New Topic Respond to this Topic
i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to Transition to College Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 01:23 PM Reply

as people have mentioned before, there are a variety of courses for you to choose (apart from core courses, which you have to take no matter you like it or not). so you have to plan your study pattern first to make sure you can get enough credits to graduate.

At 10/17/12 01:03 PM, Sequenced wrote:
sometimes you become friends with your professors. don't be surprised if they decide to join you for lunch one day.

this is actually quite possible. i spent about one hour chating with one of my professors in his office when i was a first year student. i (together with a number of students in my class) had lunch with another professor (from the physics department) also.

some of them are very friendly and approachable.

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Transition to College Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 01:37 PM Reply

The first weeks are the roughest and then it gets better. Get into a good routine and you'll be fine. There is this thing called the W curve; look that up. You will probably go throughout that whole process within the first two weeks.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Melancholy
Response to Transition to College Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 02:06 PM Reply

Make sure you don't waste your time at college partying and slacking off. The freedom you have there can sometimes be overwhelming.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Transition to College Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 02:11 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 02:06 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Make sure you don't waste your time at college partying and slacking off. The freedom you have there can sometimes be overwhelming.

True that. The first three weeks of so there is about 40% more people than will be there there later into the semester. Don't be like those losers either.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Movie Buff
Response to Transition to College Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 03:21 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 11:18 PM, sweet21 wrote: Not big at all. You sign up, show up, do your work, go home.
Still have homework, still make friends, hell you may still have a lunch period depending on your classes. Though lunch is optional....
In fact, your day will probably be shorter, so you have even more free time than you did at high school.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Sure you'll struggle but dont let yourself get stressed. Hell maybe you'll mature quite a bit hm?

I have a penis

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Transition to College Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 03:23 PM Reply

I'm moving on after I'm done this final year of high school, seems like a pretty big deal to me.

BBS Signature
Frenzy
Frenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Transition to College Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 11:16 PM, SqueezyLemon wrote: Lately I've been putting my mind to the future in terms of what happens after I graduate High School. this isn't too long from now, I am almost through the first quarter of my Junior year in high school. I was just wondering to all of you College students, and people that have since moved on to a career, how big is the transition?

I didn't find the transition too bad; in fact, I'm getting the same marks now as I did in high school. There is more work, yes, but hopefully it's stuff you're interested in at university/college, so the work isn't so painful.

Insanctuary
Insanctuary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Transition to College Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 11:49 AM, Cordyceps wrote: >meme arrows

10/10 would rage again

They are not 'meme' arrows, I was not green texting, I was skipping useless time frames by using the arrows to indicate the proceeding.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.