Daani
Daani
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 11:31 AM Reply

Hey guys!

Earlier this year I released my first game for the AppStore. It quickly climbed up to a #3 position top paid USA (+ over 20 other countries). The game is called "Clear Vision (17+)" and you can check it out here:
http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/clear-vision-17+/id500116670?
mt=8

I have now been working my fingers to the bone on the follow up and I realize that I want this to be done a lot quicker. Thus, I am reaching out for talented artists who can assist me in drawing/designing background art for the game. I've already made a lot of the art myself so I will need someone who can match the style a little.

I have attached one picture of a backgrounds used in "Clear Vision (17+)" so you can get an idea of the style. It may look simple, but it is the feeling we're after. I think you'll need to see a bunch more pictures to get a better idea of what I'm looking for. Check out this link to see more info about the previous game (Clear Vision 17+ that is): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clear-vision-17+/id500116670?
mt=8

Of course, a fair compensation will be arranged. Feel free to PM me with questions or respond to this thread! If you'd like you could draw/design a sample to show that you can pull this style off.

Anyhow, thank you for your time and I hope I can find someone who can be a part of a winning team!

Thank you,
Dan Erhard Olsson

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 40
Artist
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 01:06 PM Reply

Um, do you have a couple more screenshots you could upload? Or even the backgrounds from your first game? Its just the ones at the app store really don't do much justice. You have the scope in the way of most of them, and just can't get a total feel of what you want.

Also How many backgrounds are you looking for? This will help us get a solid feel of how much work we would need to do.

This is just some basic query to help us understand the project fully.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 02:05 PM Reply

Hey there, I actually have that game on my iPhone. I am almost sure a possible sequel will be a great success again. I am not good with deadlines and drawing several pics in a consistent style, otherwise I would not waste a second to join you. I hope you find someone who will take your offer. After all there is some money in it for both parties.

Good luck!

BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

It is at this point that I am upset that I am not very strong as an artist. Best of luck on this project, and if you need a voice actor then I could help lol.

II II lI

BBS Signature
Daani
Daani
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 10/10/12 01:06 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Um, do you have a couple more screenshots you could upload? Or even the backgrounds from your first game? Its just the ones at the app store really don't do much justice. You have the scope in the way of most of them, and just can't get a total feel of what you want.

Also How many backgrounds are you looking for? This will help us get a solid feel of how much work we would need to do.

This is just some basic query to help us understand the project fully.

Hey Kinsei01!

Yes of course, sorry about that! However, I believe you'd need to view at least 10 different screenshots to build an accurate overview of the style. But I'll give you a couple to start with so you could see if it's something for you!:)

This is basically a background of a mission in the game where we have two targets in the resturant.

It's rather simple, but like I said earlier, it is the overall feeling I'm after.

Thank you for your time:)

Looking for Artist for AppStore hit

Daani
Daani
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 10th, 2012 @ 05:21 PM Reply

Here's another screenshot from the earlier "Clear Vision (17+)".

More details about this project:
We're looking at about 3 months of work and about 30-40 designed backgrounds. Should I find someone who would like to join and is suited for the position I've got many more projects coming up so there is a great chance for even more work. I plan to be doing this for a long time and I strongly value a persons ability to express any issues, questions etc. that may pop up during the working process. I see no problem in expressing whatever is on your mind when you're working with me. We're both in a project together and we both want to solve whatever pops up during the course of development so communication is key.
Do not worry about your location on planet Earth. Working across the internet is no problem. We'd have contact through skype and e-mail as often as needed:)

bigCman321
bigCman321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 04:17 AM Reply

It's not my usual style at all, but I've been wanting to do art for a game (an app is most likely to reach the broadest market and likeliest to make some cash). I'm interested, but I'm really busy at the moment with college.

Daani
Daani
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 06:16 AM Reply

At 10/11/12 04:17 AM, bigCman321 wrote: It's not my usual style at all, but I've been wanting to do art for a game (an app is most likely to reach the broadest market and likeliest to make some cash). I'm interested, but I'm really busy at the moment with college.

Hey! I'm glad you're interested. From what I can see you are really talented. I like to leave a bit of room for the ones I work with to give their own touch to things. The room for adding your own touch is not large on this project since I'm a bit more than half-through though. So I need backgrounds that come out with the same feel to it. Too bad that you're so busy with College, do you think it will lighten up any time soon?

Since the first game has sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide since february I have strong faith that this follow up will do just as good.

Thank you for your input!
Dan

Daani
Daani
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 06:49 AM Reply

Another screenshot from the previous "Clear Vision" game.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 08:16 AM Reply

Style doesn't remind me of anyone currently active in the Art forum.

You could try the Collaboration forum, or try browsing the Art Portal and contacting any artists whose works interest you.

Nacco
Nacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Artist
Response to Looking for Artist for AppStore hit Oct. 11th, 2012 @ 10:56 AM Reply

At 10/11/12 06:49 AM, Daani wrote: Another screenshot from the previous "Clear Vision" game.

The game reminds me of SamGreen's killing spree flash videos, maybe you could try and pm him.

It's nice to see successful game creators scouting for artists in the ng art forum btw :)