Be a Supporter!

Plotholes in the Mario Continuity

  • 2,474 Views
  • 54 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 19th, 2012 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 11/19/12 11:19 AM, oobooglunk wrote:
At 11/12/12 04:07 AM, Mismo wrote: Why is Mario still a plumber when he used to work as a doctor?
With a leader like Princess Peach, it's no surprise that Mario lost his far better job. The economy in the Mushroom Kingdom is indubitably horrible.

Come to think of it, maybe those "rescues" are just odd jobs that he does to earn money. I mean he starts of with zero coins, and gather enough through the course of the game to buy himself a life.

or more


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 11/19/12 11:30 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 11/19/12 11:19 AM, oobooglunk wrote:
At 11/12/12 04:07 AM, Mismo wrote: Why is Mario still a plumber when he used to work as a doctor?
With a leader like Princess Peach, it's no surprise that Mario lost his far better job. The economy in the Mushroom Kingdom is indubitably horrible.
Come to think of it, maybe those "rescues" are just odd jobs that he does to earn money. I mean he starts of with zero coins, and gather enough through the course of the game to buy himself a life.

or more

Precisely. He gets more money from doing that than he does from cleaning toilets. I'm pretty sure he's just using it as an excuse to avoid doing his actual job. MARIO FOR HIRE!


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 20th, 2012 @ 05:35 AM Reply

At 11/20/12 12:26 AM, oobooglunk wrote:
At 11/19/12 11:30 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 11/19/12 11:19 AM, oobooglunk wrote:
At 11/12/12 04:07 AM, Mismo wrote: Why is Mario still a plumber when he used to work as a doctor?
With a leader like Princess Peach, it's no surprise that Mario lost his far better job. The economy in the Mushroom Kingdom is indubitably horrible.
Come to think of it, maybe those "rescues" are just odd jobs that he does to earn money. I mean he starts of with zero coins, and gather enough through the course of the game to buy himself a life.

or more
Precisely. He gets more money from doing that than he does from cleaning toilets. I'm pretty sure he's just using it as an excuse to avoid doing his actual job. MARIO FOR HIRE!

Not to be mistaken for the internet series called "Sonic for hire", in which Mario was a powerful mob boss.

until he died to death


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 12:19 AM Reply


Not to be mistaken for the internet series called "Sonic for hire", in which Mario was a powerful mob boss.

until he died to death

That's exactly what I was referencing.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 01:26 AM Reply

By the way, what do you think of the theory that Super Mario Bros. 3 was actually a play? Source here:

http://www.cracked.com/article_19882_6-insane-but-convincing -fan-theories-about-kids-cartoons.html?wa_user1=1&wa_user2=M ovies+%26+TV&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=companion


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

joe9320
joe9320
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 04:56 AM Reply

No such thing as continuity in Mario series as far as I know.


I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:35 PM Reply

At 11/21/12 04:56 AM, joe9320 wrote: No such thing as continuity in Mario series as far as I know.

I'm here to fix that, friend-o.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

LDAF
LDAF
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:24 PM Reply

Aliens were in Super Mario Land. As far as I know, they never came back for round 2 in either Galaxy or Galaxy 2. What gives?


Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:07 AM Reply

At 11/21/12 04:56 AM, joe9320 wrote: No such thing as continuity in Mario series as far as I know.

Well I know that Super Marion Sunshine is a sequel to Super Mario 64. Then i don't know if the Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 follows after that storyline, but I would draw the conclusion they at least have their own continuity.


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Nov. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:59 PM Reply

At 11/22/12 10:24 PM, LDAF wrote: Aliens were in Super Mario Land. As far as I know, they never came back for round 2 in either Galaxy or Galaxy 2. What gives?

You mean Tatanga? Mario brought down his airship, so I doubt he would be in good enough condition to return for another battle.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 05:38 AM, Austerity wrote: The biggest plothole: what ever happened to Mallow and Geno?

I know that Geno makes a cameo in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. He works as a minigame host, if you will. As for Mallow, I guess he's still prince of his people.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:42 PM Reply

If Bowser's the enemy, why is always at the parties and races and such?

Also, if Mario's only a plumber, why can he and Luigi afford to buy whole circuits and statues of them? And to host parties?

It makes more sense to me if there is no plot line, but rather its all a show and these characters are essentially famous people.


BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 12/2/12 02:42 PM, Revo357912 wrote: If Bowser's the enemy, why is always at the parties and races and such?

He comes during a truce; their war is a political matter, after all.


Also, if Mario's only a plumber, why can he and Luigi afford to buy whole circuits and statues of them? And to host parties?

That's where Princess Peach puts all the kingdom's funding.


It makes more sense to me if there is no plot line, but rather its all a show and these characters are essentially famous people.

LOL


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

Revo357912
Revo357912
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 12:25 AM Reply

Okay then, when did bowser have his kids and who is the mother?

And where does Princess Daisy take place in the story line?

Also, where does Princess Peach get the funds to host said parties and races and such?

(I still think they are all famous actors and the games we play are basically tv shows in the mushroom kingdom)


BBS Signature
BatOuttaHellStudios
BatOuttaHellStudios
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Filmmaker
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 01:21 AM Reply

How'd Mario move from Brooklyn to the Mushroom Kingdom?


BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:06 AM Reply

At 12/3/12 01:21 AM, BatOuttaHellStudios wrote: How'd Mario move from Brooklyn to the Mushroom Kingdom?

Pipeline obviously.


#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 12/3/12 12:25 AM, Revo357912 wrote: Okay then, when did Bowser have his kids and who is the mother?

Bowser Jr. was born from the womb of Peach (presumably, I still don't quite get the ending to Sunshine), and the Koopalings are, according to Miyamoto himself, adopted. They're not his kids.


And where does Princess Daisy take place in the story line?

She debuted in Super Mario Land. Look it up.


Also, where does Princess Peach get the funds to host said parties and races and such?

She's the ruler of the entire kingdom. She can use the tax money from her subjects to do that.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

SuperSampleStar
SuperSampleStar
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:12 PM Reply

What the hell is Waluigi's backstory???

First time we see him is in Mario Tennis N64, but in every other game he's in, he's most of the time tagging along Wario or just in Party/Racing games. At least with Wario it's explained in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins that he's from another dimension/land but is not related to Mario... and that was YEARS ago in the 90's. Only thing I've come across so far is on the Mario Wiki that he MIGHT be cousins with Luigi or is SOMEWHAT related to Wario, but nothing is confirmed.


BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 12:00 AM Reply

At 12/3/12 09:12 PM, SuperSampleStar wrote: What the hell is Waluigi's backstory???

First time we see him is in Mario Tennis N64, but in every other game he's in, he's most of the time tagging along Wario or just in Party/Racing games. At least with Wario it's explained in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins that he's from another dimension/land but is not related to Mario... and that was YEARS ago in the 90's. Only thing I've come across so far is on the Mario Wiki that he MIGHT be cousins with Luigi or is SOMEWHAT related to Wario, but nothing is confirmed.

OK, that's the one thing I could never answer. I think he's just a Luigi poser who hangs out with Wario, but your guess is as good as mine.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 12/5/12 12:00 AM, oobooglunk wrote:
At 12/3/12 09:12 PM, SuperSampleStar wrote: What the hell is Waluigi's backstory???

First time we see him is in Mario Tennis N64, but in every other game he's in, he's most of the time tagging along Wario or just in Party/Racing games. At least with Wario it's explained in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins that he's from another dimension/land but is not related to Mario... and that was YEARS ago in the 90's. Only thing I've come across so far is on the Mario Wiki that he MIGHT be cousins with Luigi or is SOMEWHAT related to Wario, but nothing is confirmed.
OK, that's the one thing I could never answer. I think he's just a Luigi poser who hangs out with Wario, but your guess is as good as mine.

FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! AFTER ALL THIS TIME! It may not look like it, but I went through a lot of trouble to get this information.

WaluigiâEUTMs Backstory:

Voice actor Charles Martinet claimed in an interview that Wario and Waluigi are not related, saying that they are just "two nice, evil guys who found each other."

In Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, itâEUTMs explained that Wario is from another dimension but is unrelated to Mario.

In WaluigiâEUTMs debut game, Mario Tennis, Waluigi and Luigi have an immediate hatred for one another the moment they meet. Wario acted similarly toward Mario in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. This must mean that Waluigi is from a parallel universe as well!

But waitâEU¦thereâEUTMs more.

Have you noticed that Waluigi never appears in any Mario games except the sports and party ones? Also, he has never appeared in a game without Wario at his side.

He is from the same parallel universe that Wario came from, but he does not act as an independent, free individual.
He is WarioâEUTMs living shadow, an evil twin of an evil twin.

Note: although the first part is confirmed by in-game evidence, the second part is just a theory.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Apr. 29th, 2013 @ 08:40 PM Reply


FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! AFTER ALL THIS TIME! It may not look like it, but I went through a lot of trouble to get this information.

WaluigiâEUTMs Backstory:

Voice actor Charles Martinet claimed in an interview that Wario and Waluigi are not related, saying that they are just "two nice, evil guys who found each other."

In Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, itâEUTMs explained that Wario is from another dimension but is unrelated to Mario.

In WaluigiâEUTMs debut game, Mario Tennis, Waluigi and Luigi have an immediate hatred for one another the moment they meet. Wario acted similarly toward Mario in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. This must mean that Waluigi is from a parallel universe as well!

But waitâEU¦thereâEUTMs more.

Have you noticed that Waluigi never appears in any Mario games except the sports and party ones? Also, he has never appeared in a game without Wario at his side.

He is from the same parallel universe that Wario came from, but he does not act as an independent, free individual.
He is WarioâEUTMs living shadow, an evil twin of an evil twin.

Note: although the first part is confirmed by in-game evidence, the second part is just a theory.

Revised backstory for Waluigi, this time with more actual evidence:

In a game called Mario & Wario, all the characters except Luigi and a fairy called Wanda were hypnotized by Wario himself.

Wanda only appeared in two Mario games: Mario & Wario and Wario's Woods. In the latter, Wario makes purple-costumed clones of himself, which are all dubbed False Wario.

Conclusion: Waluigi is a skinny False Wario.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

Blitzkrieg667
Blitzkrieg667
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 04:27 PM Reply

What continuity? ._.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity May. 1st, 2013 @ 01:27 AM Reply

At 4/30/13 04:27 PM, Blitzkrieg667 wrote: What continuity? ._.

This question has been addressed above. If you didn't see a response, check again.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity May. 1st, 2013 @ 02:01 AM Reply

Does anybody really give a crap about continuity in Mario?

I really don't understand why people try and assign strict continuities to franchises like Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Why do some nerds need strict continuity in everything?

Impenetrable continuity is what ruined mainstream superhero comics.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Plotholes in the Mario Continuity May. 3rd, 2013 @ 04:23 PM Reply

Does anybody really give a crap about continuity in Mario?

I really don't understand why people try and assign strict continuities to franchises like Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Why do some nerds need strict continuity in everything?

Impenetrable continuity is what ruined mainstream superhero comics.

Dismissal of curiosity is the refuge of a coward.


It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.