00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why We Should Vote

979 Views | 27 Replies

Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 11:51:26

People have been making posts talking about how voting is bad and it does not make a difference. They point out the bad things that have not changed and say "see the vote did nothing." The thing is these people don't every point out the good things that voting does.

Voting does not stop government corruption, it does not stop taxes, and it does not stop individuals in the government from trying to take more power. What it DOES do is limit what government can do or how much power an individual can have in the government. Congress talked about passing a bill that would restrict internet freedom. It seemed sure to pass but then millions of Americans complained about it. They sent angry emails complaining about it.

Not only did the bill not pass they threw it out all together. Congress did this because they were afraid of getting voted out of office. That is an example of the power of the vote. In fact if the people did this more often then the government would have alot less power.

Our founding fathers realized that they would not stop government corruption or change human nature. That why they created a government of checks and balances. This makes it so no one group can get full power. The vote is part of that regulation and check and balances. Get ride of the vote you get ride of the checks and balance. Get ride of the checks and balances and you get a more tyrannical system. You loss very ability to complain about the government.

That's why I say the vote is not just our right it is our duty.

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 12:25:42

Voting will not stop rather on the contrary Voting will continue to enable issues such as but not limited to "Wars of Terror", Corruption, Cronyism, War Profiteering, Corporate/Governmental collusion, Fiat/debt based devalued and inflated currency etc ... Until these issues are addressed and corrected 100% then why reward and enable these corrupt and evil behaviors with your vote ?

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 16:31:43

At 10/9/12 12:25 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: why reward and enable these corrupt and evil behaviors with your vote ?

Because at least voting presents the opportunity for change. Even though the change may be small, and big changes are few and far between, at least it's a chance to change. All not voting does is... well... nothing. You may not be rewarding those who do bad things, but unlike those who vote, you aren't making even the slightest attempt to change those bad things that they do.

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 16:34:41

Keep in mind that not exercising your right to participate in a democratic system is a choice in of itself, which I think is far more damaging than a vote for the lesser evil.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 17:02:44

At 10/9/12 12:25 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Voting will not stop rather on the contrary Voting will continue to enable issues such as but not limited to "Wars of Terror", Corruption, Cronyism, War Profiteering, Corporate/Governmental collusion, Fiat/debt based devalued and inflated currency etc ... Until these issues are addressed and corrected 100% then why reward and enable these corrupt and evil behaviors with your vote ?

There you go again completely ignoring the good things that the vote does. You ignored the fact that we got congress to back down with that bill thanks to the vote. Also you ignore the fact that you could not even say what you are saying with out our checks and balances and the vote is part of that.

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 17:08:48

At 10/9/12 04:31 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 10/9/12 12:25 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: why reward and enable these corrupt and evil behaviors with your vote ?
Because at least voting presents the opportunity for change.

LOL the koolaid rots the mind from the inside out.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 17:12:53

At 10/9/12 05:02 PM, Jmayer20 wrote:
There you go again completely ignoring the good things that the vote does.

When you vote you support it all including a 4 year dictatorship.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 17:13:46

At 10/9/12 04:34 PM, Feoric wrote: Keep in mind that not exercising your right to participate in a democratic system is a choice in of itself, which I think is far more damaging than a vote for the lesser evil.

It seems only smart to choice who you think is the lesser evil. Other wise you just let the greater evil in and what good does that do. Also if nothing else the vote makes the government have to appease the people more then they would in country's that don't have the vote. I don't know about you but I prefer to get the best deal possible and not voting gives me a worse deal.

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 17:16:31

Who says you have to vote for one of the two major parties?

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 17:22:04

To Camarohusky

I'm pretty sure leanlifter1 is just trolling us. We already pointed out how voting does more then not voting. He is not answering our question or even really explaining how it is that we are wrong. If fact all he is doing is mocking us by saying things like "LOL the koolaid rots the mind from the inside out."

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 17:23:04

At 10/9/12 05:13 PM, Jmayer20 wrote:

Also if nothing else the vote makes the government have to appease the people more then they would in country's that don't have the vote.

That is such a logically failed and sheepish attitude for the reason being that "Coercion" is not alright not even a little bit.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 17:24:11

At 10/9/12 05:16 PM, TucoM wrote: Who says you have to vote for one of the two major parties?

I don't think any one is saying that. The argument is about weather or not we should vote at all.

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 17:58:13

At 10/9/12 05:24 PM, Jmayer20 wrote:
At 10/9/12 05:16 PM, TucoM wrote: Who says you have to vote for one of the two major parties?
I don't think any one is saying that. The argument is about weather or not we should vote at all.

That was directed at Leanlifter, who really hates the two major parties.

As a Libertarian, I vote........just to let the system know that we exist.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 18:02:52

At 10/9/12 05:58 PM, TucoM wrote:

It's not about this or that Political "Party" it's about knowing the difference between ethics and coercive/Fasict institutions.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 18:07:03

At 10/9/12 06:02 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 10/9/12 05:58 PM, TucoM wrote:
It's not about this or that Political "Party" it's about knowing the difference between ethics and coercive/Fasict institutions.

How does that apply to LPUSA?

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 18:13:35

At 10/9/12 06:07 PM, TucoM wrote:

LPUSA ?

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 18:14:48

At 10/9/12 06:13 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
LPUSA ?

Libertarian Party of the United States of America.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 18:14:53

At 10/9/12 06:13 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
LPUSA ?

Libertarian Party

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 18:28:34

At 10/9/12 06:14 PM, TucoM wrote:

Let me rephrase in that it's not about this that or the other or the other or the other .... political "Party" it's about knowing the difference between ethics and coercive/Fasict institutions. I guess if my Father was say Mao Zedong I would have a hard time seeing past his propaganda just as a snowflake has no clue that it is part of an avalanche.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 18:31:24

At 10/9/12 06:28 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Let me rephrase in that it's not about this that or the other or the other or the other .... political "Party" it's about knowing the difference between ethics and coercive/Fasict institutions.

You keep saying "coercive fascist institutions". Care to elaborate?

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 18:49:54

At 10/9/12 06:31 PM, TucoM wrote:

No.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 21:57:12

At 10/9/12 05:23 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 10/9/12 05:13 PM, Jmayer20 wrote:
Also if nothing else the vote makes the government have to appease the people more then they would in country's that don't have the vote.

That is such a logically failed and sheepish attitude for the reason being that "Coercion" is not alright not even a little bit.

Until you come up with a new system that is better then you have to just except that the system is not perfect. I think in term of reality and realistically this is the best we our going to get and you not voting does not change that if anything we get a worse deal. You have not explained how the positive things I said about voting is wrong. All you keep doing is saying over and over its not good enough.

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-09 22:02:51

At 10/9/12 06:49 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
No.

That's because what he is saying can not be explained because it is illogical.

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-10 00:15:46

At 10/9/12 10:02 PM, Jmayer20 wrote:
No.

Does he see black helicopters, too?

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-10 09:42:44

At 10/9/12 10:02 PM, Jmayer20 wrote:
No.

No use fighting with blind people.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-10 10:17:56

To leanlifter1

Its not that were blind. Its that you have not answered any of our questions, you haven't given us any hard evidence to what you are saying, or disproved what we had said. In fact all you have done is chant the same thing over and over and mock us. Also even though we made strong point agents what you have said you still keep chanting the same thing over and over with out proving or even explaining to us how we are wrong.

For this I have concluded one of two thing. Either you are trolling us or you are insane. That's why I think there is no more point in debating this with you. This will probably be my last post to you so good bye.

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-10 10:28:11

At 10/10/12 10:17 AM, Jmayer20 wrote: To leanlifter1

Its not that were blind. Its that you have not answered any of our questions, you haven't given us any hard evidence to what you are saying, or disproved what we had said. In fact all you have done is chant the same thing over and over and mock us. Also even though we made strong point agents what you have said you still keep chanting the same thing over and over with out proving or even explaining to us how we are wrong.

For this I have concluded one of two thing. Either you are trolling us or you are insane. That's why I think there is no more point in debating this with you. This will probably be my last post to you so good bye.

Hard evidence was given and is all around you everyday in something called reality. You are now trying to create a ridiculing post to try and mitigate and pass off what I have said in other posts as not relevant etc. The thing is in the future what I am saying in previous posts will be looked upon as intelligent true fact just like when Obamney was campaigning back in 07 I was saying the same thing now that it is all LIES LIES LIES and guess what he is and you people ate it up. Romney or any other party will be the same thing as Obama as Politicians have never and will never solve any problems there job is to create problems to profit of there proposed solutions.

BBS Signature

Response to Why We Should Vote 2012-10-10 11:23:37

Guys I think I figured something out about leanlifter1. He is not about lets choice the best opinion or lets chose the most realistic system that works. He doesn't even think in terms of this system and all the other systems are not good enough so lets come up with a better system that will work. Instead he is not for any system so he thinks we should appose it all.

In short he is an anarchist. He wants us to oppose every thing that is not perfect. Well the problem is the world is not perfect. You either have to chose the best system you can get or you create a new realistic system that will work. I how ever do not think leanlifter1 will create a new and realistic system so I think he should just chose which system he prefers sit down and stop crying like a baby about how the world is not perfect.