track varies alot for me, but I think I'll atleast be able to do 2-3 per Monday.

If you'd both mind sending me a .wav file of the final mixed track, WITHOUT any compression on the master channel, by Monday, I'll take my best shot at them.

For everyone else, just keep posting if you'd like me to try and master your track, and I'll see if I can have them as "backup" for Monday, or they'll be until next Monday.

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-18 08:57:06 Reply

Please excuse all the typos in the opening thread. :)
I was pretty tired while writing it.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-18 10:29:58 Reply

Ooooh, I'd love to see someone master my track. But the thing is, I don't really intend to upload it to NG.
what do

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-18 14:58:34 Reply

At 10/18/12 10:29 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Ooooh, I'd love to see someone master my track. But the thing is, I don't really intend to upload it to NG.
what do

Well.. If you're not going to upload the tunes here on NG, I don't think I'll share my studio time with you. ;)

Anyways, It seems there's a few people that actually would be interested in letting me take a crack at their tracks, so as of now I have three projects to work on *as long as I get the .wav files on time*

Descaras "March of the Macabre"
MetalRenards "Chaos Confined (Metroid)"

and a "secret" project someone PM'ed me about ;).

I think that'll be what I can handle for this Monday.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-18 17:23:48 Reply

Like I said, I can get you the file next week but not before.
I'm actually spending the week painting my gran's house. :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-19 08:54:50 Reply

At 10/18/12 05:23 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Like I said, I can get you the file next week but not before.
I'm actually spending the week painting my gran's house. :)

Okay, I'll work on it on the Monday after this one then. :)

descara
descara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-19 10:53:33 Reply

Here's March of the Macabre's raw mix file for you!

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/74787728786e187c1795cbf3 e24e195f

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-21 05:34:27 Reply

At 10/19/12 10:53 AM, descara wrote: Here's March of the Macabre's raw mix file for you!

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/74787728786e187c1795cbf3 e24e195f

Thank you! :)

AndretheXLR8R
AndretheXLR8R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-21 23:22:30 Reply

Hey Tomppaah,

If you're interested in mastering my track, I can send you a raw wav. Its named after a newly discovered earth-like planet. Also where did some of you learn to master? Im pretty new to it. Thanks!

• GLIESE 581 G
    GLIESE 581 G by AndretheXLR8R

Futuristic Ice Planet

Score
    4.45 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

ALECXACE
ALECXACE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-24 03:18:52 Reply

I would love it if you did something with this
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/507883

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-25 13:22:25 Reply

I'm really sorry for any lack of response from my part, but I've been busy with my first assignment.
For the project I'm working on I've done both the mix and master, so it's taken a bit longer than if I'd only done the master, but hopefully it'll be worth it. As soon as the project is Live I'll post it here for you to listen to. :)

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-25 13:41:24 Reply

At 10/25/12 01:22 PM, Tomppaah wrote: I'm really sorry for any lack of response from my part, but I've been busy with my first assignment.
For the project I'm working on I've done both the mix and master, so it's taken a bit longer than if I'd only done the master, but hopefully it'll be worth it. As soon as the project is Live I'll post it here for you to listen to. :)

What's the deadline for submissions? Because I'll most likely be recording one of my songs next week and would very much appreciate if you could master the final mix!

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-25 13:47:07 Reply

At 10/25/12 01:41 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 10/25/12 01:22 PM, Tomppaah wrote: I'm really sorry for any lack of response from my part, but I've been busy with my first assignment.
What's the deadline for submissions? Because I'll most likely be recording one of my songs next week and would very much appreciate if you could master the final mix!

I'm not sure. "?"

I don't know if I can say that, but I'm really not sure. I've already received a few requests to master a track, but I've started thinking if I should request to do both a mix AND master.. I still need to "learn" the Genelecs at school to be able to use them properly.

Learn them, you ask? Well, I just finished a mix and master here at home, on my HOMEBUILT monitors, which ended up sounding nicer than the version done on the Genelecs..

Anyways.. If you're recording live instruments I'd love to start my next assignment with another mix/master. Would you be up for that?

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-25 14:07:47 Reply

Here's my first assignment I completed.

• Lies
    Lies by Shanath

Hope you enjoy!

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    General Rock
    Popularity

Comments very much appreciated!

I also just finished Descaras track, I'll send you a PM so you can switch the audiofile in the project. Please post your tohughts and comments in the thread afterwards :P

camoshark
camoshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Musician
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-25 15:09:26 Reply

At 10/25/12 01:47 PM, Tomppaah wrote:
Anyways.. If you're recording live instruments I'd love to start my next assignment with another mix/master. Would you be up for that?

Absolutely, just tell me what to send you and I'll be sure to let the tech know what to send me!

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-26 01:52:43 Reply

At 10/25/12 03:09 PM, camoshark wrote:
At 10/25/12 01:47 PM, Tomppaah wrote:
Absolutely, just tell me what to send you and I'll be sure to let the tech know what to send me!

Well, if you'll let me do both the mix and master, I'd need all the untouched recorded audio files as .wav's with the highest quality you can achieve, and any other audio clips like VST instruments as .wav's as well. It's always better to record too much, than too little, because if you're not sure one sound will work, maybe the other sound will.

PM me with the files when you are all ready, and want me to start working! :)

descara
descara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-26 04:37:05 Reply

Uploaded Tomppaah's to my item page now, check it out:

• March of the Macabre
    March of the Macabre by descara

Dark, sinister trailer-like track for orchestra

Score
    4.62 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

And great job! You really managed to get the bass very present and fat without overpowering other elements. Sounds marvellous in my AKGs, gonna listen on a few other devices today as well :)

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-10-26 16:03:39 Reply

At 10/26/12 04:37 AM, descara wrote: Uploaded Tomppaah's to my item page now, check it out:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/506956
And great job! You really managed to get the bass very present and fat without overpowering other elements. Sounds marvellous in my AKGs, gonna listen on a few other devices today as well :)

Really happy you liked my master! ;)
Thank you.

ALECXACE
ALECXACE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-11-01 02:32:37 Reply

is your queue clear yet?

8bitNinjaMusic
8bitNinjaMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-11-01 04:14:40 Reply

Are you still mastering one of my tracks? :)

Tomppaah
Tomppaah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'll master one of your tracks. 2012-11-04 02:43:47 Reply

At 11/1/12 02:48 AM, Corbetto wrote: Heres a song i made, probably one of my lamest but it has a lot of potential in it, with the melodies and such, but i'm too lazy to make it perfect.

Here it is.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/508945

I'm sorry, I don't think I could do much with that.

At 11/1/12 04:14 AM, 8bitNinjaMusic wrote: Are you still mastering one of my tracks? :)

I don't think I've seen you make a request for me to master one of your tracks?

At 11/1/12 02:32 AM, ALECXACE wrote: is your queue clear yet?

I'm currently waiting on another Mix/Master assignment to finish its recording stage, so no, I'm sorry, the queue isn't clear yet :)