New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-14 22:27:02 Reply

It's no secret that America is rotting with corruption right now. Accusations of corruption are flying left and right, and most of them are true. It's one thing that liberals and conservatives will agree on. However, the conflict usually comes into play when people ask where the corruption is worst, or where corruption is going untended. Liberals tend to say corporations are wreaking the most havoc, while conservatives lean towards the idea that the federal government is the bigger problem.

So, in your opinion, what is the most corrupt organization in the United States? This could be any branch or administration in the government or any specific company, either privately or publicly owned.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-14 23:10:47 Reply

It's a pair in my opinion. Wall Street and the SEC.

Wall Street is 100% about making money for itself, ethics and the rest of the country be damned. The SEC is all to happy to provide slaps on the wrst for multi billion dollar fraud cases, if it even chooses to act at all.

Little-Kinky
Little-Kinky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-14 23:23:39 Reply

I think corruption is just an overused word... Most organizations do what they are supposed to do.. In Wall Street's case, it's make money...

Think of public defenders. They're, in general, great lawyers. But they work for the government.

Not saying much more, just adding brain food.

Life is a party.
You are not invited.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-14 23:30:22 Reply

At 10/14/12 11:23 PM, Little-Kinky wrote: Think of public defenders. They're, in general, great lawyers. But they work for the government.

Hmm, haven't heard too many stories of public defenders being corrupt. In fact, they often have an image of being on eof the least corrupt in he legal industry. I have heard about corrupt prosecutors, and perhaps most often, corrupt non-public criminal defense attorneys.

wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-15 09:34:59 Reply

The entire government.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-15 17:02:45 Reply

Federal Reserve Bank.

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Riott
Riott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-16 11:58:14 Reply

At 10/14/12 10:27 PM, Kwing wrote: It's no secret that America is rotting with corruption right now. Accusations of corruption are flying left and right, and most of them are true. It's one thing that liberals and conservatives will agree on. However, the conflict usually comes into play when people ask where the corruption is worst, or where corruption is going untended. Liberals tend to say corporations are wreaking the most havoc, while conservatives lean towards the idea that the federal government is the bigger problem.

So, in your opinion, what is the most corrupt organization in the United States? This could be any branch or administration in the government or any specific company, either privately or publicly owned.

This one is easy, the Federal Reserve, hands down. For those of you who do not know it's not federal and they have no reserves. It's a private central bank, thats right, private, that is under no regulation by the government, and in fact literally have control over the government because they have full control of our currency. If there is any organization that will result in our country's doom it;s the fed.

BBS Signature
JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-16 13:51:00 Reply

At 10/14/12 11:30 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 10/14/12 11:23 PM, Little-Kinky wrote: Think of public defenders. They're, in general, great lawyers. But they work for the government.
Hmm, haven't heard too many stories of public defenders being corrupt. In fact, they often have an image of being on eof the least corrupt in he legal industry. I have heard about corrupt prosecutors, and perhaps most often, corrupt non-public criminal defense attorneys.

Public defenders are notorious for dragging cases out since they get paid by the hour, especially in higher jeopardy cases where their pay is usually bumped dramatically.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
science-is-fun
science-is-fun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-16 15:47:38 Reply

It's us, the voters, who are supposed to keep our leaders in check.

In the past we were wealthy and educated enough not to be easily manipulated, yet poor enough to care about what happens.

Now we have become decadent and lazy, we either want someone else to do the work for us and give us the money for silly reasons or we don't want to cooperate and share with other people at all, we're basically squabbling over who gets to use the government to force other people to pay for their stuff while ignoring rampant corruption and the people who are actually in need and don't have the energy or the time to unite and lobby for more special privileges.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-16 17:06:07 Reply

At 10/16/12 01:51 PM, JoS wrote: Public defenders are notorious for dragging cases out since they get paid by the hour, especially in higher jeopardy cases where their pay is usually bumped dramatically.

Public defenders are actually paid on salary. The only type of indigent defense that gets paid by the hour are contract attorneys. These are private firms that contract with the local public defense administration. How they get paid varies greatly but the funds there are extremely limited. Thurston County Washington pays a flat rate based on the level of the crime and the stage at which the issue is resolved (e.g. thrown out at arraignment, plea, trial). They have an exception for cases that run long, but in order to actually get paid over the rate the case is thoroughly reviewed by a board of attorneys (one of which I know, who explained the process to me) and decides on a case by case basis whether the attorney deserves more for their work.

All of the public defenders I worked with (rather, against) only ever dragged out a case when it was of worth to the client. They had so many cases ont heir plate that they did not need to drag anything out in order to get their salary. If anything, the attorneys who were not acting in the best interest of their client (they all definitely were ating in the interest of their clients, but there were times where I could see a few select attorneys hold a bit less importance or dedication to the interest) would try to get rid of the case quickly so they could focus on their other cases.

Th-e
Th-e
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-16 17:50:59 Reply

I am going to have to go with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ).

I have focused a lot of attention to the WTC "rebuilding" process. From the original rejected designs to the phony design composition, from the birdcage Freedom Tower to the bunker based Freedom Tower, and so on.

The Port Authority has never listened to the people throughout the "rebuilding" process, and their bigwigs chose what the new WTC would be, ignoring calls from the majority to rebuild the Twin Towers and spending billions of taxpayer dollars to build an inferior "Freedom Tower" and smaller towers, an overpriced transit hub, and a pit "memorial" that costs $60 million a year to operate. They decided everything directly or indirectly, eliminated nearly every trace of the former WTC from the site, and expected us to regard it as "America coming back stronger."

Their decisions almost always took place behind closed doors.

A $15 billion terrorist trophy, with the taxpayers paying for it.

In addition, drivers had to put up with toll hikes so the PA could cover their costs. And more essential projects have been delayed or cancelled because of this. The Port Authority has blatantly raped America and has robbed money from the people for their own selfish ambitions.

Feel no mercy for me. It will only cause you to suffer as well.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-17 10:59:26 Reply

I think the most corrupt organization might be PETA. It's mostly because they're an organization that supports the fire bombing of animal testing labs while at the same time, some members are diabetics that use animal products. They also oppose animal research, which consists of 85% of all medial research. It's probably my favorite episode of Penn and Teller's show. I mean, astrologers, as dumb as they are, at least aren't corrupt enough to defy so much medical progress.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-19 23:18:18 Reply

At 10/14/12 11:23 PM, Little-Kinky wrote: I think corruption is just an overused word... Most organizations do what they are supposed to do.. In Wall Street's case, it's make money...

That's tantamount to saying rape is ok as long as it is done by a private corporation and not out in the open.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-19 23:33:05 Reply

The Parent Teacher Association. true stuff they are just trying to fuck over the kids.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Most Corrupt Organization In The Us 2012-10-19 23:48:06 Reply

I despise PETA. They're selfish, lying sacks of shit who blow all of their money on advertisement instead of helping animals. And not only do they kill most of the animals they save, but they are also constantly protesting things that don't matter instead of cracking down on actual threats to animals.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature