New Topic Respond to this Topic
JJM121
JJM121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 01:54 PM Reply

At 10/29/12 07:28 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: I spent a little time playing with some potential progressions. I'll upload an mp3 and some MIDIs to the file share of one I liked. Go ahead and play with that, discuss, etc.

The files should be up by the time anyone reads this.

Where are the files again?

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 10/30/12 10:22 AM, MetalRenard wrote:
At 10/30/12 08:30 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: One thing I want us to be mindful of is that because this is a collab, we run the risk of all our parts sounding different.
Yes, absolutely. Part of that is resolved by the fact that one person is mixing everything, the goal is to make it sound as unified as possible. Of course it's still important to keep that in mind when recording a guitar part or something.

Yea, which is why I have it specifically designed for one person to do the mixing. Most of us have different techniques to creating a song, and I think with the mario paint one, it's easier to collaborate since it seems like you have pretty strict guidelines to follow when using that program (albeit it seems really hard to use that program)...

This is why I think the chord progression should come first, so we have some idea of a format we can follow. But it will also be vital as well to have the people mixing collaborate with their fellow mixers in seeing what other people have come up with, and being able to create something out of it.

This is also why I want to keep this project open ended, because it seems like it's going to take a while for this project to finish.

Where are the files again?

Go to the project system tab (located right at the top with the "P" on it), and click on the file share tab located on the left side.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Oct. 30th, 2012 @ 03:24 PM Reply

At 10/18/12 04:17 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
... So I'm not exactly sure why you're wondering what key we'd be using.

At 10/19/12 10:25 PM, zelazon wrote:

At 10/19/12 10:20 PM, Computer112 wrote:

Aww, can I do Lead too?

Yea, that's fine... I won't update the list till later on (I don't want to do updates too soon) but feel free to try your hand at a lead part whenever we start submitting for it.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 01:41 AM Reply

Just to update you guys on progress, I will be moving soon, so I won't be as involved on the board (collab included) until I get situated in the new place, but for now I have to attend to more pressing matters.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 07:41 AM Reply

Hey, I was wondering...
Has anyone started on their part yet? I've just downloaded the chord prog a couple of weeks ago, and I'm starting to think that I'm behind in progress.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 11/6/12 07:41 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Hey, I was wondering...
Has anyone started on their part yet? I've just downloaded the chord prog a couple of weeks ago, and I'm starting to think that I'm behind in progress.

I have not. I said this in an earlier thread, and I'm saying it now: Kingdom of Herts' work comes first. I must finish it within the week.

AMDG ✝

Blank slate, with no project files from years past to base oneself on.

BBS Signature
ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 11/6/12 07:41 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Hey, I was wondering...

Nope - the chord progression I posted only has 8 bars because it didn't make sense for me to do all the work on it. Other people should try and add on to it before we start writing the actual piece itself, since those 8 bars of progression will get boring pretty fast if we just loop them for the whole song.

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
Metallica1136
Metallica1136
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 6th, 2012 @ 10:28 PM Reply

HEY GUYS! FUCK sorry I got so distracted, i promise I'll pay more attention. One chord progression I really like is A minor, E minor, D major, A minor. I came up with that myself like a couple of weeks ago.

Searching for the answers. There's a universe inside us all. Every passing lifetime. Important as the last.

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 12th, 2012 @ 08:22 PM Reply

I don't suppose anyone has done anything on this in the last week or so...?

Shameless bump

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 13th, 2012 @ 07:11 PM Reply

At 11/12/12 08:22 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: I don't suppose anyone has done anything on this in the last week or so...?
Shameless bump

I would be surprised if anyone has done anything at all.

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 14th, 2012 @ 11:56 PM Reply

At 11/13/12 07:11 PM, dem0lecule wrote: I would be surprised if anyone has done anything at all.

well, since obsidian's the only one that came up with a progression, we could try working on that?
or is there someone else still working on another progression?

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 11/14/12 11:56 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 11/13/12 07:11 PM, dem0lecule wrote: I would be surprised if anyone has done anything at all.
well, since obsidian's the only one that came up with a progression, we could try working on that?
or is there someone else still working on another progression?

Yes I have chord progressions ready (long time ago...) but hey, if I do this alone then what's left for the meaning this collab?

Who's the boss and how are we gonna communicate effectively with each other matter for the most.

BBS Signature
zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to S.s. Collab Discussion Thread Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 07:12 PM Reply

Who's the boss and how are we gonna communicate effectively with each other matter for the most.

I am, but I'm still trying to figure out my new living situation considering I lost my headphones in the transition to the new places, and haven't had much time as of late to focus on the collab at hand.

I'll be updating people tomorrow on their parts since the collab closed yesterday.

Hopefully this works out in the end, but I can't make any promises since I don't know what's happening to myself.