bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've done charity stuff in the past like with Power of Three - we should do another jam where everyone gives a % of earnings to a charity account. We could then have a one-month follow-up where we announce how much money the JAM raised so far. Could bring a better spirit to the whole thing.

Well, if memory serves me correctly, the Power of Three was never finished?
It would be definitely something worth hosting again though.

Saminat
Saminat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Voice Actor
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 12:34 PM, MSGhero wrote: Charity is always a good idea.

Also, we should stop blaming Jazza. The real culprit is zeedox and those damn backgrounds.
sarcasm...mostly ;)

Damn, I thought no one would ever catch on!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

NoLanLabs
NoLanLabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 01:07 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 09:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: 48 just works for the weekend but I'd love to have some longer jams, especially week-long jams. A lot more people could carve out time to make something if they had a week - even if they didn't dedicate the full week.

A weeklong jam would be great. I did the 7DFPS jam in June and it was really cool to see everyone's progress updates every day. With more time everyone was more relaxed and had time to comment on how people's ideas were developing, it was pretty cool.

Happy Robot Day 2014! Play our latest GAME! It's in 3-D!

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 01:11 PM Reply

Congrats to the Elvidian team, they did a beautifull game!
Well looking at all the submissions it was pretty obvious that they were going to win but IMO saying the runner ups would be a lot better for all the teams, since there were no official judge reviews and thats fine considering the time it took to reveal the winners, revealing the runner ups would be the best way to let the highest rated teams in the contest know they did a good job and also giving some tips on where to get the right inspiration for the next Game Jam.
And also fellow musicians even though few of us are mentioned in the reviews of the games i played all the of them and music was generally really good!

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
Hyptosis
Hyptosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 01:28 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 12:25 PM, Step wrote: I'm pretty surprised at the amount of complaints that JAZZA's on the winning team again. His team is amazing, they deserve it and whoever doesn't want to stand for it should just grow a pair and accept it. I'm sure he and his team worked hard on their game just like everyone else did. Instead of asking for the bar to be lowered for more fairness...

I think people were more demoralized by them winning a third time in a row than anything. I don't think a single person suggested they be exempted. It won't be much fun when everyone gives up and it's only them submitting will it? You 'grow a pair' and take the attitude elsewhere. Almost everyone in this thread has been totally reasonable and has avoided confrontation. If you're happy, you should express it, if a majority is unhappy, they all should express it. It's not a crime to say "Hey, I didn't have fun this time."

Don't try to stir up the coals on a cooled fire, please.

Hyptosis
Hyptosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 01:34 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 12:34 PM, MSGhero wrote: Charity is always a good idea.

Also, we should stop blaming Jazza. The real culprit is zeedox and those damn backgrounds.
sarcasm...mostly ;)

Haha, lets get our pitchforks and torches :P We know who to go after now.

All I know is I wish I was a part of their team :P But my other hand is filling up faster.

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 01:11 PM, DivoFST wrote:
And also fellow musicians even though few of us are mentioned in the reviews of the games i played all the of them and music was generally really good!

We audio peoples never get any credit :p It comes with the territory

Hyptosis
Hyptosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 02:30 PM, ZStriefel wrote:
At 10/16/12 01:11 PM, DivoFST wrote:
We audio peoples never get any credit :p It comes with the territory

Haha, what a rip off. Well to be fair, the few comments on our game almost all mentioned how great the music was. And our music WAS great. Musicians amaze me.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 01:28 PM, Hyptosis wrote: I think people were more demoralized by them winning a third time in a row than anything. I don't think a single person suggested they be exempted. It won't be much fun when everyone gives up and it's only them submitting will it? You 'grow a pair' and take the attitude elsewhere. Almost everyone in this thread has been totally reasonable and has avoided confrontation. If you're happy, you should express it, if a majority is unhappy, they all should express it. It's not a crime to say "Hey, I didn't have fun this time."

Don't try to stir up the coals on a cooled fire, please.

I am honestly not trying to start a fight. I'm only stating my opinion, and my opinion is that getting demoralised, losing confidence or feeling annoyed about JAZZA's victory is pointless and totally the wrong way to look at it. JAZZA and his team are talented and experienced. They deserve their victory and whoever loses confidence over them winning three times in a row is being overly sensitive or has the wrong attitude towards the game jam. As I said, the right attitude is to take that victory as motivation to get better because that ultimately produces the best result for the whole game jam and for yourself.

Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 02:45 PM, Hyptosis wrote:

Haha, what a rip off. Well to be fair, the few comments on our game almost all mentioned how great the music was. And our music WAS great. Musicians amaze me.

Ha, gotta admit.. your game definitely wins for best music ;D

squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 11:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've done charity stuff in the past like with Power of Three - we should do another jam where everyone gives a % of earnings to a charity account. We could then have a one-month follow-up where we announce how much money the JAM raised so far. Could bring a better spirit to the whole thing.

I would love that :D

It's the only way out!

KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 07:56 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 11:26 AM, ZStriefel wrote:
Call me crazy, but I know I'm not the best at what I do. And that pushes me forward to learn, and practice my craft more and more. When someone is better than me, I get freakn motivated, not discouraged. But maybe thats just me..

It's not just you, guy.. EXP is worth more than any store credit you could strive for!

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

Emrox
Emrox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 03:57 PM Reply

Hey I won something too

BBS Signature
KaDoYuu
KaDoYuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 03:57 PM, Emrox wrote: Hey I won something too

You can't play, next year! >:(

j/k

"Trolls are people who long ago gave up the will to live worthwhile lives, and now dedicate themselves to tormenting others, in attempts to drag victims down to their level."

egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 10/16/12 04:22 PM, Step wrote: I am honestly not trying to start a fight. I'm only stating my opinion, and my opinion is that getting demoralised, losing confidence or feeling annoyed about JAZZA's victory is pointless and totally the wrong way to look at it. JAZZA and his team are talented and experienced. They deserve their victory and whoever loses confidence over them winning three times in a row is being overly sensitive or has the wrong attitude towards the game jam. As I said, the right attitude is to take that victory as motivation to get better because that ultimately produces the best result for the whole game jam and for yourself.

I like a little competition, but I love it when I get pounded into the ground. That means I have more people I can badger with questions, and more to learn :3

I look at the stuff I did a few weeks ago and go "wow, look at how much i've grown! I though I was good before, but now..."
and if you look at it like that, then all you see if yourself getting better ^.^
though you gotta watch your ego with that ;)

the only thing that kills me is when I submit something I start looking at all the flaws in it and go "oh, man, they're gonna hate it" - then I start putting down my own creation in the hopes that all the negative i'll get hurts less.

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 11:53 AM Reply

Congrats to all the winners they deserve it, congrats and may we have enen more good stuff next time.

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
makehimanoffer
makehimanoffer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to NATA, Game & Art Jam Winners! Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 10:10 AM Reply

Well our game didn't win but the one that did wholly deserved it. The Jam was great fun and a few things have been knocked off the bucket list with our game:

• Cab In The Woods
    Cab In The Woods by Seppyb63

Be a Crazy Taxi for the Things That Go Bump in The Night

Score
    3.08 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

1. Get Featured on the Frontpage of Newgrounds for 2 days
2. Get 4k views in a day
3. Get 5k views.
4. Get 10k views in 3 days
5. Get 15k views in a week(and peak at around that).
6. Tom Fulp Talked about/played our Game. That is freaking hype as hell!!!

Thats a lot of things achieved with one NG Game Jam. Great Fun. Great Event. Great Theme (not as ambiguous as other jams -GGJ was ouroburos ffs ie anything you wanted-) For that I thank you. Hopefully will participate in some more jams. Sauce, The Sauce is awesome.

Hope the rest of you had as much fun as me and my team did.

Founder of xcvb Studios
Creator of XCVB: XCVB
My Website: http://www.xcvbstudios.com