Be a Supporter!

halo 4 or black ops 2

  • 3,533 Views
  • 102 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-18 17:35:43 Reply

Halo 4, I am hoping. While I do think Halo is a bit generic, I do feel it's better than Call of Duty, artistically, simply because with each new Halo game, the graphics and aesthetics get better with each installment. I was a big fan of Halo 2 back when I was younger, but now that I am a little jaded, I feel more unique games need to get the spotlight, and neither of these games deserve that spotlight. I think in order for this medium to be truly recognized as art, more creative games need to start selling, and frankly, I don't know how this is even possible, but consumers are not willing to show support for artistic games, which is a real shame.

What has this industry come to?


SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-18 17:38:08 Reply

At 10/13/12 11:22 AM, Travis wrote: At least 343 isn't using a 7 year old shit engine.

That's probably the greatest callout in this thread.


SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-18 17:46:36 Reply

Halo 4, mostly for the story


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
BinaryDood
BinaryDood
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-19 02:44:59 Reply

I dont care who sells more. Halo seems interesting, since its copiyng alot of stuff from Metroid Prime so far

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-19 13:31:22 Reply

At 10/19/12 02:44 AM, BinaryDood wrote: I dont care who sells more. Halo seems interesting, since its copiyng alot of stuff from Metroid Prime so far

What? Explain.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Member since: May. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-19 15:22:38 Reply

Halo of course. Bitches love aliens.


BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-19 19:28:08 Reply

Black Ops 2 will sell more, but I like Halo 4 more.


That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-19 19:34:05 Reply

At 10/19/12 01:31 PM, II2none wrote:
At 10/19/12 02:44 AM, BinaryDood wrote: I dont care who sells more. Halo seems interesting, since its copiyng alot of stuff from Metroid Prime so far
What? Explain.

yeah, please do explain.

inb4 "person wearing suit shoots energy guns"

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-19 21:20:28 Reply

Why are people even comparing the two? They aren't even in the same genre. Halo is a first person shooter and CoD is...just a piece of shit. But I would say CoD just because of how the amount of shit eating gamers out weigh other players.


BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-20 02:32:08 Reply

Halo 4

halo 4 or black ops 2


That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-20 02:38:19 Reply

At 10/20/12 02:32 AM, EtchASketchClock wrote: Halo 4

What on earth is that abomination...

Emma
Emma
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-20 02:57:40 Reply

Black Ops 2 will easily outsell H4, but both will be awful games.


BBS Signature
PrincessLuna
PrincessLuna
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-20 04:23:22 Reply

Halo 4, I have the special edition preordered. I've never been into Call of Duty too much, I liked it back in the first Modern Warfare, but I feel that it hasn't been as good since.


BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-20 08:40:17 Reply

treyarch have totally changed their game just so people don't say "well why would i buy shoot the brown russian islamic dudes with the same guns edition 20 when i can buy halo?". i'd be more worried about whether people will like either game, because they both have hefty changes. the sales are pretty irrelevant because call of duty will always be the top seller as long as children keep asking for violence under the christmas tree.


 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Parlux
Parlux
  • Member since: May. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-20 17:36:03 Reply

I'm getting halo 4, a new team with new fresh ideas. I'm looking forward to multiplayer because I hear that it has to do with part of the story and it adds a new chapter to the lore. I hear there gonna have a season of Co-Op episodes with the spartan 4's and it's like a free season pass like other co op DLC.

I'm tired of the old rehash call of duty games and I also got rage on a prettty sweet deal and I like it so far so it will keep me busy


BBS Signature
FutalRage
FutalRage
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-20 17:55:11 Reply

At 10/13/12 09:07 AM, simon wrote:
At 10/13/12 06:48 AM, BumFodder wrote: Looks like 343 may have ruined halo anyway.
Agreed, they already ruined Halo with Anniversary, but the downfall of Halo will be 4. Black Ops 2 will be great, Treyarch has never failed with Call of Duty.

Okay really? NEVER failed? Let me point out first that COD games have been around since BEFORE the 360 was in every 12 year olds' (or adult for that matter) living room. in that time they have put out 17 games. Also let me point out that the first about 10 were T rating because EA games was on a "We will never put out a M rated game" Then BAM out of no where they got their heads out of their asses and produced a decent story and game play. Then like a 90s club hopper kept doing the same thing over and over again because no one had enough brains to realize they are pissing away their cash. I personally will buy another Halo game (keep in mind I ended at Halo 3) before I even in a drunken, coked up, shroomed, and near death over dose on pills random thought phathom about thinking about buying another COD game.

They games aren' good most of the fans are just so brain washed and indoctrinated into thinking there is something interestin in the damn thing. You want to know why COD is so fun? Because its the only chance and on the wet eared closet masterbaters get a chance to see "action"

I'll give some credit in reguards tp Black ops. They finally realized after 15 games that people can drop when funning and NOT stop where they tried to. I'm guessing someone finally paid attention in a BASIC science course about potential and kenetic energy.

And Halo is slowly turning into Call of Duty: Space ops.

Added rant notes: Does anyone in EA realize there are more creos in th Millitary other than piss ant and spec ops? Seriously? I'm pretty sure the seals are the only naval referance in any of them maybe a few cut sceans or dialog bu thats about it. And all of them are a bad ass. Why not a pure green horn out of basic that pisses his pants and gets startled easy?

I can see it now. He walks lightly the swear pouring off his face in some clearly-meant-to-look-and-be-racist town. The safty off because he doesn't know any better, finger already gripped on the trigger.... then a bird flys he jumps squeezing the trigger the rest of the way shooting some random old ladies cat and because of the situation pisses all over himself.

~Fin rant

FutalRage
FutalRage
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-20 17:57:25 Reply

where is an edit button when I so desprately need one lol.

FutalRage
FutalRage
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-21 08:47:19 Reply

At 10/20/12 06:35 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/20/12 05:55 PM, FutalRage wrote: They games aren' good most of the fans are just so brain washed and indoctrinated into thinking there is something interestin in the damn thing. You want to know why COD is so fun? Because its the only chance and on the wet eared closet masterbaters get a chance to see "action"
I love when people think that their opinions on video games somehow make them better than other people. I especially love it when they don't even look at what they're typing before they hit "post."

I love when people attempt to call something out and only use the things the person pointed out as their mistake. You could do better. Personally I was a fan of your clear need to make sure no one mistakens what you want to emphasize. Are your points so hard for peple to get that you have to go t the extra effort of using the HTMLs? You could do better,with less effort. However I love more so the kind of people that say nothing in a thread till they find something to bitch about to stray from topic. Here I'll even keep us on topic and point out you remind me of a COD fan. See not only on topic in the slightest and most trivial of ways and still have a chance to remind you. You could do better.

simon
simon
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-21 14:50:51 Reply

At 10/17/12 10:15 AM, CalamityCB wrote: Actually it's set in the future and has futuristic weapons, robots. ect. which mostly fits into science fiction. By the way OP Blops 2 will probably sell more (due to multiplatform) but Halo 4 overall will most likely be a better game with a longer lifespan aka not be replaced by a new game next year.

The only thing that fits in with "science fiction" are the C.L.A.W. drones, the rest of the material used for Black Ops 2 is real life military equipment that they plan to use in the future. Just because something is using a futuristic setting doesn't mean it's science fiction, that usually applies to things that don't exist. Is Zombies classed as science fiction too? If so, then I'll be content with calling Black Ops 2 science fiction.


ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
FutalRage
FutalRage
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-21 16:05:18 Reply

At 10/21/12 03:27 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/21/12 08:47 AM, FutalRage wrote: You could do better.
Was all that shit supposed to be English?

Also, you never did answer my central point:

How does your subjective taste in video games make you superior to other people?

Next you will go through my post with a fine tooth comb and fix my errors. You are better than the common argumentitive asshat start acting like it.

As to your point:
Never said that it did, it was your perception that drew you to that conclution from my wording. I could simply just be the kind of person that say that about everything could I not? Maybe it isn't abou the game at all and I have such an ego that everything is beneith me. Or maybe I've gotten sick of every COD fan pretending to be excited about the next yearly game and hope to single handledly kill fan faith in games faster than EA can butcher another game? In anycase... This is the part where you start taking apart every single sentance to try and choke someone on their own words now isn't it? Come on give me a new tactic you either A. haven't used yet and/or B isn't used by everyone would be typing hero. As I said before you can do better.

"You have to test yourself everyday"Emilo Estavez as Bill the Kid

FutalRage
FutalRage
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-21 16:42:04 Reply

At 10/21/12 04:24 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 10/21/12 04:05 PM, FutalRage wrote: Maybe it isn't abou the game at all and I have such an ego that everything is beneith me.
Nah, I'm just going to go with that. I've dealt with megalomaniacs before, and you seem to have all the symptoms.

Good day.

Nice deflection, but poor cover. Take care

vannila-guerilla
vannila-guerilla
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-21 17:00:47 Reply

Black Ops 2 will be stronger due to the fact it will be on all 3 of the major systems, instead of being an X Box 360 exclusive title.


Sega and Nintendo fan group on FacebooklBe Billy's Followerl Wii U name: Billy_Martin l PSN: Opackersfan

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-21 23:23:11 Reply

At 10/20/12 05:55 PM, FutalRage wrote:
At 10/13/12 09:07 AM, simon wrote:
At 10/13/12 06:48 AM, BumFodder wrote: Looks like 343 may have ruined halo anyway.
Agreed, they already ruined Halo with Anniversary, but the downfall of Halo will be 4. Black Ops 2 will be great, Treyarch has never failed with Call of Duty.
Then like a 90s club hopper kept doing the same thing over and over again because no one had enough brains to realize they are pissing away their cash.

The "COD does the same-thing over and over again" argument is the poorest and excuse I've ever heard. If it really was the same thing over and over again Activision/infinity ward wouldn't be making twice as much money on each sequel release and aside from common sense the fact that MW3 broke sell records irrefutably calls you out on your bullshit.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
FutalRage
FutalRage
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-22 08:11:15 Reply

At 10/21/12 11:23 PM, II2none wrote:
At 10/20/12 05:55 PM, FutalRage wrote:
At 10/13/12 09:07 AM, simon wrote:
At 10/13/12 06:48 AM, BumFodder wrote: Looks like 343 may have ruined halo anyway.
Agreed, they already ruined Halo with Anniversary, but the downfall of Halo will be 4. Black Ops 2 will be great, Treyarch has never failed with Call of Duty.
Then like a 90s club hopper kept doing the same thing over and over again because no one had enough brains to realize they are pissing away their cash.
The "COD does the same-thing over and over again" argument is the poorest and excuse I've ever heard. If it really was the same thing over and over again Activision/infinity ward wouldn't be making twice as much money on each sequel release and aside from common sense the fact that MW3 broke sell records irrefutably calls you out on your bullshit.

Really? Tell what has changed. Oh yeah changing the war changes EVERYTHING. You can upgrade the weapons, change the names, and make rocks look more like rocks. Doesn't change the fact that it has a predictable AI, lacking in story that attaches to the player. And I don't mean the okay next mission. I mean one where you don't have to try to have feelings for the characters. The only time they give you that way shape or form of a feeling is at the near death ending that happened in MW and MW2. I haven't played the 3rd to say that it doesn't but I'd be willing to be it does.

I will give the CODs one complament however. When it comes to the advertising they make you want to know more.

simon
simon
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-22 09:05:09 Reply

At 10/22/12 08:11 AM, FutalRage wrote: I haven't played the 3rd to say that it doesn't but I'd be willing to be it does.

MW3 is quite shit, best just to forget it exists.


ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-22 11:44:46 Reply

At 10/22/12 08:11 AM, FutalRage wrote:
Really? Tell what has changed. Oh yeah changing the war changes EVERYTHING. You can upgrade the weapons, change the names, and make rocks look more like rocks. Doesn't change the fact that it has a predictable AI, lacking in story that attaches to the player. And I don't mean the okay next mission. I mean one where you don't have to try to have feelings for the characters. The only time they give you that way shape or form of a feeling is at the near death ending that happened in MW and MW2. I haven't played the 3rd to say that it doesn't but I'd be willing to be it does.

I will give the CODs one complament however. When it comes to the advertising they make you want to know more.

Wait a minute I thought they only did the "same thing over and over again" so how can MW and MW2 be different in emotional impact if they're all just "copy paste"? We all know for a fact that COD 1- MW3 are all the same therefore every opinion should be damn near fact. Your own criticism just proved my point. Predictable AI....okay so what? Lots of FPS/TPS AI can get predictable if you play it enough, doesn't make them any less challenging if you up the difficulty. No personal attachment to the story mostly true outside of them making your mute hero go through these badass cinematics every chance they get which is the main lure that gets people into story mode.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
FutalRage
FutalRage
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-24 08:07:26 Reply

At 10/22/12 11:44 AM, II2none wrote:
At 10/22/12 08:11 AM, FutalRage wrote:
Really? Tell what has changed. Oh yeah changing the war changes EVERYTHING. You can upgrade the weapons, change the names, and make rocks look more like rocks. Doesn't change the fact that it has a predictable AI, lacking in story that attaches to the player. And I don't mean the okay next mission. I mean one where you don't have to try to have feelings for the characters. The only time they give you that way shape or form of a feeling is at the near death ending that happened in MW and MW2. I haven't played the 3rd to say that it doesn't but I'd be willing to be it does.

I will give the CODs one complament however. When it comes to the advertising they make you want to know more.
Wait a minute I thought they only did the "same thing over and over again" so how can MW and MW2 be different in emotional impact if they're all just "copy paste"? We all know for a fact that COD 1- MW3 are all the same therefore every opinion should be damn near fact. Your own criticism just proved my point. Predictable AI....okay so what? Lots of FPS/TPS AI can get predictable if you play it enough, doesn't make them any less challenging if you up the difficulty. No personal attachment to the story mostly true outside of them making your mute hero go through these badass cinematics every chance they get which is the main lure that gets people into story mode.

It was the closest thing to an example I could think of and with both know that is the closest that you get to it. Using the phrase "The only time they give you that way shape or form of a feeling is at the near death..." And they had to do it by killing your character. You polish a shit all you get is pollished shit. We can go back and forith on it but they have been making AI that learns what the user does since at least the first xbox. The AL isn't what gets harder with the CODs it tends to b the number of people or the weapons they use. Halo has had this system as well and they found a way around it, but they are working with aliens. Its not like they can just spawn a giant russian to be a meat sheild.... oh wait

II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-24 21:06:53 Reply

At 10/24/12 08:07 AM, FutalRage wrote:
It was the closest thing to an example I could think of and with both know that is the closest that you get to it. Using the phrase "The only time they give you that way shape or form of a feeling is at the near death..." And they had to do it by killing your character. You polish a shit all you get is pollished shit. We can go back and forith on it but they have been making AI that learns what the user does since at least the first xbox. The AL isn't what gets harder with the CODs it tends to b the number of people or the weapons they use.

Sorry but your issue with COD is silly. How is AI learning what the user does is a bad thing? Doesn't that destroy one of the other bullshit arguments "lack of challenge." If we're talking online where a sniper can out a shotgun in close quarter combat then yeah I'd agree that's bullshit. But I fail to understand your issue with the AI.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-25 16:54:45 Reply

At 10/22/12 11:44 AM, II2none wrote:
Wait a minute I thought they only did the "same thing over and over again" so how can MW and MW2 be different in emotional impact if they're all just "copy paste"? We all know for a fact that COD 1- MW3 are all the same therefore every opinion should be damn near fact. Predictable AI....okay so what? Lots of FPS/TPS AI can get predictable if you play it enough, doesn't make them any less challenging if you up the difficulty. No personal attachment to the story mostly true outside of them making your mute hero go through these badass cinematics every chance they get which is the main lure that gets people into story mode.

God your logic is bad, honestly some of the worst logic I've heard in a while. Christ, I think that's the worst I've heard all month actually


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
FutalRage
FutalRage
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to halo 4 or black ops 2 2012-10-26 15:22:28 Reply

At 10/24/12 09:06 PM, II2none wrote: Sorry but your issue with COD is silly. How is AI learning what the user does is a bad thing? Doesn't that destroy one of the other bullshit arguments "lack of challenge." If we're talking online where a sniper can out a shotgun in close quarter combat then yeah I'd agree that's bullshit. But I fail to understand your issue with the AI.

I just told you they don't do that but thank you for agreeing with me that it isn't a bad thing. And yes Adding numbers isn't a challenge is fucking cannon foder, bullet spounge, lead sack. It doesn't make it any harder just gives you more chances to shoot. Or in most COD situations spray and pray