Be a Supporter!
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Edit posts 2012-10-10 14:53:43 Reply

At 10/10/12 02:19 PM, Weeaboo wrote: The thread would be in page 1000 by the time you done that.

9 times out of 10, threads that progress that quickly are just stupid +1 post dumps where it doesn't matter if the posts are in any coherent order anyway.

And to the rest of it: Nope. Been asked a million times already; the majority of the userbase is too stupid and immature here to be trusted with an edit button. While I like the idea of being approved for one (forum scouting system, maybe?), it's not something that'll end well if given to everyone.

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Edit posts 2012-10-10 15:43:10 Reply

Posts editing is for girls. Real men know grammar and spelling.

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne Dean is a winner Also, stop whining for the chat and go check this out ▾▾

Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Edit posts 2012-10-10 17:25:57 Reply

I think editing posts would only work on this site if there was some sort of edit history, or if the initial post prior to the edit was displayed on a line above or below the edit

it's probably not that complex but honestly it really isn't a huge deal if someone made a garmatical error because the human mind can usually understand the jist of what's trying to be said. My point is that while it would be nice it also isn't really a priority or necessity to the BBS because it really won't add a whole lot of usefulness.

DevinArcane
DevinArcane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Edit posts 2012-10-10 17:27:07 Reply

Stop typing, look over it, make sure it's pristine and as you imagined, then click "post."

My power is the only power.

Synnxile
Synnxile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Edit posts 2012-10-10 17:30:08 Reply

At 10/10/12 03:36 AM, cjsnow1 wrote: Is there any way to edit your posts? I'm sure people have made spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, etc. that they've wanted to fix. Hell, I made an error in a thread I just made on the AP BBS.

sdrawkcab yletelpmoc tuo semoc ti ,dnim ym ni ecnetnes a ees i emit yreve erehw noitidnoc siht evah i ...ees ...ereh tcerroc ot yaw a erew ereht hsiw yllaer i

you can do whatever the hell you want. up to you

BBS Signature