New Topic Respond to this Topic
Thaters80
Thaters80
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
(suggestion) the chatwing chatbox Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 03:53 AM Reply

Gamers can now rely on the Chatwing chat widget when it comes to fast and real-time communication. Now, gamers can discuss tips, walkthroughs, and other information through the simple Chatwing application.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to (suggestion) the chatwing chatbox Oct. 9th, 2012 @ 11:20 AM Reply

So your suggestion is that with every game on Newgrounds there comes a little chatbox on the side where players can discuss things about the game?

Games can already be discussed on the forums and I don't think a real-time chat would really add much. Also, I think chat moderators already have their hands full with the general chat. It would be undoable to police all those little chat rooms and ensure nobody is spawning malicious links or breaking any other rules.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 15 March 2014)

BBS Signature
Thaters80
Thaters80
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to (suggestion) the chatwing chatbox Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 10/9/12 11:20 AM, Auz wrote: So your suggestion is that with every game on Newgrounds there comes a little chatbox on the side where players can discuss things about the game?

Games can already be discussed on the forums and I don't think a real-time chat would really add much. Also, I think chat moderators already have their hands full with the general chat. It would be undoable to police all those little chat rooms and ensure nobody is spawning malicious links or breaking any other rules.

I was suggesting that a lot of us gamers could use and nice free chat. There can be many nice uses, for example, you can create your own chat channel like chatiwng.com/newgrounds and then give that link out to whoever you want.

or you can embed chatwing into your site to discuss the game specifics or other things..

I am just saying Chatwing has many cool features and advantages and it could be very good for some gamers to benefit from. You can even upload a NewGrounds or any logo so it is in the background of the chat..

I already know a lot of gamers using it, its worth checking out..
http://www.chatwing.com

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to (suggestion) the chatwing chatbox Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 06:49 AM Reply

At 10/9/12 11:20 AM, Auz wrote: Games can already be discussed on the forums and I don't think a real-time chat would really add much. Also, I think chat moderators already have their hands full with the general chat. It would be undoable to police all those little chat rooms and ensure nobody is spawning malicious links or breaking any other rules.

100% this, and whatever's written in the forum would be permenant (unless it's discussing secret medals).

At 10/14/12 10:24 PM, Thaters80 wrote: I am just saying Chatwing has many cool features and advantages and it could be very good for some gamers to benefit from.
I already know a lot of gamers using it, its worth checking out..
http://www.chatwing.com

Do you work for Chatwing?

BBS Signature