New Topic Respond to this Topic
CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 03:57:03 Reply

Increasing polarization of politics and in effect the people of America, with the added out of control gun ownership leads me to believe another civil war could potentially happen. Thoughts?

Related

Thecrazyman
Thecrazyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Gamer
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 05:32:15 Reply

At 10/13/12 03:57 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote: Increasing polarization of politics and in effect the people of America, with the added out of control gun ownership leads me to believe another civil war could potentially happen. Thoughts?

Related

The only way another American Civil War can take place is when States within the Nation itself start seceding from the Nation, in other words if States within the Nation have sheer intent to withdraw away themselves from this very Nation, there's gonna be another American Civil War because of it.

The only way we the American People notice signs of another Civil War is when States within this Nation decide with the sheer intent to fully declare National Secession, is this happening right now? I don't recall anything of such on the news as of recent and I honestly pray hope it doesn't happen any moment soon.

If it ever did happen before 2020, only then I'm moving to Canada, that is if it's ever allowed to happen witch in turn shouldn't be ever allowed to happen, things will go chaotic if another American Civil War is ever allowed to take place not to mention the fact it will be much more uglier then the last.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 05:34:36 Reply

Nobody has the balls for it...

The end.

Never going to happen. The army is waaaay too strong, and nobody actually gives enough of a damn. Never gonna happen.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Programmer
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 05:36:29 Reply

At 10/13/12 05:34 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Nobody has the balls for it...

The end.

Never going to happen. The army is waaaay too strong, and nobody actually gives enough of a damn. Never gonna happen.

have to agree there and there is a whole lot of people not giving a damn s it doesn't look like a civil war will happen.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 08:07:36 Reply

THE NEW AMERICAN CIVIL IS A CONSPIRACY BY THE MUSLIMS TO KILL ALL THE JEWS IN NORTH AMERICAN AND ESTABLISH A NEW WORLD ORDER

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 11:07:14 Reply

At 10/13/12 03:57 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote: Increasing polarization of politics and in effect the people of America, with the added out of control gun ownership leads me to believe another civil war could potentially happen. Thoughts?

Related

There would be no as you say civil war but more so a Civil Slaughter. Do you grasp the man power and WMDs and crowd control that the Military and police have in America. I am sorry but to bare arms against the tyrant that has become the American empire cannot be won with what amounts to pop guns and slingshots LOL.

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 11:34:50 Reply

It would take something huge to get some states to secede, the good thing is since the population isn't all centralized in one or two regions like it was in the civil war, The congress wouldn't pass anything that would cause it, and if it did i'm sure the supreme court would strike it down (at least i hope they do, they might not seeing how they allowed obamacare)

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 12:03:50 Reply

I seriously doubt it, if there ever was another Civil War then it'd probably be over Rich Vs. Poor in which case I'd be supporting the poor all the way.

BBS Signature
egg82
egg82
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 12:06:26 Reply

At 10/13/12 12:03 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I seriously doubt it, if there ever was another Civil War then it'd probably be over Rich Vs. Poor in which case I'd be supporting the poor all the way.

rooting for the losing team, there.

still, i'd support "poor" all the way as well. 'Till the very bloody end.

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)
PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.
thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 12:45:25 Reply

Related

Conservatives seem peaceful, it's Liberals who have been in the news bullying/harassing our Students as of lately. If Mitt Romney wins the election and there's a riot than you'll see the true side of how tolerant Liberals really are.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 13:39:33 Reply

A second Civil War would be impossible. The federal government could wipe any rebellion easily. Just like they did last time, and mostly for the same reasons.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 14:06:53 Reply

Nobody gives enough of shit to do it. Everyone is too distracted about Real Housewives or the new smartphone coming out to actually stand up for their rights.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 14:17:18 Reply

At 10/13/12 02:06 PM, Cootie wrote: Nobody gives enough of shit to do it. Everyone is too distracted about Real Housewives or the new smartphone coming out to actually stand up for their rights.

So true.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 14:18:54 Reply

At 10/13/12 02:06 PM, Cootie wrote: Nobody gives enough of shit to do it. Everyone is too distracted about Real Housewives or the new smartphone coming out to actually stand up for their rights.

Nah, there's plenty of people enlisting still.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-13 22:05:39 Reply

Simply put, no.

The closest we came to another civil war over the last 150 years or so was the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, and as heated as that was, it was only the KKK, extremist politicians and a general society of bigots in the South that caused all of the trouble. Even with the riots and other criminal actions committed at the time, that was a picnic in the park compared to the Civil War.

Too many factors have to happen in order to get another Civil War on U.S. soil, and I don't think that anyone out there is willing to risk getting slaughtered for their cause.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-14 02:26:45 Reply

I just don't see something like that happening.

Politicians and their supporters talk big but I don't think they want to kill each or get themselves hurt or anything they just want to be loud and annoying and whine enough until things go their way.

At the most there will be protests and violent incidents and shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-14 04:33:59 Reply

I don't understand why some people think a civil war absolutely must be preceded by states' intent of secession. It's far more common to foment an uprising against the current government and try to instate a new one. If distinctive territories even could be drawn in a second American civil war, it would more likely be along county lines, and in some cases even along civic borders. Indeed, the most recent "battle maps" of civil warfare depict which cities with how many people are controlled by which faction, with the geographic territory not being attributed to anyone. (See this map of Syria for a current example.)

Anyway, as polarized as we are at the moment, I don't think another civil war is likely to happen anytime soon. The only scenario where I can see this coming anywhere close to happening is if the electoral vote gets split in a 269-to-269 tie, and the odds of that are astronomical in scale. And even then, it would take the government itself splitting apart over the issue, taking sides against each other, and rallying their respective supporters behind them.

The military would be an 'X' factor: they might stand firmly on the side of the appointed president because they see it as their duty to do so, or a number of them could decide it's their duty as the country's protectors to get the appointed out of power. This is why I always shake my head at people who assume the army will crush any uprising before it starts; there's a good chance some of the combatants will be soldiers and officers themselves, and it's not unheard of for people to change loyalties mid-conflict.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-14 10:38:34 Reply

I doubt it, because there have always been tensions between different states and in the Civil War, it was only because states were so extremely different with the South relying on slaves and the North being so technologically advanced. You would have to have a major conflict arise and people know that with all the problems we're having overseas, this would simply be a bad idea for anyone.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-14 17:38:53 Reply

I would say it's pretty impossible. Sure red States and blue states tend to crop up together geographically, but easy, modern methods of travel has weakened state identity. People move around the United States freely for business pleasure and relocation at a far higher rate. Issues don't divide the country like they used to.

Plus, every state without exception relies on the support of the central government so seceding would be incredibly unpopular for all those involved.

BBS Signature
TucoM
TucoM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-16 12:53:10 Reply

At 10/13/12 05:34 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Nobody has the balls for it...

The end.

The military might be strong, but our civilian leadership lacks the balls to openly kill Americans.......but, yeah, nobody gives enough of a shit to revolt.......at this time.

BBS Signature
ViolentAJ
ViolentAJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Game Developer
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-24 17:06:05 Reply

There is a civil war on the horizon. Read Thomas Chittum's Civil War II. America is a failure in large part due to the fact that you can't just throw incompatible races together in the same area and tell them to get along. It just won't work, and anyone that thinks otherwise is either a fool or a despot.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-24 22:38:15 Reply

Increased polarization of Democrats and Republicans will more likely lead to a third party(s) uprising, like Libertarians, rather than a civil war. A Democratic or Republican president/congress will both prolong war in the middle east and continue wasteful spending. Really, these parties only differ in social and environmental practices.

No Republican (other than Ron Paul) or Democrat will pledge to remove all of our troops immediately from the middle east and end these senseless wars. Until Americans make withdrawing from the middle-east their top issue, no shift in policy, much less a "civil war", will occur.

EisUndStahl
EisUndStahl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-25 17:25:20 Reply

Maybe we can recruit Mel Gibson.

ApparatusUnearth
ApparatusUnearth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-25 17:33:25 Reply

There are a lot of people with really strong political opinions, but not enough who would actually act upon them. So no.

OKLAHOMA CITY BEAT THE GRIZZLIES. TAKE THAT AUSTIN.

PSN ID: ApparatusUnearth

Jmayer20
Jmayer20
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-26 11:08:52 Reply

To be honest I haven't really seen any real sign that indicate that we are heeding for a civil war. Sure we are political divided but its been that way since the founding fathers. I have not seen mass rioting all over the country or large protests in Washington. (At lest a few thousand people.) Also there were violent clashes in places like Kansas (it was called bloody Kansas) before the civil war.

I have not seen any of these things and until I do I think a civil war is unlikely.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to New civil war on approach? 2012-10-26 11:18:37 Reply

Stop watching so much cable news.

BBS Signature