00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HatofInquiry just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 10 dream destinations?

1,076 Views | 14 Replies

Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-16 12:30:10

Where would you most like to visit in the world?

I think your choice of dream destination says a lot about a person, and as a keen traveller I would love to hear where people think is worth visiting. Only one rule:

It can't be anywhere you have been before!

Otherwise it isn't a dream, just a reality.

My Top 10 list (in some semblance of order from 1st to 10th)

1) Ecuador/Galapago Islands. Ecuador is more of a necessity than a dream, but as a Biology graduate the Galapagos is the obvious dream destination

2) Peru- sticking with the South American theme.

3) Myanmar aka Burma.

4) Canada

5) Argentina (South America is the only continent I have never been to, and this list does show that)

6) Madagascar

7) Istanbul (A bit of a cheat as I have been to Turkey, but never to this city)

8) Egypt (once North Africa is a little more stable anyway!)

9) Prague (Czech Republic)

10) Nepal

Now tell me all of those nations that I didn't think of when writing this!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-16 12:59:02

1. House on the Rock. I have heard things about this place, and it sounds like it would kind of cool to visit.
2 The Bahamas. Anyplace in the Caribbean would do really.
3 Poland. Heard it has some awesome castles and stuff over there.
4 Japan. Just because. I think it would be cool to see it, though I wouldn't want to live there probably.
5 Germany. Same as Poland, heard it has some pretty cool castles, also the history and whatnot.
6 Brazil. Seems like a fun place with Carnival and whatnot.
7 Machu Pichu. I heard that it is even more awesome in person.
8 India. I don't know why.
9 Cambodia. Lots of cool stuff there.
10 Australia. For the surfing perhaps. Ha, just joking, I can't swim to save my life.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-16 15:55:23

Some nice different places here...

At 10/16/12 12:59 PM, Crazywill wrote: 1. House on the Rock. I have heard things about this place, and it sounds like it would kind of cool to visit.

Never heard of it! Might have to google that one...

2 The Bahamas. Anyplace in the Caribbean would do really.

True, though I'm not really a beach holiday type.

3 Poland. Heard it has some awesome castles and stuff over there.

Would be in the next ten for me, though more for its war history.

4 Japan. Just because. I think it would be cool to see it, though I wouldn't want to live there probably.

Again, in the next 10. There are other places in Asia I am more interested in, and Japan is just a bit... odd.

5 Germany. Same as Poland, heard it has some pretty cool castles, also the history and whatnot.

I'd love to go to Munich.

6 Brazil. Seems like a fun place with Carnival and whatnot.

Better places in South America to see for me, but certainly lower down my list.

7 Machu Pichu. I heard that it is even more awesome in person.

Should be on everyone's list.

8 India. I don't know why.

That is one place with no real appeal. Too many people, and too big to see it all.

9 Cambodia. Lots of cool stuff there.

Best place I have ever been to. A must for anyone who likes to travel.

10 Australia. For the surfing perhaps. Ha, just joking, I can't swim to save my life.

I would love to visit again and see more of the country- I have only been to Sydney, and that a long time ago.

A good list anyway!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-16 18:26:41

I'll list my top ten holiday destinations as the experienced globetrotter that I am. I'm surprised that you managed to miss so many of the most radical, in demand destination of TODAY.

10. The BEACH

As well as being a totally radical gigantic sandpit for those that bring a bucket and spade, the Beach also features some totally excellent attractions. Such as water, lots of water. It is salt water though, so don't forget to bring your own! A great destination for fun, SWIMMING, and breaking up with that sour bitch of a girlfriend Stephenie.

9. HOME

Woah, who could forget the residence of yourself? Perfect for a long day of relaxing after you broke up with Stephenie! Has videogames AND A- wait what the fuck is this door locked? I didn't lock this door... Oh that bitch. STEPHENIE DAMN IT LET ME IN. Fuckin...

8. The MALL

I know what you're thinking - "The Mall? I go there everyday! Why is this on the list?", well, you two-bit Internet surfing motherfucker, this particular mall has something special; a PAWN shop, which is absolutely perfect for acts of petty revenge. Let's see how much we can manage to get for Stephenie's dead grandmother's prized ring. A cool 200 dollars, RADICAL.

7. The HARDWARE STORE

Why the fuck wasn't this in the Mall? I had to drive halfway across town just to fucking... Whatever I want a metal pipe and that's it. Thanks. Fucker.

6. STEPHENIE'S HOUSE

STEPHENIE YOU BITCH I KNOW IT WAS YOU WHO LOCKED MY DOOR- oh who's this? Your new mantoy? Jesus Christ, Stephenie, it's been 6 hours! No fuck YOU! You can't even keep your legs closed for that - oh, you wanna go, huh? No, no, you don't GET to back down, I'm going to kick your ass! Uh! Argh, stay still! Oh, fuck, shit, Mary's tucked balls on a Sunday afternoon.

Is he... Is he gonna be alright? That's a lot of blood... From his head. Someone... Someone call 000? Wait, what do you mean he was your brother?

5 - 3 The JUDICIAL SYSTEM

I... I don't really want to talk about it.

2. A HIDDEN TUNNEL

Holy crap, you mean this was under here the whole time? Nah man, I'm not gonna rat you out, I can't stand another minute in this place. I really fucking hope they're ain't no pigs waiting for us on the other side of this tunnel. Oh, just your uncle, huh? And his brother? And they're both 250 pounds, that's interesting.

Okay, the suspense is killing me, what am I going to have to... Oh. Well, I'm gonna need a lot of Vaseline.

1. MEXICO

Fuckin' bitch.

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-16 18:34:08

10. Africa (to help out)
9. Brazil (to see Blanka from Street Fighter)
8. Japan (cool buildings)
7. Paris (find a girl)
6. Las Vegas (money)
5. China (cool buildings)
4. Dallas (to see where JFK was shot)
3. New York (i want to see why everyone is so mean there)
2. Orlando (vandelize the blue man group's building, universal studios)
1. West Virginia (to see if it really is the imbred child of D.C and Virginia)

"Thats impossible"-Superman

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-16 18:53:36

Holland
Japan
Thailand
Sweden
Ireland
Australia
England
Iceland
California
Nevada

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-16 20:27:37

1. Japan- Everything about the country and its culture fascinates me to no end. I have to go at some point or another.
2. Peru- Never been to South America, and Machu Picchu would be an awesome place to start.
3. Finland- Any Scandinavia will do, really, but this edges the others out because MOOMINLAAAAAND!!
4. China- Loads of awesome cultural and historical things to see and do.
5. Poland- "Dream destination" probably isn't the best way to put it, but as a Jew I feel a certain duty to visit Auschwitz at some point. Plus I have some family history in the country.
6. Ireland- Gorgeous country, great beer.
7. Australia- Never been to that side of the world.
8. Iceland- I'm curious to see what kind of environment popped out Bjork and Sigur Ros.
9. Germany (aside from Berlin, where I've already been)- So many things to see, do and, most importantly, drink.
10. India- Lots of interesting stuff to see, great food and music.

At 10/16/12 12:30 PM, Sentio wrote: 9) Prague (Czech Republic)

Vyborne! I lived there for a semester and loved it. It's an amazing, amazing city, and a comparatively inexpensive one, too, so go!

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-16 21:59:16

At 10/16/12 08:27 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: 1. Japan- Everything about the country and its culture fascinates me to no end. I have to go at some point or another.

Akihabara sounds awesome. And I hear that white guys are popular with the ladies in Japan (and I'm a white guy). Count me in!

2. Peru- Never been to South America, and Machu Picchu would be an awesome place to start.

I'd definitely like to check out Machu Picchu, but the thin air sounds pretty unpleasant.

4. China- Loads of awesome cultural and historical things to see and do.

Did you know that they eat skewered seahorse and cockroach in the mainland? I wouldn't touch the cockroach, but I'm curious about the seahorse.

8. Iceland- I'm curious to see what kind of environment popped out Bjork and Sigur Ros.

Also, Solstafir. ;)

Vyborne! I lived there for a semester and loved it. It's an amazing, amazing city, and a comparatively inexpensive one, too, so go!

I've seen pictures of Prague and I must say, it looks amazing. And I'd be interested in checking out that chapel with the chandelier made of bones.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-17 01:28:54

Japan- I like anime and japanese history and go racing
Great Britain- go to a premiere league game of Manchester United and stalk David Tennant
Switzerland- I am going to speed through the whole country in a sports car due to the fact the swiss hate cars
Germany- OKTOBERFEST BABY
Norway- my country of descendence
Sweden-my country of descendence

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-17 01:30:35

1. The right side of my brain.

2. The left side of my brain.

3. The front side of my brain.

4. The back side of my brain.

5. The small fold in the right center of my brain.

6. The small fold in the left center of my brain.

7. The small fold in the right center of the back of my brain.

8. The small fold in the left center of the back of my brain.

9. The top of the brain.

10. The stem of the brain.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-17 01:31:55

London, England
Cardiff, Wales
Los Angeles, California
Tokyo, Japan
Germany
Canada

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-17 01:32:09

How about:

1. The Greek Coast
2. Australia
3. California
4. Hawaii
5. some vacation destination like Cabo or something
6. Norway
7. Spain
8. I've been to Paris, but I'd like to see the rest of France
9. Brazil :-)
10. New Zealand

Yay, more jokes!

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-17 01:35:48

At 10/17/12 01:31 AM, Entice wrote:
At 10/17/12 01:30 AM, Insanctuary wrote: my brain
Narcissism in a nutshell.

Not quite, my good sir. Visiting areas of the brain could give the world a whole new state of perception that is not only personal but axiomatically beautiful.

You do not make examples, you make excuses; you do not solve problems, you shift problems; you do not stand behind your statements, you stand behind your stasis.

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-17 12:00:49

1. Valve HQ
2. Newgrounds office
3. USA
4. Japan

That's all really.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Top 10 dream destinations? 2012-10-18 13:26:34

At 10/17/12 11:38 AM, saqwert wrote: 1. Pakistan- I met someone from Pakistan one time and he told me I should go there one day and I said ok
2. Southeast Asia-because it doesn't smell like shit
3. Ukraine- the greastest luxury beach resorts
4. South Sudan-Hot chicks & good alcohol
5. Lesotho-beautiful women
6. Greenland-No one knows what Greenland is and I want to be the first to find out
7. Oman-fine cuisine
8. North Korea- no tourists, everything should be easy to access with no crowds
9. New Jersey- Beautiful countryie with th icest people you'll ever meet or so I've heard from magazines
10. Sri Lanka - that's were all the fake Indians go. I wanna go there just to ridicule them and their fake dots & shit

A bit of an odd list there. A few of those are on my absolutely don't want to go to list, and that is pretty short! Saying that, my grandad went to Oman and says it is a fabulous country, and my Mum recently went to Sri Lanka. Greenland would be great to see polar bears, but Africa does nothing for me at all.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature