New Topic Respond to this Topic
rendibsivad
rendibsivad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Why do people like zelda 1? Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 11:22 PM Reply

How come Zelda 1 is so popular even today considering that some reviewers complain about the hidden bullshit that's in games? Especially nes games? Legend of Zelda does that to! In fact isn't that its main aspect of the game I know all loz do it but I thought Loz 1 did it too well...? Don't get me wrong I dont hate zelda or anything like that, In fact, I love the zelda series like majora's mask windwaker etc. I just can't seem to find the appeal in backtracking and figuring out codes in zelda 1... Could this mean I'm a hypocrite to the entire series considering Im bashing the one that started it all? I study games like loz to see how a game could be fun and clearly nintendo knows this aspect better than all of us.. I just cant seem to find the interest in backtracking to find a certain item you missed in a temple of finding a heart container in some random bush.... is there something wrong with me?....

the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Why do people like zelda 1? Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 12:16 AM Reply

Nothings wrong with you, the games just dated. I enjoy zelda 1 for its combat and open world aesthetics though.

BBS Signature
Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Why do people like zelda 1? Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 09:51 AM Reply

It's entirely possible that you can appreciate what a game did for a series, but not particularly love it, personally. I'll admit, I enjoy other Zelda games more, but it's still fun to go back and play the original, and look back on the series as a whole.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Why do people like zelda 1? Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 12:28 PM Reply

It is a fun game, I only played it a few years ago but I found it very enjoyable and enjoyed hunting for secrets in it, the gameplay was nice and solid too with a good amount of challenge. It is an old game I would gladly pick up and play despite not growing up with it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Why do people like zelda 1? Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 06:22 PM Reply

i have similar thoguhts about ocarina of time and the whole series, the game is quite standard with a very basic story

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Why do people like zelda 1? Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 07:25 PM Reply

Because it's a well designed revolutionary step in it's genre.

BBS Signature
Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Why do people like zelda 1? Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 04:59 AM Reply

Zelda 1 was amongst the greatest adventure games of its time, it employed alot of misdirection and was one of the first non-linear games that was actually done well. The control was awesome, they didnt make you do unecessary and illogical crap just to make the game last longer and it just felt good to kill shit.
I still rank Zelda as one of the best adventure games ever made, but that could be nostalgia on my part.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!

tysonwritesel
tysonwritesel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Art Lover
Response to Why do people like zelda 1? Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 05:45 AM Reply

zelda 1 was one of the longest games at the time and it might not hold up to todays standards but it's in my top 100 for sure.

tysonwritesel, @Newgrounds member for 10 years, 6 months, 27 days. ***6-20-2003***