NataushaM
NataushaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
My art portfolio Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 03:59 PM Reply

Hello everybody
Lately I've been in the mood of creating more art work. However I'd love for someone to critique my work. I feel as if by someone doing so... I'd be very inspired to create more. Good or bad I'm hoping I'd get some feed back. It also let me know that someone out there has seen what I've done. :3

My art portfolio

NataushaM
NataushaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 03:59 PM, NataushaM wrote: Hello everybody
Lately I've been in the mood of creating more art work. However I'd love for someone to critique my work. I feel as if by someone doing so... I'd be very inspired to create more. Good or bad I'm hoping I'd get some feed back. It also let me know that someone out there has seen what I've done. :3

Spider Lady.

My art portfolio

NataushaM
NataushaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 04:08 PM Reply

Angelic

My art portfolio

NataushaM
NataushaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

Zodiac

My art portfolio

NataushaM
NataushaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 04:31 PM Reply

Goth or punk

My art portfolio

Fireangelz
Fireangelz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 06:23 PM Reply

Yes I find your dwawings interesting...
However, i recomend you try to do a still life (realistic) drawing to show more of your skill.

''Im not underaged, im a teenager''

Nacco
Nacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Artist
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 07:52 PM Reply

They look really good. Though I suggest studying real faces and their anatomy, more specifically the nose and eyes.
I must also warn you for manga influence!
Though though it might look easier to draw and be pretty when done right , I think it is a dangerous road for a beginning artist because some people tend to reference other manga art instead of real life, eventually messing up their own realistic anatomic perception. But that's just opinion.
I definitely would like to see some more of your work here.

johnnycancer
johnnycancer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 07:55 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 06:23 PM, Fireangelz wrote: However, i recomend you try to do a still life (realistic) drawing to show more of your skill.

No, don't do that. I find what you are drawing at the moment a lot more interesting and a better demonstration of skill than if you were to draw a tree.

I really like the look of the first drawing you posted as well as the Spider Lady sketch. I would love to see you do some work that looks a little more finished, with a background and maybe even color added to it.

If you are looking for any kind of software to use, I would recommend IrfanView to clean up pictures and adjust colors and GIMP to add some color.

BBS Signature
NataushaM
NataushaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 07:55 PM, johnnycancer wrote:
At 10/10/12 06:23 PM, Fireangelz wrote: However, i recomend you try to do a still life (realistic) drawing to show more of your skill.
No, don't do that. I find what you are drawing at the moment a lot more interesting and a better demonstration of skill than if you were to draw a tree.

I really like the look of the first drawing you posted as well as the Spider Lady sketch. I would love to see you do some work that looks a little more finished, with a background and maybe even color added to it.

If you are looking for any kind of software to use, I would recommend IrfanView to clean up pictures and adjust colors and GIMP to add some color.

Thank-you so much for finding my creativity interesting. I'd also love to thank-you for giving me a couple of programs to improve my work. It'll take me a while to get a better understanding of these programs. Although, the only thing I've come close to was using MS paint (lol) . I'm definitely a Newbie when handling with such programs.

I'll try my best to be a bit more finished and colorful with my work. Even though my coloring sucks (lol) but that's for you and others to find out <3 . Oh and I'll add some background with my work too.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Please don't listen to him, but then after that, do. You become better at drawing by learning from the base upwards. Once you can understand how to draw accurately from life and understand shape and form, then your current style will only dramatically improve as your brain will think about all the complications a line can make much easier. I like what you've done, but don't be totally unwavering with using your own style all the time.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
NataushaM
NataushaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 06:23 PM, Fireangelz wrote:
Yes I find your dwawings interesting...
However, i recomend you try to do a still life (realistic) drawing to show more of your skill.

Thank-you for being interested in my art. I have a few "realistic" pieces somewhere. Stick around and I'll post them in a moment. :)

DragonPunch
DragonPunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 06:25 PM Reply

Thank-you so much for finding my creativity interesting. I'd also love to thank-you for giving me a couple of programs to improve my work. It'll take me a while to get a better understanding of these programs. Although, the only thing I've come close to was using MS paint (lol) . I'm definitely a Newbie when handling with such programs.

I'll try my best to be a bit more finished and colorful with my work. Even though my coloring sucks (lol) but that's for you and others to find out <3 . Oh and I'll add some background with my work too.

I would practice with the human form. Your anatomy seems a bit off, even if your characters come across as creative. Anatomy is something even I struggle with to this day, and I am still trying to improve on it. The reason you want to practice regardless if you feel you need to or not is so that you can be more creative. The more you inhibit yourself when you start, the more freedom you'll be able to exercise once you know hot to break the rules. Again, I am still struggling with this, and again, not to toot my own horn, but I have gotten better over the years that I have been drawing, but the most improvement I have found came with actually studying the human form. So do that and sooner or later you could really do some fantastic things.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have guns to practice drawing.

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature
NataushaM
NataushaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 06:34 PM Reply

At 10/11/12 06:01 PM, Otto wrote:
Please don't listen to him, but then after that, do. You become better at drawing by learning from the base upwards. Once you can understand how to draw accurately from life and understand shape and form, then your current style will only dramatically improve as your brain will think about all the complications a line can make much easier. I like what you've done, but don't be totally unwavering with using your own style all the time.

I appreciate the feed back and I totally agree with you all the way. I actually took a little practice upon myself within the Still life category. However, it seems that my extent is to drawing hands (lol). Although I will continue to advance my work in all categories.Thank-you once again for taking a liking to my art.

NataushaM
NataushaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 04:31 PM, NataushaM wrote: Goth or punk

Our hands <3

My art portfolio

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Artist
Response to My art portfolio Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM Reply

Sweet stuff- I especially love the hands.

The main thing I see with your work is a complete reliance on contour- do you have any works that are less contour-y? I don't mean to imply there's anything wrong with contour drawings, but when artists are beginning and never learn to describe mass without outlining everything it gets to be an impediment to their artistic growth.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature